Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Three

psychic sue

I think this is about romance again. Have I missed the bus?

I am worried about communication and showing my feelings, trying to avoid it but having to do it.

The cheap tacky rings could be my past relationships.

The dagger - well I am sure you know what that represents! - also, would I be losing something sacred by getting involved?

Any thoughts?

Sophie-David

Sue at the Window

This dream is quite deep and complex, Sue, and I am having trouble coming to terms with it all. The dream director was saving up something special!
psychic sue said:
Vague recollections of a dream last night. I am at a bus stop with my auntie, son and cousin. My other cousin (cousin a's brother) is on the phone to me. He is giving me financial advice about my house. I am saying "yeah, yeah" but thinking "what a load of old rubbish, no way am I doing that!". I feel uncomfortable talking to him and keep trying to pass him on to my aunt or cousing b) but he wants to speak to me.

The bus we are waiting for never comes and so I decide to forget it and walk.
This first part reads fairly easy. Cousin B seems to represent distractive materiality, the often unnecessary and irrelevant trivia that fills this world and tries to drag us down. Your path is not the collective or common one represented by the bus: you have chosen to journey in your own way, taking your own direction.

psychic sue said:
We walk past a shop. My son and my niece (who has turned up in the dream) go into the shop through a secret door. I remain outside looking through the window. One window has rings on display in a box. They look cheap and tacky.
The secret door is fascinating, suggested an Arcanum, an esoteric journey. The active and dynamic parts of the psyche know the way forward into its mysteries. Yes, the cheap and tacky rings do suggest past relationships to me also, ones in which the unity experienced is not transcendent and transforming, but superficial. The subject of your romance may or may not in himself bring transformation, but the experience of romance will enliven and energize you, bringing an even greater spirit of adventure and risk taking.

psychic sue said:
Another window has some type of Athamne (is that the right word? Sacrificial dagger) on display and others behind it.
Clearly there is dynamic masculine Sword energy involved, and its sacredness suggests to me that it is from the Crown. Its sacrificial nature implies egoic death and rebirth. Paradoxically, I would see the result as reforming and strengthening your ego in a positive way. As we have discussed, your Crown is open and ready to receive, bringing the promise of new transformation as the Inner Eye recedes into balance.

psychic sue said:
An old woman is looking through the window with me but she is not paying attention.
Not paying attention to you or to the window? This image may link to your previous dream of the old woman who journeys into the basement.

psychic sue said:
I bet Freud would have had a field day with me!
Actually, I think he would have been one of the most boring people imaginable. My mentor suggests he should be no more than a footnote in the history of psychology! :laugh:

psychic sue

Thank you David that does make a lot of sense. I should have said the old lady was not paying attention to me, but looking at the rings etc. She wasn't interested in the swords at all.

My new friend is going through a similar transformation as I am at the moment. We both seem to have new guides stepping forward which is a bit strange. He is also feeling he needs to make some quite sweeping changes in his life. It will be interesting to see if any more dreams come. I have had a drought for a while now - probably medication.

Deep blessings and thanks,

Sue x

Sophie-David

psychic sue said:
Thank you David that does make a lot of sense. I should have said the old lady was not paying attention to me, but looking at the rings etc. She wasn't interested in the swords at all.
Just a hunch - perhaps because her journey is one of descent rather than ascent? The rings seem to be more of a Pentacle thing to me, the Swords are of the high chakras.

Kahlie

Sophie-David said:
I am so sorry you had this dream Kahlie! You have been going through a lot lately. How are things with your grandmother, and with the family's reaction?

There is a theme of masculine betrayal and abuse here, not only in the rapist, but more subtley in the grandfather. The dream establishes a parallelism between the two events, framing the movement of the train.

The train expresses the journey through life theme, but the tracks make this journey seem preordained. Travel down them seems arbitrary and subject to deadends. The Wheel of Fortune seems savage and cruel. The penalty for coming off the tracks is harsh - rape. Rape is never, ever deserved, but guilt arises in so many ways - did I send the wrong signals, could I have fought harder?

As in regression therapy - which I have personally found extremely effective, although by no means the final resolution to the issues - the dream gives you the opportunity to go back and relive the trauma. You are not able to resolve the issues in this dream, but the work continues...

Dear David,

With Everything going on I missed this post. What I found odd was that it was not me experiencing the rape - but another. I've had dreams in which I was raped, so it's strange that suddenly there is a 'substitute'.
I'm not quite sure why I was suddenly French or what a French Grandfather had to do with it. Both my grandfathers already passed away before I was born. The dream seems to indicate some past life influences. I've been working with past lives, so I wondered if this is a pattern that had been 'repeated'. Hence the second repeat me being the victim.

Kahlie

P.S. My grandmother passed away on Sunday the 24th of September in the morning. The family isn't dealing with things so well, but at least I am. I'm grateful for the huge leaps I've made and the huge spiritual Growth and I know I have my grandmother to thank for that.

Kahlie

Last night I dreamt of my grandmother and Ruth. I'm not quite sure who Ruth is, but I've send a message to an AT member here because I thought she's named Ruth and it was her.

My other dream centered again around a train. This time I was in one. I opened my wallet and realised somebody had stolen a 50 and a 20 bill from my wallet. I knew it was a young man who I've seen earlier.
I apprehended him and got my money back - as well as getting money back for other people. I gave them all their money back. However, somebody wanted to give me a lot of money as a reward. I had trouble accepting it and I was planning on returning it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This relates very well to how much difficulty I still have in accepting Gifts. My financial situation isn't that good, but also isn't very bad. I've repeatedly asked Heaven for some help and did get it.
Recently I had a talk with my lover, and told him I would never wish to win the Euromillions Lottery, thinking it would have a very negative influence on my life.

I have problems accepting things because for some reason or another I am always thinking: "Did I deserve this?". I know this isn't a very healthy belief and I'm boycotting myself and the wonderful things that can come my way - if I let them.
Now that I've won the Subscriber Competition yesterday I felt rather guilty. This is the Third Competition I've won. (Twice Special Competitions, Once now the Subscriber). I know that around 50% of the Decks I have come from Gifts from friends, Gifts from people who were kind to me, won in competitions and one earned in exchange for a review.
Every month I have a small budget of 10 euro's to spend on something personal for me. So all these things are very welcome - yet I feel guilty...
Obviously I have work to do...

Kahlie

Sophie-David

Kahlie said:
This relates very well to how much difficulty I still have in accepting Gifts. My financial situation isn't that good, but also isn't very bad. I've repeatedly asked Heaven for some help and did get it.
Recently I had a talk with my lover, and told him I would never wish to win the Euromillions Lottery, thinking it would have a very negative influence on my life.

I have problems accepting things because for some reason or another I am always thinking: "Did I deserve this?". I know this isn't a very healthy belief and I'm boycotting myself and the wonderful things that can come my way - if I let them.
Now that I've won the Subscriber Competition yesterday I felt rather guilty. This is the Third Competition I've won. (Twice Special Competitions, Once now the Subscriber). I know that around 50% of the Decks I have come from Gifts from friends, Gifts from people who were kind to me, won in competitions and one earned in exchange for a review.
Every month I have a small budget of 10 euro's to spend on something personal for me. So all these things are very welcome - yet I feel guilty...
Obviously I have work to do...
Of course I have had very similar issues, right from childhood - they stem from abuse and fear. I have found that this feeling of unworth has very little to do with how much or little money or other resources I may have.

This is at core a Root Chakra problem: quoting Anodea Judith, the "right to be here, the right to have". My radical journey in the last three years has helped, and the current drumming practice is very corrective. But these issues of unworth also transpose to the Solar Plexus at Chakra Three. If you feel you have no right to be here, then you also don't have the "right to act" either, and shame controls you. For me, this feeling of unworth is now centred at Chakra Three.

Congratulations on your recent win! You DID deserve it! :)

Sophie-David

Kahlie said:
With Everything going on I missed this post. What I found odd was that it was not me experiencing the rape - but another. I've had dreams in which I was raped, so it's strange that suddenly there is a 'substitute'.
I'm not quite sure why I was suddenly French or what a French Grandfather had to do with it. Both my grandfathers already passed away before I was born. The dream seems to indicate some past life influences. I've been working with past lives, so I wondered if this is a pattern that had been 'repeated'. Hence the second repeat me being the victim.
I see the distancing of the rape into the third person as a positive sign of detachment from victimhood.
Kahlie said:
P.S. My grandmother passed away on Sunday the 24th of September in the morning. The family isn't dealing with things so well, but at least I am. I'm grateful for the huge leaps I've made and the huge spiritual Growth and I know I have my grandmother to thank for that.
I think you are very fortunate to have been blessed by a supportive grandmother. For me, my paternal grandmother was my only lifeline to sanity as a child. But as a mother she had been profoundly abusive to her son, my father.

Sophie-David

A Flight Delayed, A Vessel Destroyed

September 29, 2006:

I am about to board a large commercial airliner for an international flight. I have cleared security and customs and am in the final lineup to enter the connecting walkway to the plane. But at the last moment the flight is delayed, and the passengers head back to a waiting room. At this point the dream ego's point of view switches from me as Sophie to me as David.

I am watching a children's educational television show, a PBS type program. This episode, or this week's theme, is a well known one called, "The Unfairness of Fairness, and Sex for the Wrong Purpose". I cannot remember the segments in detail, but they were definitely all G-rated, and suitable for both children and adults. There were segments on numbers, alphabet, words, and life situations as would be typical in Sesame Street. The show is well done, with gentle satire and wisdom. The "Unfairness of Fairness" refers to treating everyone as the same, ignoring individual differences. "Sex for the Wrong Purpose" refers to using love and sex as a commodity for exchange and barter, or of trivializing it.

In a later dream, a large ship has caught fire. We head out in a Coast Guard cutter and rescue the crew. The ship is left to burn, and everyone seems well satisfied with the outcome.

In the first dream, there seems to be a pretty clear reference back to Sophie's abortive journey in the personal Aquarian aircraft. This ascent is a communal and highly formalized one. In fact the overbearing traditions of security, safety and food delivery as found on modern aircraft, together with the surrender of even the most personal items of grooming and sustenance, remind me very much of induction into a ritualistic cult! At the last moment the ascent is delayed since it must be preceded by preparatory work. The ascent itself could in part refer to the Deva Premal concert next week, but more likely references the Reiki III initiation at the beginning of November.

And this preparatory work in the airport waiting room consists of watching an unusually titled children's show. Of course children are exposed to exactly the contrary philosophies in their typical television viewing, although they are not identified so helpfully. It has been said that the quality of democracy is measured by its treatment of minorities. Well we don't seem to be doing so well at that lately! And of course, love and sex are rarely conveyed as the transformative and ecstatic sacred mysteries of union that they in fact are.

In my personal journey, I would expect that there will be further work on healing the inner child, of clearing out and purifying the dregs of our uncivilization. Hmm, do I detect a note of passion in my writing today? Could it be the ship of fire burning out beyond the harbour? It would seem that Pallas the drummer's invocation of smoke to descend upon the waters has now become one of fire! The ego could use a healthy wakeup call!

Sophie-David

The Art Student

September 30, 2006

I am in an elementary school, sometimes as a student, sometimes as a teacher - of either gender. At the close of the dream I am one of the parents waiting outside the classroom as the children take a final test. The whole dream seems very serious, focused on learning.

In a later image, which was during dreaming, early morning trance or both, I see Pallas, the blonde drummer, in a long formal wine coloured dress with modest black heels. There was a great feeling of contentment, fulfillment and quiet joy in both of us.

Yesterday afternoon I received the first of my three orders for riq materials, the DVD tutor and CD sampler by Karim Nagi. I find that I am in love with Arabic music, which is the source of all that I like in traditional Spanish forms. The first thing that I discovered is that riq is pronounced "rick" rather than "reek". Nonetheless the error provided a great image for the invocation of incense in the dream of Pallas performing as "Geri Halliwell".

The next thing I discovered is that Sophie has chosen for me/her what is probably the most difficult tambourine in the world! The typical four basic sounds of frame drumming - related to Earth, Water, Fire and Air - are on this drum played in quite different ways according to which of the three different styles you are using at the time - open, closed or loud. Well, OK, first I think that maybe I will only need to learn "open" since it seems to be a good compromise. Uh-uh, the typical player uses all three physical positions during a performance, switching them on the fly! Yes, so that's me back in elementary school, studying my heart out! It is likely that the "teacher" represents the left brain absorbing the material, processing it for the "child" in the right brain - the only one capable of actually performing complex art or other tasks in real time.

But of course, the next dream presents the carrot: a fully satisfied inner drummer, the magical integrative link between the inner masculine and feminine. The shapely blonde drummer in the formal wine dress recalls an image presented to me by my mentor: that art is a holy chalice full of wine. Without the containment of the cup, the Creative Love of the Empress spills on the table and cannot be used. Without the wine, the Emperor's Chalice is an empty Form of no particular use to anyone. Effective art always has to achieve this balance between passion and form.