What should be the second tarot book to read?

Sophie

I like Herman Hesse too... I've often thought of Narziss and Goldmund when looking through my old decks - and even some of the new. The scholar and the artist, the Pape and the Bateleur - best friends, divided and opposed.

If you don't want card-by-card - then I would go for Rachel Pollack's entrancing Forest of Souls, which is a walk down some very interesting lanes in tarot. No meanings - just a series of explorations, readings, myths and reflections. One of the best tarot books ever written, and one of the most original books written, too.

Cerulean

Castle of Crossed Destinies, Italo Calvino

and the Tarot storytelling series by James Riklief...both his titles are inspirational to me.

I do like some specific titles for my interests...the tarot journelling one by Corinne Kenner with the Celtic Cross as the basis is interesting to dip into now and again.

Cerulean

Genny

The Tarot Reader. look ok too. I got started doing spread and predictions even though without knowing the cards that much. It's an interesting read too. The one i've found is the 2005 edition, and it has been helpful to me.

pomemma

I am a newbie and I am currently reading Joan Bunning's book. I have also already ordered Rachel Pollack's Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom and I am planning to read this next as it has had really great reviews.

WolfSpirit

I agree with Cerulean about "Tarot Tells the Tale" by James Ricklef.
When you feel you know the individual cards but don't really know how to read them together (I don't know if that will be your second book, depends how eager you buy tarot books I suppose ;)) this book is a great help. A lot of small original spreads, and examples of readings. All in an easy to read style as well.

Baroli

I have always liked "Tarot for Yourself." Mary Greer. She approaches tarot in an indepth way that a not so newbie or even a newbie can understand. I still use her book for reference.

Baroli52

Netzach

Theresa Michelsen's Complete tarot reader. Excellent book.