Ouija

VictorianAngel

Good morning all:
When I was younger, my mother, who was very gifted, would do divination with a Ouija board with me. I never had any negative experiences, always good ones, with her.

Now, as an adult, I have this same Ouija board and I would like to explore it again with my daughter. But I have done some reading on the topic, and I have to admit being older and wiser, I'm a bit concerned.

I don't recall my mother doing anything special besides consulting the Ouija with me. But now i'm reading about spirits hanging around afterwards, and casting circles which I have no idea how to do.

Anyone with experience here - I'd love to have some guidance. Many thanks.

a_shikhs

I really wanna try using the ouija board but am scared to death after reading all the threads....

An aunt of mine uses this board. She starts with a protection prayer, and then we keep our thumb on the coin and start.. Shes never had any bad experiences with it....

Tongodiva

Heebie Jeebies

I'm more than certain that later on this discussion will be morphed into the more deeper parts of the quija, and I'm curious to know who will be the fated one to say "it's just cardboard and ink" ;) Nonetheless, I have always been somewhat wary of the Quija board. Not only because of what I've heard, but because of the energy I will feel around it more often than not. Even when I was much younger I would feel an alarm going off in the pit of my stomach whenever I would consider using it. When I was a kid I would make them out of paper and stuff, and tinkered with these, but an actual quija board bought at a store.....no way ;) (This is of course, mine and own opinion)
Therr is also the personal family history involving the quija board. My great aunt has a daughter that is my age. I refer to her as my first cousin though she's not, we grew up together as children. She was one of the first other than myself in "my" generation of family that was mystified by divination and magick...unfortunately she took to the darker side of matters. She started playing around witht he Quija board... after a time she made an unusual bond with it, a bond she meant to break. She would try to get rid of it but it would always end back in her room. It got to the point where if she entered her room, the triangle (or whatever you call it) would start to move on its own, and she would see specters in mirrors always looking at her. That was the breaking point for her, unseen forces showed their faces. It was more than she could take. For once I took the advice as it came and decided not to experiment with the Quija Board. Usually I like to bang my own head against a wall but I decided against it on this one. ;)

I have a limited scope on the subject, of all the experiences I've heard and nearly had, it has been a risk for me, one that I'd rather not take.

The experience you've posted Victorian Angel, is the first positive one I've ever read or heard about :)

Heebie Jeebied Out - T.

carly

I'd love to try Ouija, it "looks cool" hee hee hee and it'd be a great group-divination, I don't know any others where everyone is involved and equal...

However, I know nothing about the spirit world, have no experience at all in this field, and so am freaked out and unprepared. I'd do it if it was just divination, but i don't do spirits, lol.

Just my 2 pence, I'll go now... :)

VictorianAngel

Thank you

Thank you for your input so far, I appreciate it.

Your takes sort of confirm the unease I feel in approaching this divination again. My daughter, you see, is gifted also, and I don't want to expose her to anything she may not be equipped to handle, maturity wise.

memries

Victorian Angel

I have had experience with the Quija Board.
When my daughter was about 12 I used to play it with her. She says to me now, "You used to scare the heck out of me Mom". So from that aspect I feel badly about it.
However, I never had any bad experience. I always said a prayer before I started and if I didn't like the answers I would quit. It is after all a tool.
I don't do it now for no good reason really. It is like anything else you just kind of grow out of it and it becomes stale.
I never relied on any information it gave me. Like anything else, you don't let alcohol take over your life and you don't let the Quija Board either.

Al Si'ra

I have a few unsuccessful tries with establishing a connection with the other side and a one succesful one..Actually we were 8 people and one of us-the leading one- was really experienced in the area..Actually we did not use an ouija board we made stuff out of paper and etc..and they work perfectly fine too..anyway she first started with praying and then called for a spirit..and while all these were happening i was thinking to myself- isn't this a bit risky- i mean calling whoever might be around-and why would a being of light hang around on this side-i was a bit critical as you see..then something-some form of energy indeed came- it was a bit wild though-yet i could feel that he was not that dark and tried to answer us in the best way he could-but i still don't think that he was wiser than us or anything..then we nicely asked him to leave...we were using a small cup for the connection..i mean we put our fingers on the cup and the cup(upside down) would move towards the letters making up sentences..that cup after the session broke into to pieces...we assumed that the spirit was gone but later on,none of us wanted to own the cup-and as we were discussing it-the cup just-i don't know how-broke into pieces..I think it was him doing it..and he did not leave..although we thought he did..

Soon after the experience, all of us had strange experiences..
For example one of us got really agressive as if something posessed her-got into her..My heart beats got so irregular and i kinda felt like having a heart attack for one hour..One of us got a nose bleed..One fall asleep...
I think the energy affected us in a negative way..And the agressive one in the past-i know that after one session indeed got possessed or -better put-got heavily affected/manipulated (i don't believe in possesion for some reasons) for a few minutes and she just couldn't remeber those moments later on..I call her the weakest link lol :)

Later on i tried to lead sessions and i realized that whenever i am present in such a circle nothing-nobody comes..We were 8 people and we were strong that's why in that session i did not affect the outcome but i noticed that if we are less then 8 and if i am present nothing happens..It's i believe because of me shutting myself to the dark spirits and umm probably to all spirits lol

I don't mean to indicate anything-don't get me wrong..BUT personally i think ouija board can be used in an efficient way,only by those who know what they are doing and who are in charge of the energies around-which is tough..Otherwise i don't think the results would be free of risk..
My friend who lead that session is a scorpion with an ascendant scorpio..She is close to the concept of "death" and i think she is the magnet for such spirits..she is a very nice person and i love her and she's one of my best friends-don't get me wrong-but she is as well a bit dark-so what she attracts is a bit dark...And spirits who are hanging around on this side-personally i believe -are not really aware that they are dead and they should move on-but for some reason they seem to be stuck here...And whenever they are called-they respond..The thing is,my scorpion friend in the past had negative experiences with the spirit world- and my -weakest link-friend for some reason-from time to time- goes through odd events too..Personally i believe that they are a bit open to anything that might come along..

So what i would advise with my limited knowledge is this..Cast a protective circle and be strict on who you are calling..don't just invite anything-and you will just see that when you limit your call-the spirits do not come that quick and easy as before..

Just be careful and be safe:)

:love: :love:

RViewer

Spooky but true.

Does it work? Absolutely.

All experience I have had, all the experience my family has had, and all experience those I have spoken with advise to leave the Ouija alone.

I do not know why, but this one tool seems to harness the forces who do not respect freewill more than any other I am aware of.

Usually whether you do ritual to protect yourself or not, or whether you are aware of it or not.

Little Eagle

I aprecciate that there are many forms of spirituality and many ways to explore these facets. The boards are dangerous to the untrained as this is a matter of protection v projection. Remember that it is one thing to read Tarot which i do do, but another to talk to spirit directly through Clairvoyance or Audience. This i'm afraid unless you are a wilder requires training. Mediums only use the Tarot as a prop because half of the time people think that this method is how they communicate, and do not see the direct link. The problem with the boards is that the 4th level is a level of though. It's not that spirits come through and possess. It is that thought forms can attach and you need them the knowledge of how to displace them. The board like the rocking table can be used but please only in experiencerd hands. And remember in this world that like attracts like. We are truely mighty spiritual beings but the problem is that bad experiences then post board hysteria help us to forget this.

zorya

speaking of board hysteria...

i think the main reason ouija boards get such a bad rep, is that they were mass marketed as games.

for the longest time, you could buy ouija boards in the kiddie game section, unlike the tarot etc. which were never as readily available.

had the tarot been marketed as a toy, i have no doubt we would be reading similar warnings about it!

as we all know, there are many who believe that divination is 'evil'.

they believe trying to contact the spirit world is evil,

and according to some, it gives the devil power over you.

the ouija board was always right out there, so it got the most negative press. ... and it got a lot of stories...

ouija boards used to be sold anywhere that kid's games were sold, so great attempts were made (and still are) to scare people from using them.

ouija boards are tools.

they are not toys.

any attempt to contact the spirit world should be done with care and caution.

smudging can help, as can casting a protective circle. call upon whomever you call upon to protect and assist you; in my case, i call upon my spirit guides.

i have used a ouija board for decades, and never had any problems at all.

contacting anyone in the spirit world is never a game. don't do it for thrills. (forget kurt cobain, jimmy dean and marilyn monroe)

i recommend casting a circle, calling upon your guides for protection, and only using it to call upon loved ones and ancestors.

honestly, i seldom use it anymore, as i have found other ways of connecting and receiving messages from the spirit world, that work better and more clearly for me.