Celestial Tarot - The Fool (Uranus)

MareSaturni

Well...the first thread in our dear study group!

0 - THE FOOL ~ URANUS ~

In a dark blue background, this card shows a bigger figure, a man, that's holding one of his hands up. He seems to be surrounded by a reddish light, contrasting with the background. He looks at a smaller man, who is naked and is trying to balance himself on the bigger man's thumb.
We can see, beneath them, the symbols of Uranus, Aquarius and Air. There's another symbol by the fool, but i do not recognize it.

The small man is the fool...but who is the big one? Uranus, the god? Is he guiding the fool to a successful flight...or a terrible fall?

I think studying a bit of Uranus personality might help us to better understand this card. I'm going to read my mythology books :)

~Yuko

WhiteRaven

Uranus

Just posting some info on Uranus. I'll be back for my own take on the card later....but this is a start I guess.

Uranus God of Rebirth

Uranus is the most unusual and unorthodox of the Players. With one foot firmly planted on earth, the other dangling somewhere in the heavens, Uranus can be sure to stir things up.

Uranus is known both for his psychic abilities and his mastery over the earth. He loves to work as a laborer - his hands deep in the rich soil. All the while there is a stirring in his heart - his perceptions keen and his celestial home never far from sight.

Unconventional, eccentric, inspirational, and sometimes down right weird, to Uranus, the Game of Life is truly all just a game..

Expect the unexpected when it comes to Uranus. A little magic here, a little psychic disturbance there, he is ever mindful of the need for balance between our celestial desires and duty to mother earth.

In Metasymbology, Uranus lords over Aquarius.

Uranus at Metasymbology.com

Uranus is the ancient Greek deity of the Heavens, the earliest supreme god. Uranus was the son and mate of Gaia and the father of Cronus (Saturn)

Uranus is the seventh planet from the Sun and the third largest (by diameter).

Taken from Astro.com:

Uranus
Uranus stands for intuition, it transmits sudden inspiration and lightning insights. An openness for all that is new, unknown and unusual. A sort of wrong-headed contrariness is also associated with this planet. It is said to be characteristic of astrology as such.
Sign equivalent: Aquarius

firecatpickles

Wha tif you don;t accept that Uranus is the planet because you go the more traditional route? Saturn, then?

WhiteRaven

kilts_knave said:
Wha tif you don;t accept that Uranus is the planet because you go the more traditional route? Saturn, then?

Umm...then perhaps this deck isn't for you then ?
I mean, the entire deck is based on this particular system...so I would think you'd have a problem understanding where the author is coming from....because a lot of the meanings are very unique and are tied into the system that she chose to use.

WhiteRaven

miss_yuko said:
There's another symbol by the fool, but i do not recognize it.

The symbol is Aleph from the Qabala system.

MareSaturni

Thank you WhiteRaven! The info you shared is helpful indeed :)

WhiteRaven said:
Uranus is the most unusual and unorthodox of the Players. With one foot firmly planted on earth, the other dangling somewhere in the heavens, Uranus can be sure to stir things up.

Isn't that very Fool-like? Unusual, unorthodox...and foot in heaven, one foot in earth.

It makes me think...was Uranus the first fool? And now he's watching another, just like him, try to find a balance...stirring the things up, provoking psychic disturbance...dancing with the Chaos in order to later start his journey to find the balance between what is celestial and what is earthly.

~Yuko

WhiteRaven

Unconventional, eccentric, inspirational, and sometimes down right weird, to Uranus, the Game of Life is truly all just a game.

The above quote is what caught my attention the most.

he is ever mindful of the need for balance between our celestial desires and duty to mother earth.

The above quote confused me. It contradicts the first statement in a sense....and as the "Fool"...The Fool does not know what balance is at this point...as he walks his path he learns it and applies the lessons learned....no?

looking at the card....I see a lot of Purple, and what you see as "red"...I see as a shade of "pink"....The purple to me represents the Spiritual path the Fool is about to tread upon.....The mountains are the struggles and obstacles that he will encounter....I do believe that the shimmering lights in between the mountains reflect the insight he will obtain as he continues the path....kind of like a "light-bulb" effect. Perhaps, because the Fool is standing on the thumb of the right hand...it represents that he's quite "right-brained" right now...and thus the imbalance....the need to incorporate the left-brain thing...Standing on the thumb.....if you think about how we use our hands, without the "Thumb"...one can not "grasp" anything...in this instance...he's chosen as his first step to learn how to "grasp" the lessons ahead of him?

Just some thoughts....

MareSaturni

WhiteRaven said:
The above quote confused me. It contradicts the first statement in a sense....and as the "Fool"...The Fool does not know what balance is at this point...as he walks his path he learns it and applies the lessons learned....no?

Yes, that confused me too. What i see is that he is going to leave the chaos to follow a Spiritual Path in order to find the balance between earth and sky, spiritual and material, feelings and mind. Of course, i didn't follow the quote as it is...i adapted to what would make more sense to me. For now, all the Fool knows is chaos...not balance. But he'll direct himself to it...learn it.

...that's how i see it, at least :D

WhiteRaven said:
looking at the card....I see a lot of Purple, and what you see as "red"...I see as a shade of "pink"....The purple to me represents the Spiritual path the Fool is about to tread upon.....

Now that you said it...yes, it is more pink-ish than reddish and there's a lot of purple. When i started the thread i was under the evil influence of medicine i had just taken so it made me very sleepy...i kept closing my eyes, the image didn't focus very well. Must be why it seemed more so red to me.
I refused to go to bed before starting the thread though.

The purple is one of the major spiritual colours. So, i agree with you...it probably related to all the Tarot Journey he is about to start.

WhiteRaven said:
The mountains are the struggles and obstacles that he will encounter....I do believe that the shimmering lights in between the mountains reflect the insight he will obtain as he continues the path....kind of like a "light-bulb" effect.

What you see as mountains, i thought they were....clouds. I thought the could mean the Fool isn't connected to the reality, where we dwell. He's still floating, still undefined...ready to jump off the cliff (the thumb) to follow a dream.

WhiteRaven said:
Perhaps, because the Fool is standing on the thumb of the right hand...it represents that he's quite "right-brained" right now...and thus the imbalance....the need to incorporate the left-brain thing...Standing on the thumb.....if you think about how we use our hands, without the "Thumb"...one can not "grasp" anything...in this instance...he's chosen as his first step to learn how to "grasp" the lessons ahead of him?

Yes, that makes sense. Very interesting what you wrote...i had never thought about it :)
The Fool is more trying to balance himself on the thumb than standing on it...i'd say he's not only not left-brained, but very chaotic in the 'right' side.

~Yuko

WhiteRaven

I do agree that these are clouds....but it reminded me of mountains of obstacles that he's going to face....and the enlightment that he will receive has he continues upon his path...what you have said about the reality etc..makes a lot of sense too....but what is your thoughts on the glimmering lights between the clouds?