Planet Series: The SUN & MARS

stardancer

dadsnook2000 said:
With your Mars so active in your personality, we have to look for outlets in your chart. Mars' strongest aspects are, of course, the opposition to Venus and Jupiter. I feel awkward saying you should divert your energies into having a more active sex life -- as is suggested by combining Venus-Mars-Jupiter but those symbologies might help. Dave

My husband sure isn't awkward about suggesting it, lol. I write erotic romance. I'm not published yet, but working towards that goal. I may tone it down to spicy, who's to say. When you're starting out, the publisher has a lot of say of what you write and don't write.

Thanks, Dave.

huredriel

Hi Dave,

Not quite sure if I've worked this out correctly or not but:

Sun - Leo - 26/31 - House 10
Mars - Leo - 8/51 - House 9

At astro.com, no major aspects noted for these two.

So I take it that the distance between Sun and Mars is 313 degrees? So not sure if I am correct and Changer Phase or slightly out and in Prophet phase ..... seems very tight to me.

x Huredriel

SirenRising

forgot the degrees...

Sun Virgo 13°38'46
Mars Cancer 18°56'25

dadsnook2000

Comments

For stardancer. Well, I've always said that symbols will always look for any way to express themselves, and will also seek to express themselves in as many ways as is possible. Erotic Romance writing certainly qualifies nicely, and I guess having an expectant husband works also. LOL. Just love this astrology stuff.

For huredriel. You are in the Prophet phase as Mars is behind the Sun as seen and measured in zodiac/degree sequence. So, meditate on how that phase definition might work for you. Dave

stardancer

dadsnook2000 said:
For stardancer. Well, I've always said that symbols will always look for any way to express themselves, and will also seek to express themselves in as many ways as is possible. Erotic Romance writing certainly qualifies nicely, and I guess having an expectant husband works also. LOL. Just love this astrology stuff.

I couldn't have said it better... symbols looking for any outlet. I never realized up until a few years back, how strong Mars was in my chart. It's connected to virtually all my personal planets. I get myself into trouble because of it. The devil is Mars, not Pluto. ;)

Well, that's not to say I don't enjoy it sometimes.

huredriel

dadsnook2000 said:
PRHOPHET PHASE:, 315 to 360 degrees.
This is the giving up one life and moving to another life significator. Three names that I quickly came up with having this phase in their charts have all achieved fame or position in one arena and then moved on to seek something different in their lives. How they move towards a "new them" is, as it is for all of us, very personal and unique -- there is no pattern to transformation it seems. One characteristic seems to be that one uses past abilities in some way to bring about new situations.

Yes I have made several changes in my life ....... creating a somewhat *new* me with a blend of the old ....... and looking for the new. Once I make a decision to do something far reaching ...... I then act on it quite quickly ......... leaving the Army .... total change of lifestyle ....... leaving the martial arts field ....... again a total change of lifestyle ..... so I imagine that the fiery Leo Mars is what pushes my determination and I also go by much gut instinct ..... the fiery Leo Sun?

So trying to blend in the houses ....... getting into Tarot ..... and the journey that it's leading me on ....... (9th house?) is definitely changing the structure of my life and changing my development of my whole *self* (10th house?). Actually my mother said something to me very recently ..... why do I have to pursue everything so wholeheartedly ..... when I choose to really do something ...... I put everything into it so that it almost ;) takes over my life (of course she doesn't understand about Tarot addiction :D)) ..... this to me would the Leo Sun/Mars combo.

sarai21

My Mars sits at 25deg22 Sag in the 12th house and Sun at 16deg38 Aquarius in the first. This, if my calcs are right, is the Changer phase. I agree with the "Do, show" part of this phase. I have an innate need to change things "for the better" and get quite frustrated with people who may drag their feet. Some may call this bossy? So I don't generally try to offer advice or guidance even if it is called for for fear of a negative reaction. However, when I am placed in a situation to show or teach I am unable to focus and become quite dazed. I become completely unable to convey any information in a logical manner. What is the factor that would cause this?

dadsnook2000

sarai21

You said, "So I don't generally try to offer advice or guidance even if it is called for for fear of a negative reaction. However, when I am placed in a situation to show or teach I am unable to focus and become quite dazed. I become completely unable to convey any information in a logical manner."

With your Mercury so close to the Sun, the Sun overpowers Mercury -- your will and focus becomes more to the front and the logical, thinking, storing and retrieving process for using memories and facts can be minimized under stress. Put this together with two other factors: Your Mars is in the changer phase, "Actions may speak lounder than words" for you. Sun is in a loose trine with Uranus and Saturn, "The sense of self contends with walking a line between conservativism and excitement -- choices, choices, choices."

Its possible that you would do better if you could demonstrate something rather than explain it. When answering questions, you need a set of stock processing patterns. When talking in a business or large group situation always take a conservative approach. With friends, take the exciting approach. Find quiet times where the ego, will and sense of self are not an issue -- use these quiet times to use Mercury to be logical and set some rules for yourself in the various social and interaction situations you are involved in. Role play -- if someone does/asks this, then I will do/say that, etc. This develops "tools" for you to manage better all of those Mercury functions so that you can better express yourself. Dave

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
The Sun and Mars relationship paints a picture of our personal expression and means of being ourselves within our world. For awhile, I'd like to explore some of the phase relationships between these two astrological bodies much like what was done in the Sun-Moon series. Later, we will look at the list participants charts and add the House meanings into our comments.

ANALYST PHASE: 135 to 180 degrees.
These people bring an increasing skill set to their activities, always seeking improvement and new approaches to winning in their struggles to be. First one approach to life, then anothr approach to life as if they were writing different chapers in their book of life.
** Tiger Woods, 159 degrees, world famous golfer, starting at an early age.
** John Kerry, 172 degrees, politician, war hero.
** Martin Luther King, 146 degrees, civil rights activist and cause leader.
** Jimmy Carter, 137 degrees, naval officer (atomic subs), politician, leader of various peace initiatives.
Aspects in this phase: Sesquiquadrate, Inconjunct.

At this point, we should consider the Sun and Mars in our own chart, the phase and/or aspect that might be in effect, and the way each of them can express themselves in terms of the house they are in. So, those who wish to talk about their charts, we will focus on:
1) Sun-Mars Phase or tight aspect and how you thing that works out for you.
2) Sun & its house, Mars & its house and how both work together.

I have this Analyst phase where my Sun is in the 9th house to my Mars in the 2nd House.
I think that through my interests in developing a personal philosophy(9th), I am able to improve my values, including how I value myself(2nd). I do have an overwhelming feeling to "overcome" personal problems, they seem to always be in my upper most mind. Sometimes I suspect that I am a bit too self-absorbed, but really "need" to get myself straight, better. It's a tug of war, some days seem like I'm making strides and other days, like I've taken 2 steps back. Still this is what I care about because when I look back, I can see improvements and that inspires me.

Esme

dadsnook2000 said:
CHANGER PHASE: 270 to 315 degrees.
In this phase, it seems the Sun and Mars have better learned to manage their paired engergies. This is a leadership position, a means/skill/ability to inspire others by ones own efforts and achievements. Because of the power of these two astrological bodies, inspire and lead may be overly mild words. Perhaps the words urge, show, or do-this might be better.
** Serena Williams, 312 degrees, one of two sister tennis stars.
** Ruth Westhiemer, 300 degrees, grandmother who counsels others on sex issues.
Aspects in this phase: Closing square, Sextile, Closing Semi-square

/snip/

1) Sun-Mars Phase or tight aspect and how you thing that works out for you.
2) Sun & its house, Mars & its house and how both work together.

IF I got it right, this should be my phase. Sun (4th hs) sextile Mars (3rd) is the tightest major aspect on my chart, so it is supposed to give lot of energy and stamina and strength and energetic expression of core being. I have energy and can be martian with words, but leadership of any kind doesn't appeal at all. If anything I do or say inspires someone, that is great indeed.