Does anyone have Totally Intuitive Tarot?

Lianne

I found this site when I was doing a search for Tarot courses. The Tarot CD-ROM has really piqued my interest, but it's $99 (plus S&H, I'm sure) and the guarantee isn't money-back, just that the creator of the CD will work with you if you aren't satisfied. That's a lot of money, so I was wondering if anyone here has used it and what your opinions are of it? I'm leery of shelling out that much money without knowing more about it first. Thanks!

http://www.healingspirit.com/order_tarotCD.html

Umbrae

I have not used this

So what follows is an opinion.

Some things are too good to be true.

Someday a fellow will approach you with an unopened tarot deck. Sealed in cellophane. He will bet you ten bucks that he can make the fool, jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your eye. Impossible?

Prepare for an eyeful of cider, and the loss of $10.00

I would not spend $99.00 on this CD-Rom.

Keep your money and run the other direction. Heck, you can learn so much on this website for free!

Including increasing your intuitive abilities.

truthsayer

lianne, somewhere in the media section a website is mentioned that will give you a free tarot reading system you can download into your computer. it's been tested by and given seal of approval by lee.

truthsayer

look under the thread titled "tarot software".

Lee

Lianne, after reading that site, I have to say I agree with Umbrae, you're better off saving your money.

This isn't a tarot reading program, by the way; it's a program that teaches you how to read, in other words a whole tarot course, and I think it's the only one like that out there. It does look interesting, but I'm a little skeptical, partly because it seems to have been produced by a single person rather than a group or a school, and that person isn't a well-known tarot author or anything, so you really don't know what you're getting, and you really don't know whether she's trustworthy as far as responding to questions. The feature that you can discuss things on-line with fellow students could be worthless if there aren't any fellow students on-line.

From what she says on her site, it sounds like she's teaching how to read tarot intuitively rather than rely on canned card meanings. This approach isn't as revolutionary as she makes it sound. If you go to a bookstore with a reasonably large tarot section, you'll find all sorts of books with different approaches, including reading intuitively.

I clicked on the "sample" link, and I wasn't particularly impressed. There's lots of cool graphics with the Universal Waite cards flying around on the screen, but the author's material seems aimed at the lowest common denominator.

This program *could* be a good one if, for example, you wanted to take a tarot class but found it inconvenient to actually travel to one. But the problem is that one just can't tell whether it's worthwhile or not; unlike a book, where you can leaf through it and see how it strikes you.

I would feel better about recommending it if it were produced by a well-known tarot author or tarot school. Since it's not, I don't think it's worth the risk.

-- Lee

Lee

Oh, and by the way, welcome to Aeclectic! :)

-- Lee

Lee

Lianne, I've been giving this some more thought.

If you'd like a structured, lesson-like approach to Tarot, here are some recommendations:

Joan Bunning has a book called Learning the Tarot which has lessons and exercises. Or you can take the whole course on-line at the author's website. These don't provide any interaction with a teacher or student, but I believe Ms. Bunning conducts a free on-line course at Barnes and Noble which does provide that.

There's a book called Easy Tarot Guide by Marcia Masino which is also structured with lessons and exercises. It takes more of a predictive, fortune-telling approach, and a lot of people like it.

Tarot for Your Self by Mary Greer is in a workbook style. It doesn't have lessons per se, but there are lots of exercises and suggestions for experimentation. Ms. Greer focuses on allowing the reader to develop their own meanings rather than memorizing written meanings.

If you're interested in the intuitive approach to tarot, try A Magical Course in Tarot, which is a small but really excellent book. There is also Intuitive Tarot by Richard Gordon, Intuitive Tarot by Richard Prosapio, and Heart of Tarot: an Intuitive Approach. I'm not as familiar with these three, but you can read a review of the last one here.

(These are all Aeclectic links to Amazon, so if you happen to buy any of them, a small portion goes to help support Aeclectic).

Personally, if it were me, I would go to Joan Bunning's website and take those lessons (which is free), and then I would buy the "Magical Course in Tarot" book. That would come to a total of about $16.00 including shipping, which compares very favorably with $99 for that software program.

Good luck! :)

-- Lee

Lianne

Thanks, everyone

Thank you everyone for your advice. I have many Tarot books already, including Joan Bunning's, and understand the meanings for the cards, but I often find it difficult to know which meanings apply when doing readings. Part of me does feel that the CD-ROM could very well be a scam; I noticed that its creator also designed the website and she seems to be the only person mentioned on the site. The other part of me is still tempted; I guess what really interests me is the sample interactive quiz where you figure out which card goes with what statement...I would never have thought of those cards indicating those things (" They know you're gay", "He didn't mean what he said" etc). But I'm going to check out the Intuitive links Lee gave and see if those help me along. Thanks very much, everyone, for the good advice and the welcome...I've been lurking here for a long time, and haven't gotten around to posting until now.

Lianne