What I charge (just for info)

agedog1

I read professionally, and ONLY by referral.
Readings start at $50US (these are done face to face). Telephone
readings are the same price but they must call (as I do not include
phone charges), and Telephone readings are only done on CURRENT
clients and in and EMERGENCY.

Chere

Dean

U.k

Hi there.
well my Homepage is in the middle of being up-dated to paypal, and thats how i will be paid from now on, other then being paid by cash and bank cheques.

My reading's are charged between £15 - £25 and both of these charges are based on a different style of spread, that can give a certain answer or out-come.

The £15 is for a Timed event that the querent has been waiting for, or it can be used for a yes or no answer, which i go into how this will happen and what to expect.

The £25 is for a big spread with a large number of cards that is usually for the querent who is just seeking answers in their life, or where they are heading in their relationships, work-job, etc.

Jacko85

I had my cards read professionally back in December (at present I’m only good enough to do basic readings). The lady I went to see charged me £20 and, if I recall correctly, used three separate spreads to tell me what was going on in my life. They were all pretty in depth – she must’ve been speaking to me for the best part of an hour.

Best 20 quid I ever spent too!

SunChariot

I need advice on this. I have a full time job that I don't want to quit, at least for now. But I would like to get a web site where I can do Tarot readings. A normal reading for me would usually take 1 1/2 to 3 hours, so I can't do more than one a day. I want Paypal, but if I make it automatic, I am afraid that 3-4 people could show up the same day wanting readings done all that day.

Is there any way to have people write me (I was thinking a form on the site) to check my availability, and discuss what they want, question...and then once we have agreed, then send them a PayPal link by e-mail?

Bar

Tarotwytch

Hi SunChariot,
I have exactly that on my website. The client fills in a form which gets sent to my email. I then reply and send them a Paypal invoice and any message I want to send. When the payment has cleared I do the reading and send it to them.

SunChariot

Tarotwytch said:
Hi SunChariot,
I have exactly that on my website. The client fills in a form which gets sent to my email. I then reply and send them a Paypal invoice and any message I want to send. When the payment has cleared I do the reading and send it to them.

Thanks so much. I feel better now that someone else has the same system and it is working for them. By the way, I know nothing about using PayPal as a merchant, although I have used them tons as a buyer. Any info about being a PayPal merchant would be welcome too.

I was advised by the friend who is going to make my website, who is also about to become a professional designer to put a form and not my e-mail address on my page. That way you don't get inundated with junk mail from people who have found the address there for other purposes.

And btw, I love your site! I have been looking around at different Tarot sites getting ideas of what I want to do. I learnt a lot from yours.:grin: Thanks,

Bar

Tarotwytch

Hi Sunchariot,
With reference to the email address - I used a spam free email signature generator from:

www.privacysig.com

This means that the spammer's robot can't find you as the image can't be read by robots - only by humans...in theory.
And it's a free service.

fairyhedgehog

That's so cool Tarotwytch. I've got myself a new image signature, and I'm combining it with a www.spamgourmet.com address that I can change whenever my spam count gets too high! Thank you :)

firecatpickles

I just started professionally as a spiritual advisor (in Florida, "consultations are for enetertainment purposes...") and I charge $25 in 30 minute increments.

I decided on this because it suits my personal style of reading in which I do a number of 5-15 card readings till all my querents' questions are answered. After half-an-hour I ask, "It's been 30 minutes, will that be all or shall we continue?"

My first reading I made $100 and got a $20 tip!

KK
:THANG

Shade

I scheduled a reading with a client a few months back and told her the price would be $30 for a half hour and $50 for a full hour. She got very flustered and told me she thought that she was just to pay what she wanted at the end. Not having any kind of reference for what to do in this situation I lowered it to $40 for a full hour. I ended up going into overtime by 20 minutes and did not get any extra moola from her. The other day she left a voicemail to schedule a reading and asked for a "good price." I feel pretty guilty but I just erased the voicemail.

This was such a contrast from a party I read for. I charged $100 and ended up reading for 4 1/2 hours straight. The hostess was so surprised and happy she tipped me $50.