Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Three

Kahlie

Alright this dream saga is continuing.

Dream 3: Victorian Age
This time a young woman is laying in bed in her room. She sees a carriage come down and knows it's her Uncle Edward that she never saw before. She's scared a bit, because she heard some stories and it feels like he's looking straight through her.
She knows for some reason that he's going to ask her to move to another room and why they put her in that one. The women are also there and related to her.

She goes downstairs to meet him and he's interested in what she wants to do with her vacation. She tells him she mostly wants to read. She's brought some books and they are there on the table. He looks at them in a disdainful way. They are women fluff books. She tells him that has not been what she has been actually reading. But the women told her that he would be mad if she lent his books so she put it upstairs.
He smiles and makes a list with her what she likes. Goethe gets named too.

Then they go upstairs because she can not remember the name of the book, only that it's about two women and playing in the Victorian Age. While she's looking for the book she sees a lot of Tarot Decks. Mostly they are oversized. Then she sees the Flower Oracle (officially Victorian Flower Oracle), she looks inside the box to see if she left the book there. Instead she sees a Diddle notebook with a few leaves wrapped around the cards. She continous looking.

Suddenly her mouth fills up with the brownish stuff and she tries to get it out. Her uncle is visibly shaken and asks her what is happening. She tells him it just 'happened' now and again since she has been here. Suddenly she feels that he has had a love and she has died from this disease. They used to read books to each other.
I'm starting to conscious dream at this time so I'm mentally adding water/milk and raisins to the girls mouth. Most of the brown stuff is liquifying, but before she's cleaned out, I wake up. I thought "Leonard" but can't explain why.

Another twist in this ongoing dream metaphore. Again it seems the protagonist is not me. She seems to be able to divine things by unknown means. Unlike the other few times she is not panicking or anxious at all!

I do not have any of the oversized Tarot Decks she had. I do however have the Victorian Flower Oracle - which I adore - although my Readings with it haven't been very clear. I do have that Diddle notebook, I use them mostly to write responsibilities/lists down. It's the one part of the dream that's really 'odd' compared to the rest of the imagery. As if parts where bleeding in from my life into the dream.

Help! I would like to understand this dream saga...

Sophie-David

Lovers in an Alien World

Kahlie said:
Besides some wonderful dreams involving Kali, which sparked a beautiful meditation, I've noticed two dreams that seems to be interconnected... at least it's a series of dreams, and some I've posted here in the past I think.
I thought about it but it escapes me what exactly is being meant here.

The First Dream - Treasures from the Mouth
I dreamt I was sitting on the floor and pearls and beautiful things fell out of my mouth. I put them away in a box but the lid I had on it didn't fit. From all around bugs came running. I tried to squish them all so they couldn't get into my box. All the while more treasures where falling. Since the lid was too big at least it could protect my box.
A woman was sitting next to me, and she told me to let the bugs climb on me and then squish them like that.

I took this dream as an encouragment that I do have important things to communicate. Unlike the other 'mouth full' dreams this wasn't about broken glass, blood or something else negative.
I also realised that those bugs where possible negative attitudes that were also mine and I needed to work on that. I've since been able to release a lot of distraction so I was able to work more on what I wanted.
Yes, I would also see this as being about communicating - or more basically - expressing the treasures of your heart. Some of these treasures fall "outside the box" of conventional reality and cannot be contained within dualistic analysis. The bugs sound like distractions that are "bugging you", and I also think of the Bible quote, "casting pearls before swine". That seems pretty much implicit in creative work of all kinds, in any event - but don't let them bug you about it! ;)
Kahlie said:
Dream 2: Mouthfull again and Aliens this time!
This time I dreamt of a group of people who were at an alien planet. They were very scared, and one of the last of the group was being overtaken by een big army of Aliens.
She and some others with her moved into the army by removing clothing and starting to wear the clothing of the army. (Some other confused dream imagery pops up - other people are in a kind of siege weapon trying to defend themselves).

The woman then meets one of the most important Aliens, and the scene shifts to them sitting on a tree near a lake. He's in love with her and tells her that she changed him so much - and he no longer fits in his violent society. He's upset with these changes. She playfully slaps him and tells him: "Don't you think I'm intelligent enough to know that? After what we've been through". She tells him that all societies have to change from within and although it's hard that he feels he's the first, that's just how things are.
They decide to make love, walk away because they want to let the 'young one' (A young Alien soldier) see what it's like to have sex out of love.
Hmm, an alien planet with an alien lover! The civilians are taking on disguises - personnas - to hide their true nature, out of self-protection. Gee, it sounds a lot like life in this world as I know it, spiritual people in an alien world of conflict and destruction. The more you grow, the more separated you seem to become from the mainstream of society, but yet the increasing oneness and integration that you experience actually brings forth a loving compassion that returns you to it. By example you become the teacher and subverter of the established order, so that enlightenment spreads like a virus.

While at first this alien lover imagery seemed a classic reference to the inner beloved, now I am not so sure. But yet even the inner lover of the soul is so often found to have been corrupted by societal values, so that he or she must also be redeemed through love and egoic sacrifice.

Kahlie said:
The scene shifts and suddenly the woman is in a small house. Another woman is with her. She's explaining that Jeanette (third woman) is now a highranking woman in the Alien society. She keeps all this big parties. The parties are done in a hierarchy. The highest is the one everybody goes to first - and then if you are a bad hostess or you aren't very liked, the rest goes down to the other parties. It's loss of status for the hostess.
This section is a bit of a puzzler! I would suggest that "the woman" represents you in these narratives, but there is a distancing so that you can see yourself more clearly. It seems that there is some competition felt, and some inadequacy. But yet, maybe it is better its way, that you are not so "successful" in this alien society, and that your house is small and unpretentious.

Kahlie said:
The woman is trying to get stuff out of her mouth. It's dry, very dry, and looks brownish. She does this continously, but seems to make very little progress.
Her Alien lover keeps telling her that she needs to eat nuts and raisins and that it will solve the problem. Eventually she tries it, the stuff automatically gets more wet and is easy to get out.
A doctor that gets into the house whispers to the other woman: "She must feel so bad now since this is what he told her all along". While the woman thinks that the doctor must be in love with the woman too - especially since he's smiling so broadly.

While I recognise some of the imagery in this dream it's odd. Aliens again?! I do realise how societies need to be changed. I'm unaware that I should be eating something differently or that something is unsaid. Since it's unclear how the woman got to the condition it seems very unclearw to me how it relates to me!
I would think of this dry brown crud as being the inappropriate nurture that we consume in our society - such as most of television and the other media. It is sterile and windblown soil, incapable of sustaining life, like the abused earth of North America in the drought of the Great Depression. The dry air of materialist objectivity has ripped the very soil from its rooted base, so that instead of being the substrate of life, it has become a suffocating and irrelevant death.

This inadequate nurture suppresses rather than supports the outpouring of the treasure of our own creativity. It is not enough merely to try to remove the creative blockages caused by this crud, but new and more meaninful nurture must be found to replace it. The lesson can be a difficult one to learn, but the inner doctor - the wise old man seen in a recent dream - treats her with compassion.

Sophie-David

A Visit from Uncle Edward

Kahlie said:
Alright this dream saga is continuing.

Dream 3: Victorian Age
This time a young woman is laying in bed in her room. She sees a carriage come down and knows it's her Uncle Edward that she never saw before. She's scared a bit, because she heard some stories and it feels like he's looking straight through her.
Victoria means "feminine victory", and the Victorian Age marked the beginning of the feminist movement that have shifted our society in the direction of human equality. This period was emanacipatory in many ways, bringing public health care, sanitation, the end of legalized slavery (this is debatable!), travel opportunities, art and literacy to the masses. There were of course many costs associated with these radical changes.

Victoria was an outspoken and powerful queen, but her relationship with Albert was one of love and respect, with a fair degree of parity considering the times. It is interesting that "Uncle Edward" appears in this context, who could be seen as representing their son, the later King Edward, and the transition into the contemporary age marked by the Edwardian period. In his role of monitoring and bringing special nurture such as Goethe to the young woman, again I see the character of Jung's "Wise Old Man".

Kahlie said:
She knows for some reason that he's going to ask her to move to another room and why they put her in that one. The women are also there and related to her.
The inner guide is calling for a shift in consciousness.

Kahlie said:
She goes downstairs to meet him and he's interested in what she wants to do with her vacation. She tells him she mostly wants to read. She's brought some books and they are there on the table. He looks at them in a disdainful way. They are women fluff books. She tells him that has not been what she has been actually reading. But the women told her that he would be mad if she lent his books so she put it upstairs.
He smiles and makes a list with her what she likes. Goethe gets named too.
If I may interject a personal note, James, my own "wise old man", an expression of Chiron in Aquarius, can be at times be quite the task master. He is full of compassionate love, but it is a tough love that sometimes demands that I go my own way, that I take chances, make sacrifices and persist in the face of great obstacles, even those that he is in part responsible for. When I have followed his lead, the journey has been difficult but the rewards have been unsurpassed!

Kahlie said:
Then they go upstairs because she can not remember the name of the book, only that it's about two women and playing in the Victorian Age. While she's looking for the book she sees a lot of Tarot Decks. Mostly they are oversized. Then she sees the Flower Oracle (officially Victorian Flower Oracle), she looks inside the box to see if she left the book there. Instead she sees a Diddle notebook with a few leaves wrapped around the cards. She continous looking.
The quest for new nurture begins!

Kahlie said:
Suddenly her mouth fills up with the brownish stuff and she tries to get it out. Her uncle is visibly shaken and asks her what is happening. She tells him it just 'happened' now and again since she has been here. Suddenly she feels that he has had a love and she has died from this disease. They used to read books to each other.
So this guide would try to save her (you) from a similar future...
Kahlie said:
I'm starting to conscious dream at this time so I'm mentally adding water/milk and raisins to the girls mouth. Most of the brown stuff is liquifying, but before she's cleaned out, I wake up. I thought "Leonard" but can't explain why.
I don't know what your associations with Leonard are. But the root of the word is based in Leo, the lion, another symbol of victory and rulership like Victoria, and of all that is associated with the purifying fire of that assertive and transformative sign of the Zodiac. I also think of Leonard Cohen and Leonard Nimoy, "Mr. Spock", both interpreters of the spirit of our age.

Kahlie said:
Another twist in this ongoing dream metaphore. Again it seems the protagonist is not me. She seems to be able to divine things by unknown means. Unlike the other few times she is not panicking or anxious at all!
From my own experience, I have realized that dreams themselves can be extremely therapeutic and healing, that the fears that are unravelled and disarmed in our sleep no longer control us when awake. That the assertive action that we take while dreaming translates into new boldness and self-sufficiency in waking reality. Thus these serialized or theme related dreams become works of great transformative power.

Kahlie said:
I do not have any of the oversized Tarot Decks she had. I do however have the Victorian Flower Oracle - which I adore - although my Readings with it haven't been very clear. I do have that Diddle notebook, I use them mostly to write responsibilities/lists down. It's the one part of the dream that's really 'odd' compared to the rest of the imagery. As if parts where bleeding in from my life into the dream.

Help! I would like to understand this dream saga...
Perhaps it is time to go back to the Victorian Flower Oracle and do some close work with it. I bought the Victoria Regina Tarot upon recommendation of my dreams, although by then it was OOP and it took several months to find a new copy. I have never regretted its purchase, and it has become the deck associated with Pallas, the integrating force and medium within my psyche - whose work at this time is focused in the bodhrán and riqq.

Sophie-David

The Sacred Grove

October 19, 2006

First I am playing the bodhrán in the mountain air. It is dark and damp, and a full moon has risen above the crags. Then the scene switches to a warm summer's day, and I am playing the riqq in the midst of a grassy field, mingled with buttercups and daisies. Then a voice says, "You have forgotten what is hidden". The scene switches to a deep wood, a sacred grove of seven trees. There is a blue light from above, a fresh spring scent, and deep green moss below. At the foot of each tree there is a frame drum, each one a different sort. There is perfect peace. The dream ends.

This was my only significant dream over the past week, and as my weekly Spirit Guide Tarot draw suggested this was a fallow time during which I could begin to integrate all that I learned in a month of intense dreaming. Also, this gave my last previous dream, of Sophie and I journeying to the bell tower, more impact by not being immediately overshadowed by another "big dream". There have been some subtle indications of a new radicalism in my work within the church, of allowing Sophie to "show herself", so to speak. Perhaps this was most obvious in my offering to do a Reiki treatment during the social time after yesterday's Sunday service, and then doing so in the church itself.

In last Thursday's simple but very visual dream of balance, the bodhrán is seen as both lunar and grounding, the perfect instrument for a wild Capricorn goat. The riqq evokes solar Egyptian energy: appearing light, buoyant and happy, but fundamentally just as powerful. But between the two, in the hidden or esoteric realm, we see their effect on the Solar Plexus, the Chariot symbolized in the seven sacred trees. Here the two energy spectra are integrated in a place of perfect power and peace.

Perhaps eventually I will have a frame drum for each of those trees, and with last week's arrival of The Healing Drum Kit adding to the riqq and bodhrán, I have three already. But I do not see this scene as encouraging me to run out and buy more frame drums, although I can easily think of three more that I would like. However this is likely a true statement of what exists outside of linear time.

So the imagery of the Solar Plexus has progressed in a short time from an empty shell to an underground cavern of half-buried trees, to an open sacred grove in the deep forest. This latest image also recalls Heartland Forest, showing a direct relationship between the two energy centres: a healthy Solar Plexus supporting and energizing the Heart, and the Heart nurturing and guiding the Solar Plexus.

This sacred grove is permeated by the blue light from the upper Chakras, Sophie's familiar yet never fully defined imagery of "the Moon exalted in the Sun". I feel well blessed to live the life that now I lead.

Hmm, in looking for a reference to "the Moon exalted in the Sun" I just came across an extremely significant and moving entry from the same calendar night in October as this dream, exactly two years previous. This is part of my life-changing meditational cycle on the Major Arcana during that period, and I will quote only the opening portion of the entranced journey associated with the Tarot Moon.

Note in particular the echoes of the "stone bridge" meditation that was one of the tools by which we initiated this Study Group (including its meadow, sacred grove and hill), the field of daisies also similar to the current dream, Sophie's very vivid foreshadowing of the succeeding year's journey together into unitive consciousness ("We have touched the divine, but even in our human nature we have expanded..."), several echoes of the recent dream cycle (including the parallel with the previous week's climb to the Bell Tower of the Sky God), and Sophie's prophetic words, "you must make this journey by yourself..."
October 18, 2004 - Meditation #18: The Moon. Music: Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Violin Concerto in D Major, Opus 35 (Itzhak Perlman, Philadelphia Orchestra, Eugene Ormandy). Incense: Night Queen.

It is a beautiful dark night, full of stars, the full moon large between the bare tree branches. I make my way across a placid stream, over a stone arched bridge. I am in a meadow, the night is fresh, warm and inviting. As I walk through the grass, I feel that touch of childhood excitement of being out alone, late under the stars. And there is Sophie, sitting in a hollow of grass, and as I approach I see that wonderful, strange blue glow on the skin again. She is weaving daisies into a chain, and says, "One moment, Beloved, I'm almost done."

"I can wait forever here."

I kneel down beside her, and as she adds the last of the flowers she says, "Do you remember when you used to make chains of daisies?"

"Yes, until I learned that little boys don't do that."

"Maybe you can learn again. I think your Beloved above [Lynn] would enjoy them." And she places a large chain about my neck and gives me a simple kiss. We help each other up, and I notice how young she looks, wearing a simple short black dress, with bare legs and arms, her hair straight and black, simple like a child.

"Sophie, you look so fresh and young tonight."

"Tonight we meet the Goddess. As you are taught to come to your heavenly Father like a child, it is best to come to the Goddess in the same way."

"But Sophie, before we go, please wait a moment." I hold her hands in each of mine, and look into her eyes. "Why do you glow so blue like this?"

"I am exalted in the Sun."

"But what does that mean?"

"I think it means that we have united in a very deep part of the soul, that our union extends to the core of the self. That our union is greatly more than what we each are, the masculine and feminine of your soul. We have touched the divine, but even in our human nature we have expanded. I can't really explain it to you, can I?"

"I know these things don't fit well in words. But what does the blue glow mean?"

"I can't tell you. Its not that I don't want to tell you. When I try to reach down to grasp the meaning for you, it has no substance that I can bring up for you. Perhaps it is something that we will discover together. But please, the Goddess is waiting."

"Then let's meet her now." Hand in hand we climb up the meadow to a low hill. As we are climbing, I am still surprised at how young Sophie seems tonight. From the ridge of the hill we can see the moon more clearly, with no trees to block her.

Following Sophie's lead, I sit down on the grass and look towards the moon. "David, you are going to meet the Goddess Moon in a new way. Please try not to be afraid. I am here beside you, but you must make this journey by yourself. It will be difficult for you, but try to keep your balance and she will give you great mysteries. Now relax and look upon the moon, you are safe with me"...

Kahlie

Well, I thank Sophie-David again for his wonderful interpretations that helped a great deal. I've PM-ed him about several things, and as always his insight overwhelms and uplifts me.

I wasn't going to post this dream because I know full well what it is about - but it was so wonderfully flippy and humourous that I felt maybe I should include it so at least this usually serious topic is now turned flippant due to my humorous subconscious.

Flying WheelChair
I'm walking along the road with a wheelchair beside me. Some old classmates from High School come by and comment that this wheelchair can not be possibly for me. I correct them and say that sometimes I need it.
We walk towards a tram that is standing nearby and I decide to sit in my wheelchair. I have some problems moving it along, trying to find my balance and move the wheels with my arms.
Suddenly a man in a open vehicle like a bumpercart at the fair speeds towards me. Due to his high speed he scoops me up so I am suddenly on top of him, and this vehicle just goes through the air. In the end, we crash on the top of a Minaret of a Mosque, and some laundry of the muaddhin is in my face. I'm upset that I seem to be crushing the poor man under me - but I can no longer feel him.

Although the imagery and the flight were very funny - it's a deeply meaningful dream with loads of humor. I have been doing releasing work on limiting myself by negative beliefs and refusing to excel because of social pressure. So the WheelChair is a deeply meaningful imagery based on these limitations that are self-limiting.
The man is most certainly a Guide although I did not recognise him per se. He seems to indicate that even though I might still try to 'get away' with things, I am going up! Whether I like it or not!
The Mosque is from a story I read recently, about a muaddhin who finds a beautiful robe that falls down from the Heavens. He assumes it's from God and is thankful. However, it's actually from a young man who has been up to a palace in the air where a young woman is held captive by her father (authority - Emperor figure). Through many means eventually they get together.

Kahlie

Milfoil

Sophie-David said:
October 19, 2006

First I am playing the bodhrán in the mountain air. It is dark and damp, and a full moon has risen above the crags. Then the scene switches to a warm summer's day, and I am playing the riqq in the midst of a grassy field, mingled with buttercups and daisies. Then a voice says, "You have forgotten what is hidden". The scene switches to a deep wood, a sacred grove of seven trees. There is a blue light from above, a fresh spring scent, and deep green moss below. At the foot of each tree there is a frame drum, each one a different sort. There is perfect peace. The dream ends.

In last Thursday's simple but very visual dream of balance, the bodhrán is seen as both lunar and grounding, the perfect instrument for a wild Capricorn goat. The riqq evokes solar Egyptian energy: appearing light, buoyant and happy, but fundamentally just as powerful. But between the two, in the hidden or esoteric realm, we see their effect on the Solar Plexus, the Chariot symbolized in the seven sacred trees. Here the two energy spectra are integrated in a place of perfect power and peace.

Forgive my ignorance but I don't understand the reference between the the Chariot and a sacred grove of 7 trees.

Sophie-David

Question on the Chariot

Milfoil said:
Forgive my ignorance but I don't understand the reference between the the Chariot and a sacred grove of 7 trees.
Hi Milfoil

You really had me going there! :D Did egoic interference assign the wrong Major to the number seven? But the Chariot is indeed #7 in the sequence of Majors. I do find there is usually a correspondence between the number of things in a dream and the associated Major. After all, why were there exactly seven trees - the dream could have indicated any number of trees, so I assume there must be a significance in the number seven.

If there were an indeterminate number of trees - a number that was too high to count, that was indistinct or that I didn't notice - then clearly the dream director was not trying to convey a numerical association. But in this case the image is crystal clear even now, a circle of seven tall and stately trees, each with a frame drum propped against the trunk. Mind you, I couldn't tell you want type of trees they were, because the foliage was high overhead and not well defined.

Now, it could be suggested that this image reflected the Seven of Wands rather than the Chariot. Perhaps the meaning of that card is not all that different from the Chariot in this case. However, with the associated feelings of "perfect power and peace", and of the grove being "hidden" or esoteric, I think we are looking at a high archetype, the word "perfect" indicating something outside of or underlying normal experience.

There may also be a more fundamental truth to this dream that involves the law of thirds. If we assume that the mountain bodhrán scene on the left refers to the Root, and the meadow riqq scene on the right refers to the Sacral, the resolution of this particular duality would lie in the Solar Plexus. A true resolution is not a melding of the two, but the third that transcends both.

Thank you for the question Milfoil, I think I needed that extra clarity myself! :)

Deep blessings - David

Sophie-David

Chariots of Fire

Milfoil said:
Oh, I think I may have missed the intent of your question completely! I had an unpublished set of dreams during this cycle describing how the chakras relate to the first octave of the Major Arcana. Because this has a bearing on a project I am involved in with a creative partner I have not shared these assignments publically.

However, it is probably no great stretch to see how the Chariot relates to the Solar Plexus, when you think of how the chariots of myths are often chariots of fire and chariots of the sun, just as the Solar Plexus is the container of one's inner sun, operating within the elemental domain of fire. Like the Sun in natal astrology, and the Solar Plexus chakra, the Chariot too is about the balanced and effective use of one's egoic will. There are equally strong arguments linking the chariot to Mars, but again we end up with images of fire, this time with the egoic identity expressed in the right to take action, but still in harmony with the attributes of the Solar Plexus.

Then in a more general sense, we see that the suit of Wands - that I would ascribe to fire - is reflected in the dream imagery of trees, particularly bare trunks. And so it was that not too long ago I posted a dream of my previously empty and sterile shell of a Solar Plexus as then imaged as a cavern of trees, with fine woods arrayed around among them - so the previously void Solar Plexus was filling up with symbols from the suit of fire.

Sophie-David

Kahlie said:
I wasn't going to post this dream because I know full well what it is about - but it was so wonderfully flippy and humourous that I felt maybe I should include it so at least this usually serious topic is now turned flippant due to my humorous subconscious.
I have found it interesting how so often this inner humour is taken at the ego's expense! :)

Sophie-David

The Great Lakes

October 24, 2006

Lynn and I are returning home from Port Alberni in our red Subaru, driving a rather dangerous dirt logging road, with many twists, ups and downs, and sudden obstructions. But in some way I am at one with the road, and no matter what occurs I have full and effortless control of the vehicle. As we drive this road there is a wide lake beside us on the left, and eventually we come to a junction - and on the other side of the junction is the sea. We decide to turn left at the junction, but instead of going home we elect to return to Port Alberni along the road on the far side of the lake, a drive we have never taken before. But when the decision point comes, I decide to take the next turnoff to the left immediately beyond the lake road.

As we drive this new road, we see several short connectors going off to the left that would connect back to the lake road, but we decide to continue our explorations along this parallel avenue. Soon we find ourselves following the tractor portion of a logging truck - meaning the cab with engine and driver, not including the trailer for carrying logs. There are two beautiful rushing rivers of white water on either side of the road, and the sun gleams on their cool purity. Beyond the rivers on either side there is dense forest, and no signs of logging at all. In fact the only logged areas are the roads themselves. Now that we are travelling between the two rivers, the cutoff roads to the lakeshore no longer appear.

We continue on to see immense waterfalls on either side of us, the source of these two wild rivers. We have entered a majestic valley now, quite separate from the one containing the lakeshore road. The waterfalls appear at first sight to join together right across the road, but in fact there is a rock cliff between the two of them, and the road goes right to its base. At this point we see that the cliff contains a large rollup garage door, and the logging tractor tries to ascend this door with raw power, trying to somehow roll the door up so that it is carried to the top. This looks both dangerous and futile.

But we see that under the partly raised door there is a tunnel, and we proceed within. Quite soon we emerge again, somewhat further upstream, but quite a bit lower. We are on a central spine of rock, at the head of a second set of falls. On either side now, between each of these sets of falls, each of the twin rivers has formed a wide lake. The view is breathtakingly gorgeous and the sound of the rushing waters is overwhelming. The spray from the falls has formed calcified and crystallized rock, which sparkles against the granite base. The sun is shining full against the waters, the sky deep infinite blue, and the treed mountains stand majestic and sacred on either of the far lakeshores.

We look back along the central spine, along the ridge road, and see that we could drive back to the first falls if we wanted to and see what we missed. But we have no desire to do so, content to rest for awhile before we move on. We know that there will be a safe way through to the last of the falls, further down stream. I have a feeling it will be by way of a downward spiral in the rock. The dream ends.

Yes, in contrast to several of my dreams lately, this is a very detailed narrative. The imagery was extremely sharp, and astonishingly beautiful. When I asked for an interpretation upon waking, I heard that this was a dream of celebration - of looking back on where we had come while preparing to move forward, much as I had discovered yesterday evening that last week's dream was linked to the meditation of the Moon of two years previously, and was deeply moved by this parallelism.

Two main points emerge from this dream. When Lynn and I were recently in Vancouver, I found out quite a bit more about the problems with my ego. On the one hand I would have been quite willing to get up in front of a thousand people to play the drum at the Deva Premal and Miten concert. But on the other hand I seemed unable to trust my instincts and act on them effectively when driving around Vancouver. But in this dream there is a perfect balance between perception and action, so that no matter where the road may take us, the response is inherent and effective. Dreaming in this way is the first step towards bringing change into waking reality.

Secondly, the power of those two rushing rivers and the deep lakes behind them was immense. This speaks to me of the duality of the Sacral Chakra, whose element is water. Equally powerful was the road and then the rocky spine between them, holding them in perfect balance, suggesting a firm and inviolate Root. Particularly interesting was the interplay between these elements, shown in the snowy white calcification and the crystals, bringing life to the rock, bringing form to the water. In looking back on our safe navigation through these immense elemental energies, we could see and feel that they were in a sense ours, that this was the result of integration at the Sacral level, such as we experienced at the Deva and Miten concert. No matter what challenges may lie ahead in the higher chakras, we had become masters of these two, a truly awesome power base.

I would again ascribe this success to the relentless drum work of the last four months, that in particular expresses the dynamic dialogue between earth and water, Root and Sacral, that is continuous in its beat. Additionally, there has been the continuous discipline of the floor crunches over the same period, directly energizing the muscles associated with the Sacral Chakra.

You have may have noticed an apparent illogicality in the dream, that we passed the first falls through the tunnel, arriving at a lower point on the spine of rock, but yet at the head of the second falls, flowing in the other direction. However, this makes perfect sense if you think of the twin lakes as the source of the waters, and that the rivers flow in opposite directions from this source. This is a fairly rare but by no means impossible condition of nature - I know this from my avid fascination for maps. The spine of rock itself was lower where we rested because it was closer to the surface of the lakes at that end. The falls themselves would of course have to be at the same elevation at each end of the lake. What all this adds up to is that the dream put us right in the midst of the Sacral Chakra, from where the energy paths flow in both directions up and down the rainbow bridge.

After the first dream of the Solar Plexus as an empty shell in need of a match set to it, I was curious how my Sacral might be pictured. I had seen Heartland Forest and the upper Chakras before, the Root also, but never this particular Chakra. Again it is clear that my work needs to continue its focus on the Solar Plexus and the Heart, and progress is being made on both of these. The lower two are doing just fine.