All-purpose Outcome Spread

Sinner

This was something I thought of quite suddenly, but realised it can become very useful and practical if used well.

For all those times when the querent is faced with uncertainty or difficult situations in which any number of things could happen.
This can be used to provide simple, clear and generally quick answers.

------------------3------4--
---1-------2------5------6--
------------------7------8--

1- Situation:
(the significator may go before this) This describes the situation the querent is in, and the difficulties or challenges faced at the time. This seeks to give the querent more knowledge of their situation, and put their challenges into context.

2- Solution:
What the querent needs to do in order to move on, solving the problems and answering challenges. This may be advice on what the best course is to follow, or it may point out important things to consider.

The remaining cards outline the various outcomes that are most likely to arise from the situation and also what is needed most for those outcomes to become realised.

3- Outcome #1
5- Outcome #2
7- Outcome #3
These describe the most likely future situation which can result as a direct cause of te current situation.

4- What is needed for Outcome #1 to occur
6- What is needed for Outcome #2 to occur
8- What is needed for Outcome #3 to occur
These give advice, and may reveal the actions necessary, in order to bring ablout the outcome they are related to.

The aim of the spread is to allow you to choose which outcome you would prefer to fulfill and then show you the path towards it, rather than confining the answer to only one possible solution. Choose which path to take, which outcome is most favourable to you, and follow the guidance which follows the outcome card..

It is important to note that there are often many more than three outcomes, I have simply showed a 3 outcome spread as an example. You may lay as many more cards as you like in addition, by adding the "Outcome - Necessary Actions" pair of cards below the third outcome.
So the 4th Outcome would be cards 9 & 10 below 7 & 8 and so on.

This means you can choose how many outcomes to look into. It would take forever to analyse all the outcomes, which is why the first outcome is the most likely, and the lower down the outcomes occur, the less likely they will be, although still possible.

So you could continue to use up cards untill you get an outcome you like, and then follow the advice. Useful for those who despair at the idea of the inevitability of fate I guess..

This is a very broad spread overall, designed to be practical for a great variety of situations. I have found it extremely helpful for myself so I thought it may turn out useful for others aswell. Please try it out and tell me what you think

Thanks
-Sinner

Unknownspirit

I just tried it out with my thoth deck for a reading about school. I think it worked really well! This was just the spread I needed. Thanks for posting it.

Baroli

Thanks so much for posting this spread. This is something I have been looking for and it fits the current circumstance I find myself. Talk about synchronicity!

Baroli52

Granville

Thank you for posting this spread. I think it will work in a multitude of situations. I will be sure to try in soon.

Sinner

Great, I've designed it to be very flexible like that so it can fit around any situation and as something relatively simple to fall back on when you need answers so its good to see that it helps

Blessed_Rose

Tried this spread out tonight and got the same "outcome" for all 3 "paths. So, I guess I know the answer to my question- keep pushing the issue and be forceful, yet diplomatic in my approach. Looking forward to the end result to see how everything comes together.

Rose Lalonde

I know it's been years since you posted, but I wanted to say thanks for this interactive spread! I chose to lay out the 3 choices as you had it. The 'what's needed' cards made a lot of sense to me, and my choices could be summarized as positive change through teamwork and determination, no change through comfortable behavior that's in a bit of a rut, or an uncertain future based on optimism and cheerfulness but no willingness to do the hard work. Though the choice of positive change was a no brainer for me, the other two paths helped to put it in perspective, especially how easy it would be to go with no change. It felt like a comprehensive answer.

Thanks!