star-lover

ithink christmas is about making peace with yourself and others...thats all
i think its about JC

i also think about its merriment andstuff and the pagan traditions

andits capricorn season lol

merry mirth and getting real

Lady Mary

mingbop said:
take it back to what is was before christ.... a rock to cling to in the deepest, darkest, coldest part of the year....light in the darkness...laughter & love and the sure & certain knowledge that the world turns and the sun will come again.
Isaiah 9, 2:

The people who walk in darkness
Will see a great light;
Those who live in a dark land,
The light will shine on them.

mingbop

lol LM ---don't quote the bible at me pet --it brings me out in an itchy rash !!!
EEEEK!

Lady Mary

Hi mingbop,
Thought your quote sounded a bit biblical too - so I couldn't resist & find the matching quote. ;)

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Celebrating the Spirit Sensually

Well, there are many aspects to the Christmas spirit, and many have been touched on here brilliantly.

Lately, I'm thinking much about the incarnational aspect: The spirit ensouled in flesh and all that. And so, at this time, we celebrate the material blessings of life with eating, drinking, giving gifts. We surround ourselves with pretty lights and glistening ornaments to delight the vision. Christmas carols to delight the ears. The scents of pine, citrus and cinnamon to delight the nose. All manner of food to delight the tongue.

Yes, the Christmas spirit is very much to be found in our celebration of these wonderful senses, through which we enjoy all the material pleasures we are blessed with.

star-lover

mingbop said:
lol LM ---don't quote the bible at me pet --it brings me out in an itchy rash !!!
EEEEK!

LOL i know the feeling, shame really cos the wheat gets thrown out with the chaffe

Indigo Rose

The Spirit of Christmas is the Spirit of Christ....~LOVE, COMPASSION, GENEROSITY, PEACE, and JOY~

For me there is no Christmas without Christ....He is the reason for the season...as they say. ;)

~Peace~

:heart: indigo rose

Dancing Bear

mingbop said:
Xmas is one day when a spiritual window opens in the world and we see how things COULD & SHOULD be everyday....maybe one day we will be so advanced that we can do it...but in the meantime Holmes, you do your bit as we all do, and together maybe good people can change the world. Ignore the materialism and cynicism and dont be part of it, concentrate on the things that matter in life.

I agree here.. It is a day for me that everything and one... seems to work together for a change and we are all on the same level..For me it is an extremely spiritual time... leading up to and after...

With a young family it is also about the children, Santa and presents...
I am looking forward to christmas this year, the children still believe in Santa, and are counting down the sleeps.. its lots of fun for me and always has been..

It is so sad to hear that this time of year has many bad memories for many people...(((((hugs)))))

DB :love:

Lady Mary

mingbop said:
EEEEK!
star-lover said:
LOL i know the feeling, shame really cos the wheat gets thrown out with the chaffe

Isaiah said:
The people who walk in darkness
Will see a great light;
Those who live in a dark land,
The light will shine on them.
Actually I don't understand the "EEEK". Why? Just because Isaiah is credited with this quote, and just because it's said that Isaiah was a prophet, and just because the text happens to be part of the Bible? What if this was some song lyrics (I'm sure if I went into google I could easily come up with a songtext similar to the Isaiah quote). What if some poet had written it? Would it still be "EEEEK"? Would it be "EEEEK" if I had quoted from a Pagan text or if I had just created that text myself?

mingbop said:
take it back to what is was before christ.... a rock to cling to in the deepest, darkest, coldest part of the year....light in the darkness...laughter & love and the sure & certain knowledge that the world turns and the sun will come again.
Not for nothing Christmas was put in the time of winter solstice. And also the symbols are a perfect match - newborn child - new life - hope - end of darkness - victory of the sun.

mingbop

well, I think the christians just came along and grabbed a pagan festival, and changed it and stole it really, because it suited them. Astronomers say Christ was really born in feb , they know this by the position of the stars in the sky of that time.. lolol ...But I'm not arguing...the church & I get along just fine as long as we give each other a very wide berth !:))