Precognition and Death

Kahlie

I wondered if anybody else ever has precognitive feelings/visions about people dying and how they deal with it.

I've had them and it's very heavy for me. At first I would only get huge waves of emotional pain/sadness on the day itself or the day before. Then I would find out somebody had died. This happened at least 3 times, with people who weren't that close to me personally, but were close to people I love.

I remembered thinking I would rather know who it would be, instead of these vague but overwhelming feelings. After I started Tarot, I also received Visions of people dying. I have had Visions since I was young, but not about this subject.

In April 2004 I received a Vision that specified that on the day I would leave for Portugal to study there for a year, my grandmother would die. The Vision was surrounded by a very nice peaceful feeling, quite opposite of what I felt.
She was very healthy at that time, but I decided to spend a lot of extra time with her. I was very very sure that something was going to happen.
On the first of September 2004 I left for Portugal, in the evening my mother told me my grandmother had suffered 2 brain strokes, as well as a heart attack. She survived, but she doesn't recognise me anymore. The person I knew is gone.

Now, I have the strong feeling (but no Vision) that my brother-in-laws father is going to die on the 14th of February. He's currently coming out of surgery and has had intestinal cancer. It indeed doesn't look very good, but they don't know much yet, and they have requested privacy (no phone calls), so I also don't know much. The cancer might be back, but I don't know.

Normally, I only tell people who do not know the people about Death Visions. After all, I believe they are there to warn me. Now I'm wondering, because although I know the immediate family is very sad, I doubt they would expect things to end so soon...

This kind of thing is very very heavy on me. I would like to know how others deal with this.

Kahlie

psychic sue

I have had two "death" visions whilst reading the cards - both of which came true and both of which I was powerless to stop (I have recounted it on here many times, so I won't go into it again). It upset me so much I stopped reading the cards for a while. However, since then, I have always asked my guides not to show me any deaths or illnesses. I truly believe that some things are meant to be, and it serves no purpose for us to be shown them - it's like you have your radar switched on, and you pick up EVERYTHING - the trick is tuning out of the bits you don't want to hear.

I have had many dreams where animals die - and they always come true - but usually not my animals, they usually belong to someone I know.

Just my thooughts on this subject.

Sue x

Kahlie

Thank you for sharing that Sue.
Since mine do not come off the Cards, there isn't anything I can stop doing to have them stop.

I've prayed many many times for these things to stop. They don't. They continue to come. I feel I need to accept that, hard as it is. I wondered if I don't get them as a personal warning for me. As if they are not meant to shock but to give an emotional safety net by letting me know in advance.
Or maybe I'm just being hopeful...

Kahlie

calligirl

Kahlie
I think you're right, they are there to let you know so that it won't be such a shock for you. You must be a very sensitive person and this is a way of helping you cope but at the same time, what a burden to have, knowing and dreading something like this.

I have had instances reading the cards (ditto what Psychic Sue said, posted before so won't repeat it here) and I've also had a dream or two that was unfortunately right but it's not consistent, thank goodness.

If these dreams continue in spite of asking for them not to, then ask for the strength to accept them and the wisdom to use this knowledge in the best way possible for all concerned.

Blessings to you

tarotbear

I don't know what to say...

If you tell your family "He's going to die on this day!" you will be setting them up for two horrible events - the fact that it may come true, and the fact that it may not. Strangers may be able to deal with this information, but your family probably will not.

It's a heavy, heavy gift you've been given ... but you have been given it for a reason that you have yet to figure out. Psychicism defies logical explanations, and is not under conscious control. Perhaps you should ask for guidence on how best to utilize this gift - you may have an important role to play in the scheme of things.

Kahlie

Calligirl, thank you for your kind blessings and your advice. I think it's a smart thing to do.

Mine are consistent and do not come during dreams.

Tarotbear, I would never let my family know this. They would be incredibly upset and for a good reason. That is why I only ever tell strangers, so at least I have some help in dealing with how I feel. On the other hand, it is upsetting to know that they are counting on things going well...
Thank you for your advice.

Kahlie

Skydancer

Hi ~

Whenever I get the distinct impression that something is not going to go the way the person telling me thinks it's going to go, I keep quiet. Nod, smile, look concerned for them, smile maybe. THEN - put in a little note/aside that says that they might want to consider what would happen IF...

I'm usually dismissed, and that's okay. I put out the idea and that's all I can do. Really. Plant the seed, and it will grow when the conditions are right. You know -

I've done this all my life, and I don't get too wraped up in it, because even my husband doesn't take much stock in my impressions. Although on occasion he has actually told me that I was indeed right after all. Some consolation. Even then I just say .... "Well ...." and shrug it off. What else can I do?

So - when I have suspected strongly that the person I am talking to is one I will never see again because he/she is going to pass away/cross over, I try to leave them with a smile of reassurance, that I know it's going to be okay. Because, if they are to leave soon, it really is okay.

And if there are considerations that I know my family may need to contend with now, then I drop those little hints where and when I can. Just hints - just "things you might want to wrap up soon" conversation starters. At least they were forewarned. The rest of how they deal with it is ultimately up to them. And I'm there if/when needed.

I should go into Hospice. In fact, I'm looking into it. Except that I'm not a nurse, and the people I've talked to so far were all nurses before beginning this specialty.

So yes, I've had direct experience with this (2 times just last year). It was in dealing with the death or our ol' dog Snoopy 2 years ago that got me over the hump, and out of the mangled emotions that I used to have to deal with. Now - it's acceptance, and it's ... a part of life. And I don't feel bad - I just try to help the other person feel okay. Be there. Try to leave them with their seeing me with a smile or nod, and that I know that they know and it's okay.

Only one impending death did the cards also mirror - my mother in law this time last year. In the others, no cards were involved. Also, no dreams. Just premonition - an understanding. An inner knowing.

And all is well.
*S*

Julien

I have as well, though never while reading. It's an over-whelming sense I have suddenly when I touch or am talking to the person in question. And it's never been wrong even though I always hope I'm off my rocker. It's happened several times over my life -- the first time, I was just a little kid and it sent me into a sulk that, if I am remembering correctly, lasted right up until the person passed away (which was a few months later). I don't know how to explain this, but my reaction is almost always to pull away and go into what I call "wait mode". Think 4 of Swords -- I just sit back and wait on an emotional level. I'm not sure it's the best reaction, but I also know that it is the only reaction I have in my repertoire.

Most recently, I've had this strong feeling that my 21 year old niece who is battling brain cancer will not make it through to summer. I don't have a date -- and I'm glad I don't -- but I'm quite certain she won't make it. Of course I don't tell my brother and his wife. They need, at the moment, to think that she can fight her way through it. But it is hard to know that they are hoping so hard. Yet one thing I've realized -- actually, I realized this when my mother died -- that having some fore-knowledge of what is going to happen helped me be prepared to take up the hard tasks that the family couldn't manage. Like going to the funeral home and so forth. Making sure everyone was eating properly. Taking the kids to the playground so that the parents get a break and some down time... All those things that are so hard to do when you're emotionally over-wrought.

I think I was emotionally prepared for the end, and so I was able to help them more through their grieving. Does that make any sense? After the death, I've always been able to listen more carefully and see what needs to be done. I think it's because I've already done some mourning during that 4 of Swords period, and so my emotions aren't in complete upheaval.

That, in the end, is why I think I know ahead of time. To prepare myself to help the ones who didn't know. Now, if it's a stranger, I don't know how this would work, but surely there's a reason for it and a meaning behind it. At least, I believe there must be.

Julien

Kahlie

Skydancer, although I logically *know* that things will be alright, and that he's moving on towards something precious and beautiful... Emotionally and rationally in day to day life it's hard to deal with.
I can understand that you would like to leave them knowing that you will be ok.
Thank you for sharing your stories & advice.

Julien, I feel much the same like you. But I feel it's wrong that I have to 'wait' a certain time, just feeling this overwhelming pain and negativity that the other person is going through. I must also be able to live my life...
Do you also have the idea that it's 'standing' still untill the event has happened? And what do you do about it?

Kahlie