Finding The Warrior Goddess Within (long)

ArwenNightstar

This spread is part of an article I am writing for Goddess-centered magazine. It is a female-oriented spread. Sorry to the men who may feel left out. :)

I am seeking feedback on this spread so anyone who can do this spread, I would appreciate it. It is a very focused spread on battles we undertake in life.

Finding The Warrior Within

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Andraste~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~Athena~~~~~~~~~~Durga~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~Artemis~~~~~~~~~Brighid~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sekhmet~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lay the cards out one at a time and read them as you lay them. Do not turn them up until you have made the decision to move forward. This is a circle to represent the shield of a warrior.

• Andraste: What will you do for victory in this battle?
  • Durga: What will you bring to this battle?
  • Brighid: What will help you in this battle?
  • Sekhmet: What will be destroyed in this battle?
  • Artemis: What skills will you need?
  • Athena: What will you learn
  • You: Who will you be after the battle is done?

This spread should be laid out one card at a time. The reading can be ended at any moment. What we seek to find in this reading is a way to win a battle. Sacrifices must be made in war. Each card will require something from you. Like Ishtar’s descent, you must strip yourself down to prepare for this.

British warrior goddess Andraste was evoked the evening before battle. The soldiers curried Her favor so that She would bring them victory. This card represents what sacrifices you will make in your battle. It asks you to look within yourself and make sure that you are willing to move forward in this endeavor.

Durga, Hindi Goddess, is invincible. She is composed of the radiance of all the gods of the Hindu pantheon. They offered up this so that She might defeat the forces of destruction that threatened Their very being. Here we see what you will bring to the battle. What of yourself are you willing to give up so that you can win? The Durga card is very important since you may not be willing to take this step.

The Celtic Goddess Brighid has a warrior aspect to her. Look to this card to learn what will help you. This will be something within yourself that is a flame of passion within you. This flame is what will carry you throughout this fight.

Now to Sekhmet who is the Egyptian War Goddess, lion-headed and representing the destructive nature of the sun. What are you willing to destroy in order to win? In all wars, things are lost. You will lose things as well even in winning. What are you willing to lose? If this card shows something you can’t live without, think again on how important this battle is to you. Remember that you can stop this reading at any point.

Now to the card that represents the Artemis energies of this reading. Artemis can be unforgiving in her wrath. She will lend her skills to endeavors She sees as fitting. This card will reveal what skills you will need in order to win this warrior’s quest you have undertaken.

The final of the Goddess cards shows the face of Athena. Athena is the goddess of strategy. She brings you ways to win, but they may not be things you have thought of. Can you relinquish your own plans to incorporate some of hers? Don’t dismiss what Athena offers. It could be that Her ways will win the day.

And in the center of the shield is yourself. Here you will turn up the last card that will predict the final outcome of this battle. It may show what the results will be or it may show how you will be changed by this task.

Once all the cards are laid out, read them again to see how each Goddess energy will work with another. You can read them diagonally so that you can see how Durga and Artemis will affect you. Perhaps you are more concerned about what following Brighid’s path will bring to you.

This spread is designed to try to help you look at all the ways embarking on a battle can affect you. It is not meant to deter you from your fight, but rather to let you see all the possibilities.

Moongold

Hello ArwenNightstar ~

I was initially reserved about this spread because of the first impression of *militancy* (trying not to be too militant at the moment :laugh:) but then I put that aside and just pulled the cards.

It's a wonderful spread, actually. The idea of reflecting on each card as you draw it is unusual in my experience but it works really well. The question for me by the way was how to manage a particular situation at work.

For me, Andraste, the price required for Victory is hard and meticulous work (7 Coins in the Old English Tarot) and that confirmed what I know. Like a craftsman, being really good and creative in my own role.

The Durga for me was the Ace of Wands (Old English Tarot) and it was so appropriate. It made me consider where my energy (currently in short measure) needs to be placed. I had to really consider what is worth my time and energy. This is the BIG question, you are right.

Fool came up for Brighid. Again a surprising card because of your mention of *passion*. For me Fool in my specific context means approaching each situation and moment afresh. This means I can move around freely like the Fool, unencumbered by past baggage. It is a key strategy. Hmmmm .. the secret is a different kind of passion perhaps, a cool flame rather than a hot one :).

Five of Swords came up as Sekhmet - what I am willing to destroy. Well this was so appropriate! It's willingness to destroy the ambience of struggle and conflict, to see something other than Swords.

Artemis - what will I need - 10 Cups and Athena - what will I learn - 10 Coins - these speak for themselves and I'm not wanting to turn this into a "Your Readings" thread so I won't go into those but they were spot on for me.

To become the Queen of Wands, which is who I really need and want to be in this situation.

I think it is a great spread. The questions are excellent and the idea of drawing one card at a time and just thinking about it is very effective. I think anyone can use this spread for serious issues. The *Warrior* idea is an interesting and wonderful concept for women because too often we are tempted not to see ourselves as powerful. Your spread can make us think about power, and how we see it, where it is to be found within.

Thanks! This is one for keeping. I know the spread was written for women, but men could use it as well for personal development.

Moongold

Dancing Bear

Looks like a great spread. something with a difference.
I will definately try it and let you know the results.
Dancing Bear

Al Si'ra

This is a great spread;an empowering one..I've already tried it and post it..Thanx for sharing it :)

Love

ArwenNightstar

Al Si'ra said:
This is a great spread;an empowering one..I've already tried it and post it..Thanx for sharing it :)

Love

I appreciate your posting it in the Readings thread and hope that you get more good use from it!

Silverkitten

This looks like a fantastic spread. And the timing is perfect as it looks like just the tool for what I need to face at this moment. I've printed it off and will be giving it a go sometime in the next few days. I'll let you know how it goes.

Blessings,
Donna

a_shikhs

nice spread

This spread looks really nice and different.. I love your idea about different goddesses.. damn cool...

ArwenNightstar

Silverkitten said:
This looks like a fantastic spread. And the timing is perfect as it looks like just the tool for what I need to face at this moment. I've printed it off and will be giving it a go sometime in the next few days. I'll let you know how it goes.

Blessings,
Donna

Please do, Donna. I very much appreciate your help on this!

ArwenNightstar

a_shikhs said:
This spread looks really nice and different.. I love your idea about different goddesses.. damn cool...

LOL! Why thank you, Kind Sir! :) If you do it, would you let me know how it works for you?

a_shikhs

hey i will definately try it and let you know about the results...

Shikha...