A Really Good Marseille Book...

NightWing

...is what I'm looking for. Illustrated and thorough, with some historical context, it should be good for both the beginning Marseille Tarot reader as well as those more experienced,...and will be written in English!

Does anyone know of such a book (or books) that you would recommend?

Rosanne

Hi NightWing- There is not much out there in English for the TdM.
You would most likely find more info here at the Forum. I have 'Meditations on the Tarot' a weighty book using Tdm Majors as illustration. It was and is a slow but worthwhile read for me- a foray into Christian Hermeticism. Next I offer Kathleen McCormack's 'Tarot Decoder' built around the Celtic Cross spread and using TdM as illustrations. I have found this book very usuable. Then there is the little Gem of a book called 'Collins Gem TAROT' This little book is always in the pouch with my cards, just in case I have a complete mental block. ~Rosanne

Moonbow

Have a look at this thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=16970&highlight=english

There are a few suggestions which may help. I have the Joseph Maxwell book and although parts of it are difficult to understand, on the whole it has taught me alot or at least given me much to think about. Lee has a good description of the book on page 2.

Fulgour

In many ways the very best "book" for a Marseille deck
is a large table top where you can spread them all out.

These are really very open cards, easy to get to know,
and in all truth, there simply isn't a better book around.

Lee

I've written a book about reading the Marseille. It will be published by Lo Scarabeo later this year as part of a set with their new Universal Marseille deck.

-- Lee

Astraea

Lee, that is wonderful! I always read your posts with great interest, and to know that your thinking about the TdM will be expressed in a volume is really welcome news. Thank you so much for letting us know.

jackdaw*

Yes, that was the one item in Lo Scarabeo's 2006 lineup that REALLY caught my interest! Way to go, Lee!

Keslynn

Wow, Lee! That is such great news. Can't wait to read it now.

lark

Thank you Lee!
May I give you a big hug? ((((((((((LEE)))))))))
Oh what the heck and a kiss too....:* :love:

lunakasha

I just wanted to add my enthusiasm here....

FINALLY a resource for the Marseille in English!!! :D:D:D

Thank you Lee, and congratulations....:thumbsup:

I can hardly wait for this one!

:)