Power Tarot

coyoteblack

Hello All
I have read Power Tarot by Trish macGregor and phyllis vega it has over 100 speads. many are real nice some are just fillers I think. But over al a very nice book.
I am curious if anyone else has read the book? there are some spreads that would be real nice with some examples and some that are not clear.
If anyone else has read tis book please post your fravorite spread here so maybe I can get into a discussion and a better understanding of them.
I am very new and trying to learn but it is kind of not easy. my fravorite spread so far is the 4 wind spread based in the inca medicine wheel.

3(north) what you need to know
2(west)what you must comfront 4(east) what you attain
1(south) what you need to leave behind/release

DarkElectric

Hi coyote :)
I have this book too, and use the spreads a lot. However, I change the positios of the cards many times, to suit my own personal ideas about energy flow, and direction, things like that. I always change something to suit me, because I find that it works out better when I do. I highly recommend such course of action when faced with a spread which I find confusing. But one spread which I've used consistantly, without changes is the "Baseball Diamond Spread" which is found on pg 204.

1 - Home Plate: The beginning of the venture, project, situation.
2 - Pitcher's Mound: What's coming at you, an event or person connected to something entering your life.
3 - First Base: Step one, first phase of the new situation, where it's headed.
4 - Second Base: Step two, the next phase.
5 -Third Base: Step three, final phase.
6 - Home Plate: The result. The resolution, or outcome, of the new situation.

I really like this one, because it shows the development of the energies in place at the time, and gives insight as to how a situation might evolve.

coyoteblack

that was a spread i passed over because of its name . I went back and looked it over after you mentioned it and it does seem like a good spread

there is a charakara, astrology, tree of life spread that look real nicve to meditate to but is just way beyond me.

Phantom Goddess

I really enjoy this book. I always have it on hand when I go to do readings. I have found the spreads to be wonderful and the meanings of the cards to be dead on most of the time.

coyoteblack

phantom goddess

do you have any fravorite spreads? if so what are they so i can go over them .
I have a hardtime with celtic cross and am trying real hard to get a few spreads tha seem to work

Andy Kim

yes, the most interesting part of this book is not "the spreads", but the practical interpretations of each cards.

it's very useful in one card reading. many books deal with and delve into the "deep meaning" of cards, but users can be still wondering "what it means in practical reading?"

You ask, "what will be my financial circumstance this week" and draw a card. it's 5 of swords (Waite-Smith deck). It shows just 3 people. what it means? "Power Tarot" gives the andwer. The authors don't explain why the card is interpreted such a way, but it's quite simple and seems relevent.

Phantom Goddess

coyoteblack said:
phantom goddess

do you have any fravorite spreads? if so what are they so i can go over them .
I have a hardtime with celtic cross and am trying real hard to get a few spreads tha seem to work

I don't have a favorite spread, I just choose a spread that works with the problem in mind. That's one of the great things about this book. There are so many spreads to choose from. I've never had any problem getting the spreads to work.

tarotbear

I have enjoyed this book for a long, long time and even use one of the spreads in my classes - the Wheel spread on page 203. It talks about the influences going through your life. My students liked it because it gives you a fair amount of information without getting too involved for a beginner the way the Celtic Cross can - only needs five cards. It's a terriffic book!

coyoteblack

thanks tarotbear

that wheel spread looks real good and if you teach it in class then it must be ok.

i am not really understanding the last part . what does synthesis mean for this?

tarotbear

coyoteblack said:
I am not really understanding the last part. What does synthesis mean for this?

Yes - the Synthesis card is sometimes the hardest to interpret. It goes beyond merely being 'the final outcome.' It is the summation or blending of all the other cards. Perhaps I might do best with an example and not mere cerebralizing....

I just asked the cards to 'tell me about the realities of getting the job I just had an interview for' - meaning what the job will be like - not if I am going to get the job.

1) Situation as it stands - 2 Swords - I left a decent job to move out-of-state and try to find a new one at my age. Can we say 'caught between a rock and a hard place?'

2) Waning influences - The Magician - I had a decent job and had the prestige and the smarts to do the job rather well. That's over with!

3) Unknown influence - 6 Wands - looks like a recognition of some sort, probably getting the job (have heard nothing yet - 2 days later). It does speak of confidence and leadership.

4) Emerging influences - Knight Cups- Indicates emotional changes. After all, I moved here to be with my husband but have been here a month unemployed. We have already gotten into daily routines that will change with employment. However, he will be happy that I am working, so there will be fluctuations for both of us. He is also introducing me to a lot of his friends who live in the area so that I will not feel so isolated. If I didn't love him so much I would not have moved.

5) Synthesis - 7 of Wands -looks as though the job will not be as simple as I am hoping or expecting it to be. The glories will probably be short lived (6 wandsd) and the challenges will begin soon enough. The synthesis says the problems will be there and to meet them as they come.