Strange Night Energies / I’m possibly crackers

Jacko85

Hi all,

This is something I’ve been meaning to clear up for a while because quite frankly it perplexes me. Hopefully you guys and gals can help me to understand what the heck is going on with me! I’ll do my best to explain but I’ve never been good at expressing my feelings so you’ll have to bear with me :)

Basically, when I go outdoors at night (it has to be outdoors, I’m fine indoors) I feel some kind of energy wash over me. It’s kind of an empowering energy… like a breath of fresh air, but it also carries with it (in addition to what seems to be a revitalising sensation that leaves me feeling sharper, both physically and mentally) great mystery and wonder, like the night is hiding something. It’s almost as if the night is dangling something in front of me like a carrot on a stick, teasing me to look deeper and deeper into the darkness.

I feel more alive at night somehow, but I just don’t understand it. I’m not exactly fond of the dark because I’ve seen one too many horror movies :D Maybe that’s what it is? Some kind of weird psychological trickery?

Ah that sounds rubbish. I told you I’m not very good at explaining things :(

I guess in a nutshell the night does something weird to me. I was hoping you might be able to enlighten me as to the energies at work during the night. At first I tried to disregard this feeling as something a bit silly, but it’s been persistent for a number of years now and, thanks to recent (but thus far basic) studies into spirituality etc, I’ve become aware of various energies that are at work all around us. I’ve never read anything that relates even remotely to what happens to me though.

Maybe I’m just crackers :D

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance,

- Paul

Milfoil

I don't think you are crackers Paul but pretty normal really and these sorts of feelings are shared by most of us.

Nightime is not our natural time to be out in the world so to speak. Humans are not physically or emotionally evolved to be out in the open at night, we don't have that good night sight or hearing - its our natural time to sleep.

However, nature has given us a very good heightened sense of awareness when we do have to be out at night, we are on edge, much more alert to what might be a danger in the darkness. A street we would walk down without even a 2nd thought in the daylight is more carefully considered at night.

I think you are feeling what 99% of us feel when we are out at night - awe, aprehension, a slight 'out of place' sort of feeling and an odd sense of freedom from the norm (vampire/horror writers have been playing on these feelings sucessfully for many years!)

inanna_tarot

Perhaps the moon effects you more?
Coming up to Full this week the Moon effects us all in some weird way, and if you focus on becoming sensitive to it then it will make the nights feel special :) Some cycles when I forget what happening I can 'sniff' where the moon's phase is.
Or maybe i'm just wacko too hehe.

Psychologically though the night is affects humans in very strange ways :)

sezo
x

sharpchick

I've always been a night time person trapped in a day time world. In addition to what Milfoil says, you might consider the following:

In warm weather, the night air is cooler, not as dense and easier to breathe. Pollen counts are generally lower in the early evening, although toward dawn, if there has not been a breeze, pollen becomes more concentrated. Moonlight is more shimmery to me, probably because it is reflected light, not source light as is the sun. During humid nights, the dewpoint is reached pretty quickly, which rather than feeling "sticky" as my son says, feels refreshing to me. There's usually less outside noise at night, and you can hear the sounds of nature better.

In short, aside from the mystic quality of the night, I just feel physically better outdoors at night - freer, if you will.

RufusJ

I feel more alive at night, outside in the night. My energy levels rise and I want to run. Anywhere so long at it's in the dark. A moonlit field makes me want to ditch my car and run, run, run-- always headed toward the moon.

RufusJ

Jacko85

Thanks guys, that's helped me to better undestand why I feel so strange at night :)

psychic sue

I feel it's your connection to nature. Do you live in the countryside? I have a friend who only feels at peace walking in the woods. Maybe you are the same?

zorya

because this is not a divination topic, this thread will be moved to the spirituality forum.

it will remain here for 24 hours, so our non-subscribing participants may view the replies.

bright blessings,
zorya
moderator, divination

Jacko85

Sorry about that :(

psychic sue - I do live near to countryside and I too feel at peace when I'm surrounded by nature.

BellaD

I rarely see auras, but at nighttime I see patches of a "computer screen blue" colored energy all over the place. I think there is a healing, cooling, peaceful energy that washes over the earth at nighttime. I often see the same color surrounding newly fallen snow or rain.