Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Three

Milfoil

David, thats very kind of you to come back to this one. :)

How are you feeling now? Any better?

I had wondered about the children and the big cat. In the first dream I was sat atop of a high wall (of a derelict building) a sort of detachment from the world. I needed to come down to earth and face many things.

In this one I am among the children, I see and recognise the need for healing both for oneself and others. The feline hunter boat could be both the guide and the vehicle of travel to the otherworld, the recepticle for the lost soul fragment and the sacred companion/tool just like a drum (constructed in a similar manner).

This time I am in a bed, still off the ground and a suggestion of either resting when I should be working (it was daytime) or that I still need to get out of my comfort zone even if it is closer to the ground now.

Thankyou for your insights again David.

Sophie-David

The Invisible Lovers

November 26, 2006

I have the ability to be invisible or not, and during the course of the dream change several times. Sophie herself is invisible continuously, and it appears she must be this way to protect herself. Some men try to cast a beam directly on her that would break through her cloaking, but I intervene, standing between them and her, and they are unsuccessful. The dream ends.

This was a rather vague dream, as perhaps is to be expected when the subject is invisibility. While writing to a friend on Saturday, I considered the last significant dream I had, of avoiding through fear the descent of the alien and lunar path, the way back from the Crown through the Inner Eye.

I have yet to travel this middle path, charted for me by Sophie, and distractions continue. Gradually I am gaining focus and making some progress, but it is slow. Tiredness and detachment remain, at the expense of presence. This disconnect manifest in a minor accident with the archetypal red Subaru in the snow on Saturday, when as I was backing up our driveway, I slid the front end around onto an embedded rock, so that I tore off the left front mudflap and destroyed the tire.

Somewhat shaken by this event, I was wondering why Sophie had remained invisible since shortly after the Reiki III initiation, but yet her presence was stronger than ever, experienced through powerful intuitions and remarkable synchronicities. This recalls another dream of over two years ago, in which I was racing in a red sports car, with her following behind in another vehicle, and I had an accident. Sophie's advice at that time was to have her always beside me, to keep me on the road. In fact she has remained in that place, but lately I have felt her presence to be somewhat intimidating in itself. And when I had last seen her visible during the course of the Reiki weekend, in her new colours of purple rather than blue, her presence was dazzling and awe inspiring - and a little too much for the ego to accept.

This dream explores her and my presence at the Inner Eye in further depth, and attempts to answer my question about her invisibility. The dream is all about vision, and it would seem the dream ego is able to operate in both the invisible and visible worlds - the esoteric and the exoteric - during the course of the story. But I have the feeling that the transfer between the two is rather uncontrolled and sporadic, rather than smooth and appropriate. This reflects on my sense of detachment, although with periods of great lucidity.

The men who would expose Sophie in the dream are the conservatives who would try to push back the clock, returning to an older Sophie of more predictable manifestation - one perhaps more easily controlled. To the dream ego's credit he intervenes, recognizing that her present invisibility is a necessary part of the process. In any event, the revelation of her full glory would be as threatening to him as it is to her.

Milfoil

Sophie-David said:
November 26, 2006

I have the ability to be invisible or not, and during the course of the dream change several times. Sophie herself is invisible continuously, and it appears she must be this way to protect herself. Some men try to cast a beam directly on her that would break through her cloaking, but I intervene, standing between them and her, and they are unsuccessful. The dream ends.

The first thing that struck me here is your ability to step in and out of visibility, a choice to be or not to be so to speak. As you say
it would seem the dream ego is able to operate in both the invisible and visible worlds - the esoteric and the exoteric - during the course of the story. But I have the feeling that the transfer between the two is rather uncontrolled and sporadic, rather than smooth and appropriate.
Though it seems uncontrolled right now, it is a start.

Sophie-David said:
This was a rather vague dream, as perhaps is to be expected when the subject is invisibility. While writing to a friend on Saturday, I considered the last significant dream I had, of avoiding through fear the descent of the alien and lunar path, the way back from the Crown through the Inner Eye.

I have yet to travel this middle path, charted for me by Sophie, and distractions continue. Gradually I am gaining focus and making some progress, but it is slow. Tiredness and detachment remain, at the expense of presence. This disconnect manifest in a minor accident with the archetypal red Subaru in the snow on Saturday, when as I was backing up our driveway, I slid the front end around onto an embedded rock, so that I tore off the left front mudflap and destroyed the tire.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a bump, it happens, try not to let it bother you too much.

I hear what you are saying about continued distractions and weariness. Its as though life gets in the way sometimes isn't it? I find myself trying so hard to fit things in around 'life' such as contemplating or mulling over a dream on the way to work because I don't have any other time. Meditation is interupted by the phone or the door bell etc - why now, why am I being prevented from doing this? Its so frustrating.

I have been told that its all part of the plan, sometimes we have these distractions put in our path to slow us down whilst things behind the scenes have time to take root.

Sophie David said:
Somewhat shaken by this event, I was wondering why Sophie had remained invisible since shortly after the Reiki III initiation, but yet her presence was stronger than ever, experienced through powerful intuitions and remarkable synchronicities. This recalls another dream of over two years ago, in which I was racing in a red sports car, with her following behind in another vehicle, and I had an accident. Sophie's advice at that time was to have her always beside me, to keep me on the road. In fact she has remained in that place, but lately I have felt her presence to be somewhat intimidating in itself. And when I had last seen her visible during the course of the Reiki weekend, in her new colours of purple rather than blue, her presence was dazzling and awe inspiring - and a little too much for the ego to accept.

This dream explores her and my presence at the Inner Eye in further depth, and attempts to answer my question about her invisibility. The dream is all about vision, and it would seem the dream ego is able to operate in both the invisible and visible worlds - the esoteric and the exoteric - during the course of the story. But I have the feeling that the transfer between the two is rather uncontrolled and sporadic, rather than smooth and appropriate. This reflects on my sense of detachment, although with periods of great lucidity.

The men who would expose Sophie in the dream are the conservatives who would try to push back the clock, returning to an older Sophie of more predictable manifestation - one perhaps more easily controlled. To the dream ego's credit he intervenes, recognizing that her present invisibility is a necessary part of the process. In any event, the revelation of her full glory would be as threatening to him as it is to her.

I don't know why Sophie is invisible, I'm sorry I can't shed any light on this but the changing of colour from blue to purple certainly suggests a moving up of energy through the chakras from throat to 3rd eye.

Certainly a very interesting dream David.

Sophie-David

Progress is Made

Milfoil said:
David, thats very kind of you to come back to this one. :)

How are you feeling now? Any better?
Up until this morning the fatigue and disconnection have continued, although with gradually more periods of creative productivity.

I have tried to remain as open as possible to spiritual guidance, and to be willing to act on it. So earlier this week, November 27, I received the conch horn I ordered. My love affair with the conch started as a child when my family bought one while we were living in southern California. Like many children, I had blown my lungs out trying to get a sound from it, not realizing that the small end of the shell must be cut off to form a mouthpiece.

The conch is used in many non-European cultures as a sacred instrument, and is listed as one of the "eight auspicious symbols" of Tibetan Buddhism. I hear it played on an authentic Aztec drumming track from The Healing Drum Kit, and it has a most enrapturing sound. The conch is of course yet another natural incarnation of the spiral, one of the earliest known symbols found in human prehistoric art, reflective of the pattern of life, death and rebirth, and later stylized as the labyrinth of esoteric cathedral art. The spiral is the womb of continuous transformation, reflected in countless natural phenomena such as the flow of water, DNA, the forms of galaxies and winds, and Reiki.

I had been dithering about getting a conch when out of the blue my pastor asked if I could play a heraldic horn to introduce "Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord" from Godspell for our Christmas recital. So my challenge is to learn this instrument well enough to play three notes for the third weekend in December!

Last night I persisted for over an hour in a bitter and completely soaking freezing rain to clear my driveway again, and with the help of some Reiki from Lynn was able to back up it to safety in the carport on the second attempt. Nonetheless, I practiced by bodhrán again just before bed, and was rewarded by a wonderfully healing dream that I will document below. For the first time in a couple of weeks I woke up feeling whole and alive.

Milfoil said:
I had wondered about the children and the big cat. In the first dream I was sat atop of a high wall (of a derelict building) a sort of detachment from the world. I needed to come down to earth and face many things.

In this one I am among the children, I see and recognise the need for healing both for oneself and others. The feline hunter boat could be both the guide and the vehicle of travel to the otherworld, the recepticle for the lost soul fragment and the sacred companion/tool just like a drum (constructed in a similar manner).
Yes, I think that is an important point, Millie, that there has been a progression of involvement and intimacy with your own instinctual nature. Of course when you compared a coracle to a sacred drum my "ears perked up"! ;)

Milfoil said:
This time I am in a bed, still off the ground and a suggestion of either resting when I should be working (it was daytime) or that I still need to get out of my comfort zone even if it is closer to the ground now.
Yes, well put, don't we all!

Sophie-David

The Role of Distractions

Milfoil said:
I hear what you are saying about continued distractions and weariness. Its as though life gets in the way sometimes isn't it? I find myself trying so hard to fit things in around 'life' such as contemplating or mulling over a dream on the way to work because I don't have any other time. Meditation is interupted by the phone or the door bell etc - why now, why am I being prevented from doing this? Its so frustrating.
Contemplating your dreams on the way to work is a great idea. As it is for many people, the early morning, not long awake from dreamtime, is likely a period of great creativity for you. It is unfortunate that like myself and most others, the majority of this initial energy and inspiration is typically wasted on one's job!

Milfoil said:
I have been told that its all part of the plan, sometimes we have these distractions put in our path to slow us down whilst things behind the scenes have time to take root.
Yes, I'm afraid so!

Milfoil said:
I don't know why Sophie is invisible, I'm sorry I can't shed any light on this but the changing of colour from blue to purple certainly suggests a moving up of energy through the chakras from throat to 3rd eye.

Certainly a very interesting dream David.
Yes, there is certainly that progression from Throat to Third Eye, which I take as related to her climb to the Crown described in the dream of the Roman Tower, and of drumming on the roof, culminating in the Reiki III weekend. Last night's dream refers again to the theme of her invisibility.

Sophie-David

The Survivors

November 30, 2006:

I am watching a Survivor episode, located on the typical sandy beach, but the beach is backed by a temperate rainforest rather than a tropical one. There are the required heroes and anti-heroes, and the typically contrived social situations of the Survivor series. As in the later shows, the people are mixed together in unpredictable ways. But unlike the television series, people are chosen to move between different groups by the draw of Tarot cards.

The Sophie card is a special one, for this causes a transformation, transmutation, or transubstatiation when this card is drawn. And the card itself is drawn in a unique way, so that is passes through the card shoe that contains the cards in a way that defies the laws of physics. When Sophie is on a particular team, the nourishment provided to the team is unusually good, so everyone wants to draw her card. But I never actually see Sophie during the dream, she remains an unseen presence.

Then the scene switches somewhat, to the city that is just beyond the forest. The Survivors walk down an urban street and come to a sign that says, "Trial Island". It is the site of an historic lightstation, but only at high tide is the island separated from the city. At this point I realize that this Survivor series must be set in Victoria, British Columbia. While not a tropical location, it is in any event foreign to the American participants and audience, and so it qualifies.

I find that I am actually in Victoria with the contestants, and at this point I enter the scene with them. They are studying the Historic Landmark sign and then decide to spend $5 each to enter the exhibit. I follow them on their tour and start chatting with the Survivors.

We come to the light tower itself, and I find that I have fallen in with a very attractive woman with an exotic appearance and a foreign accent. There is an obvious chemistry between us, as if we have known each other in many other times and places. I recognize this light tower as one I have climbed in previous dreams, and tell her a bit about it. The Survivors do not actually climb all the way to the light as I have done, since it requires leaping between outcroppings in the concrete.

It crosses my mind that I may be chased off the set, but I am determined to enjoy my time there. But perhaps they will appreciate the unpredictable inclusion of local colour.

Then we climb to another part of the museum and sit down for dinner. At this point there is a flashback of some sort, and I find that I am walking in the grounds of the University of British Columbia, marvelling at the new buildings and the sense of peace there. I know that all these things are part of the same story. I then return to the dinner in my consciousness and continue to talk with my new friend. There is a feeling of great wholeness that lasts beyond the moment of waking.

Today has been a very full and creative day. It is now late and I will need to analyse this dream tomorrow.

Sophie-David

Of Ships and Sails and Sealing Wax, of Conch Shells and Kings...

First I must say I wasn't entirely sure as to why I brought up the subject of the conch horn yesterday. In fact I am not entirely sure why I am learning it at all, for it would seem to be a distraction from drumming and singing. The reasons I have are as follows:

1) There is an emotional and perhaps spiritual attachment to the conch horn that traces back to childhood.

2) It has a very powerful archetypal and universal form that reflects on the nature of the universe itself.

3) Therefore it can be considered an instrument of the highest spiritual power.

4) I seem to have been guided towards the conch horn by both synchronicity and desire.

5) The breath and lip control required are also applicable to my vocal practice.

6) It will be of use in our Christmas concert.

Of these reasons, I would consider #4 to be the pivotal one.

The conch horn requires a brass player's embouchure, something that I do not have. In high school band, over thirty years ago, we had a very progressive teacher who in grade 12 encouraged students to take up many different instruments to round out their musical training. I was a clarinetist at the time, but I did briefly try the trumpet.

All that said, I had a breakthrough in playing the beast last night. Suddenly I was able to produce a variety of loud or soft, brassy or sweet sounds, over the course of a twenty minute practice. There is still a lack of control, and initial wavering when I put the instrument to my lips, but I can see that with another week of practice I will be ready to play for next week's choir rehearsal. (Well at least part of me sees that, but another part of me suggests that I'm completely crazy!)

All this leads to me to ponder that there may be a seventh reason that is currently hidden from me, but which may completely outweigh all the others.

BTW, since my purchase, I have found that Legendary Shells is the definitive supplier of conch shells. If I were ever in the market for another one - ahem - this is undoubtedly where I would go!

Milfoil

Strange dream which felt like a lesson. First I find myself trying to find my way out of a car park then I come up to a group of women who are sitting on the side of the road. One woman is playing with a small table tennis ball but it seems to be getting away from her yet she is clearly disabled and unable to walk or get up to reach the ball. I pick it up and give it back to her. She says nothing but throws the ball out in front of her, further than she can reach by a long way. As I go to retrieve it for her again, the woman sitting opposite her stops me and another woman at the far end of the group smiles at me and holds up her hand showing two fingers in a 'V' victory sign. Then the disabled woman who does not speak, extends the palm of her hand out and the tennis ball rises into the air and floats back to her.

I don't know what to make of this dream. It seems to suggest that after a period of being stuck (parked) I am getting back on track but what does the disabled woman with the power to move objects with her mind mean?

I woke up feeling elated yet couldn't figure out why! I'm stumped.

Sophie-David

Energy, Change, Love and Form: The Four Coins

December 1, 2006:

In the first remembered dream I see a faceless coin lying between two other coins. This middle coin is darker than its companions and I am told that it is the Coin of Transformation. I wake.

In the second dream I see a bright shiny coin lying between two other coins. This middle coin is the Coin of Creation. I wake into trance.

In trance I ask about these two dreams. The first one is about Sophie. The coin on the left is Energy, on the right is Form. Sophie lies in the middle, and has the power of metaphor, to covert something from one thing into another. This is Transformation, and her name is Change.

In the second dream the coins on either side remain the same. This time the middle coin has the power of simile, to compare one thing to another. This is Art, and her name is Creative Love. She is called by many other names: one of them is Eirian. I return to sleep.

The first of this dream pair helps clarify yesterday's dream, in which Sophie was described as an agent of "transformation, transmutation, and transubstantiation" with the virtue of providing superior nourishment to the Survivors, those who endure on their chosen life path. Even in the course of the dream these seemed very weighty words. The Canadian Oxford Dictionary defines transformation as the act of making a "thorough or dramatic change in form". Transmutation bears a similar meaning, but has a specific alchemical context. Transubstantiation refers to priestly magic, whereby the bread and wine of Eucharist are converted into the actual body and blood of Christ.

As a creature of the Third Eye, Sophie is representative of the power of archetypal vision, and her name literally means Wisdom. Some would suggest that Sophia was the Spirit of God who "hovered over the waters", the catalyst of primal creation. The imagery of archetypal identity is the first step in the journey from the unlimited but diffuse potential of Crown consiousness downwards towards manifestation. It is at this point that the One is first conceived as the Many.

In its normal workings, the Inner Eye works in tandem with the Sacral chakra, and thus we perceive duality through the senses. But when this chakral centre is approached from above, perception has not yet manifest into form. Thus Form here is represented only by an ideal or model, as archetypes without a bodily presence.

In the upper domains of the Inner Eye, even vision itself is a pre-dualist concept, and in this rarified state even Sophie cannot have a visible presence. Nonetheless, the descent of Crown consciousness into the Inner Eye provides the dualistic creature with a nurture that closely approaches perfection. This is the true manna or bread of heaven, the Soma of the East. Here is the purest intuition that we may experience while operating within dualism, lacking even the distracting cloaking of image.

Like the first dream, the second dream deals with media of exchange, the coins whereby dualistic work is assigned a symbolic value. An alternate visioning of the suite of Pentacles, coins are the one of the most prosaic results of Energy manifesting as Form. In this case we are at the level of the Heart Chakra, where we integrate through relationship, and where dualist and unitive consciousness may come to resolution.

I recall that even Eirian's name means "bright" or "shiny one" in the Welsh language, just as this middle coin is bright and shiny. Through analogy, Art finds relational meaning within diversity: Creative Love brings spirit into manifestation; Form finds ultimate meaning through its soulful inclination towards passionate transcendence. Here indeed is the very Empress of my Heart, where Sophie's vision is drawn by Eirian's undeniable passion into physical reality.

So these two triads of coins can be seen as overlapping and coexisting. Without the synergies of both Change and Love, Form cannot approach its divine potential, and neither can Energy assume a dualistic presence. Perception shows where you may go; passion motivates the journey.

Sophie-David

The Woman with Psychokinesis

Milfoil said:
Strange dream which felt like a lesson. First I find myself trying to find my way out of a car park then I come up to a group of women who are sitting on the side of the road. One woman is playing with a small table tennis ball but it seems to be getting away from her yet she is clearly disabled and unable to walk or get up to reach the ball. I pick it up and give it back to her. She says nothing but throws the ball out in front of her, further than she can reach by a long way. As I go to retrieve it for her again, the woman sitting opposite her stops me and another woman at the far end of the group smiles at me and holds up her hand showing two fingers in a 'V' victory sign. Then the disabled woman who does not speak, extends the palm of her hand out and the tennis ball rises into the air and floats back to her.

I don't know what to make of this dream. It seems to suggest that after a period of being stuck (parked) I am getting back on track but what does the disabled woman with the power to move objects with her mind mean?

I woke up feeling elated yet couldn't figure out why! I'm stumped.
Lately I have had a few dreams that have resulted in me feeling a great sense of wholeness when I woke, but with no clear intellectual understanding as to why. It seems to me that there has been a healing at an unconscious level that the egoic mind is presently unable to understand or process. Perhaps this was a similar case with your dream.

The so-called disabled woman in the dream has abilities which enable her on a psychic level, perhaps suggesting activity at the Third Eye. I am reminded of Anakin Skywalker showing off to Padme when he levitated an apple to pass it to her. The dream had a similar theatrical effect, intended as a demonstration and lesson. Things were not as they appeared; the woman was more empowered than the onlookers.

This showing off can be used for good or ill. It is sometimes necessary to demonstrate mastery if only so the audience will take notice, so that they will engage with the teacher. But the message itself must be weighed and judged according to its content and projected consequences.

I recently experienced something of this sort at the Reiki Medicine Wheel retreat. I had been asked to assist with drumming for the weekend. At one point on the last day the group seemed to have waned in energy. Without really deciding to do so, i.e. acting instinctually, I played an extended bodhrán solo using the reel rhythm which could have been considered "showing off". However this performance did have the effect of raising the group's energy. But more essentially this event established a benchmark of competancy from which the group could assume a level of confidence and trust. This contributed to a universal acceptance of drumming as a mode of Reiki delivery later, when the teacher laid hands on and I drummed for each participant in turn.

This dream may also have a similar function, of allowing this inner and/or outer entity to demonstrate a level of spiritual power from which further teaching and healing will proceed. Has there been any followups since this dream occurred?