A simple(minded) spread

Talisman

Okay, this will be posted fast, 'cause I want to watch the Super Bowl.

(For most readers, I guess, outside the USA, this is a contest pitting two teams for this year's football championship. It is all universe in two-week long build up and hype. The teams are from Seattle and Pittsburg.)

I do not use Tarot readings for this type of thing, but, just fun, I decided to lay the cards out. Since I think, for me at least, this kind of fortune telling is kind'a silly, I decided not to use my regular spread, or any of the three-card spreads I use. I created a new one. Just now. Like this:

The top line represents Seattle, the bottom line of three cards represents Pittsburg. The card in the middle is the wild card. So:

1 . . . 3 . . . 5
. . . .. 7 . . .
2 . . . 4 . . . 6

And the cards: Seattle, cards 1, 3 and 5, are The Hierophant, 4 of Wands and 9 of Wands.

Pittsburgh, cards 2, 4 and 6, are 3 Pentacles, 9 Pentacles and 5 Wands.

Wild card, or synthesis card: 2 Wands.

I used the pocket Universal Rider-Waite-Smith 'cus it was laying on my desk.

In just a few minutes the game will start. I'll be rooting for Seattle, 'cus they are the underdogs, and 'cus I'm a west coast kind'a guy.

I won't bother you with my interruptation of the cards, but in just a few hours the results of the game will be known. If nothing else, there is a lot of energy in the cards that turned up in this simple(minded) spread.

Talisman

One Armed Scissor

Go Hawks!!!

LOL I just started a thread asking for a Super Bowl spread. Should've checked here first.

Gotta go, but to me, you're spread's saying Seattle will win. Steelers are good, but they'll be holding abck for some reason.

We'll see.

Talisman

Well . . .

One Armed Scissor said:
LOL I just started a thread asking for a Super Bowl spread. Should've checked here first.

Gotta go, but to me, you're spread's saying Seattle will win. Steelers are good, but they'll be holding abck for some reason.

We'll see.

Okay, not to bore those disinterested with any football talk, but I was rooting for the underdog . . . and the underdog got clobbered.

And the spread ? I think One Armed Scissor is right.

Still, I think overall the spread was amazingly accurate. What I read was not the outcome of the game, but my "hopes and fears" about the outcome of the game.

The Hierophant, authority, was troublesome, and there were some regretable calls by the referees, the authorities managing the game, etc.

If you're willing to pretend this goofy spread and even goofier idea made sense, look at the wild card position. Two of Wands. (Remember, I was using the Universal Waite.) A man holds a Super Bowl trophy, er, ah, a globe. He props one wand on the parapet next to him, and turns his back on the second wand, which is bolted to the stones looking abject in defeat.

And, etc.

Talisman

no_moon

Thank you so much for sharing the football spread!!

I'm going to try it out for my friend's game on Monday. :D