Double Cross and Triangle Spread for Love and Relationship Questions

heleneibrahim

This is a relationship spread I created a year ago. It has worked very well. I hope it will be helpful to you too.
It consists of a Cross and Triangle Spread for each person involved. One is done to the left, the other to the right.
Between them, I put six cards, which answer questions about the relationship.
When you read the meaning of each position, you will see that this spread includes a sort of time line too, illuminating what is about to pass.

First mix the cards of the Major Arcana and keep them in a pile.
Then mix the cards of the Minor Arcana plus the Court Cards together and keep them in a separate pile.

First spread the cards of the Major Arcana, as described and shown below. The spread has 22 (!) positions, the first 8 cards make the Cross and Triangle for person 1, the next 8 cards make the C. a. T. for person two, and the remaining 6 cards that are put between them answer relationship questions.
In the reading, you will use the Major Arcana cards to show influences that are less changeable.

Then, in each position (1-22), on top of each Major Arcana card, you put another card from the second pile (the one with Minor Arcana cards and Court Cards). In your reading, you will use the Minor Arcana cards to show influences that are more changeagle and the Court Cards to show specific persons/attributes that are involved.

Now you will have two cards - one from the Major Arcana and one from the Minor Arcana/Court Cards - on each position of the spread. Turn them over and read them together, beginning with position 1 and continuing to 22.

You can get many things out of this reading, whether you need to know more about your own feelings and the circumstances under which they are developing, whether you want to know what is going for (and against) your friend/lover/partner at this time or whether your main concern is where your relationship is/is going. It may also be useful to see what elements are dominating in different areas of the spread - earth, water, air or fire - or what's missing or under represented. It shows the underlying forces that is driving the issue.

Very good wishes to you!!!
(P.S. Have a nice evening, and a snack at hand: - )

Here we go:
*P1*Relation**P2***
**2*20*21*22**10***
5*1*3**17**13**9*11
**4****18*****12***
6*8*7**19**14*16*15

1. Querent's friend/lover/partner
2. Emotionally
3. Love
4. Mentally
5. Physically
6. One force working on the matter.
7. Another force working on the matter.
8. The attitude that can bring the two forces together.

9. Querent
10. Emotionally
11. Love
12. Mentally
13. Physically
14. One force working on the matter.
15. Another force working on the matter.
16. The attitude that can bring the two forces together.

17. The relationship at the moment
18. What does my friend want/need from this relationship?
19. What will we do (together) in this relationship? (Near future.)
20. How will other people influence this relationship?/What will people do for/against us/this relationship? (This question is often missing in relationship spreads, but I have found it relevant to add it.)
21. What is our best response to this situation (20)?
22. Outcome. (Future/chances/challenges of the relationship.) Remember that the outcome is never static! It becomes what you make it. And it is bound to change over time. I usually find it useful to state a specific time like "What will the relationship be during the coming month/in one month?"

heleneibrahim

aquanesha

Looks real nice

I'm gonna try this spread later and let you know how it went

Actually, I have to try it WAY later when i have time. But will let you know when i do.

heleneibrahim

Draw the positions of the spread as squares and write the names of the cards in each

Hi aquanesha!

Helene Ibrahim here.

The spread is quickly done once you see how clear and logic it is. Then just draw the positions like rectangles on a paper and fill in the names of the cards that come up, f ex in the first position (rectangle) you write the Magician+3 Cups rev - or whatever cards you get. You do this for all the spread, it takes just a few minutes. THEN YOU CAN BEGIN/CONTINUE THE READING WHENEVER YOU HAVE TIME, EVEN ON THE BUS OR UNDERGROUND, IF YOU LIKE. It has an advantage, as sometimes the first impression of a reading changes/develops after sleeping on it... Then I just take out the paper and have another look at the whole thing from a different angle.

I keep my readings in a calendar. It becomes like a diary, where I save the readings for the most important days/happenings in my life. It is incredible how accurate and close to reality it usually is! And it makes me know what happens in other places to other people with great accuracy. The truth is not always nice, but it is helpful! And sometimes surprising: - ) A 2 Cups here or there never makes one sad, does it: - )

Best wishes!!!

Helene Ibrahim

longhair

Have to give this one a shot

Now this is something that I would love to try.But a quick question ? Can I do this with or w/o my partner ?

heleneibrahim

To do the love spread with/without your lover?

Dear Longhair,

I beleive the tarot reading says what it says, whether your lover is present or not, doesn't it: - ? Sometimes the outcome is positive, but sometimes not, and anyway the outcome it is not fixed, but in many ways up to you... A tarot reading is like a mirror or a recommendation and your interpretation is not only according to the cards but also intuitive.
Whether it is wise to share it with your lover, or not, is up to your own good judgement. I don't know your lover. You (supposedly: - ) do.

Personally, though, I would not do it together with him, to avoid upsets or unpleasant surprises. There are so many other nice spreads you can use with a friend/lover, and a poking relationship spread for the very two of you may not be the best one...
If you want something lighter to share with your friend, why not try "the Map Spread" that I wrote about a couple of days ago? There are lots of things to explore through it, but it is a little bit less personal, which I think would be more fun.

Best wishes

heleneibrahim

Pauline Kilar

Heleneibrahim - thanks for posting this spread. I used it to get clarification about a relationship that has been going badly. I *knew* it was going badly, but the cards told me how and why in excruciating detail. How do they do that??? (I'm new to tarot and still delighted and astonished at how it works). I liked this layout and will definitely use it again - hopefully in happier times!

K

Pauline Kilar

--post removed by me after getting a PM from a Moderator.... Not supposed to post readings in this forum. Whoops! She offered to let me move it to the My Readings forum, but this reading was a flashing neon sign. Good spread, though!--

heleneibrahim

Hi Pauleine,

I'm glad you found the spread useful - it has helped me too many times: - )
It DOES give an insight to many forces working on a matter - for each individual involved and for the two of them together.

The Tarot cards working as a mirror for the self explains why readings work when we do them for ourselves. They give us a tool to analyze/access our inner knowledge.
But how does it work when we do the reading for someone else, with almost no interaction between the reader and the q? All I know is that the few free one card readings that I have got from personal readers online have been very accurate, and I couldn't imagine a (skilled) reader could get so much (relevant) stuff out of one single card with so little background knowledge of the actual situation.

Wish you the best of luck!

Helene Ibrahim

BLFO

I tried this spread and it is one of the top 3 best spreads I have encountered on love/relationships.

heleneibrahim

Thanks for your kindness.

I'm very happy to hear your response - yes, I suppose I had a lucky moment there once, when I came to think about this spread: - ) Need is the mother of all inventions, isn't it: - )

Best of luck,

Helene Ibrahim