Project: Scrying For Beginners I

MareSaturni

Hi!

I decided to create another thread, so we can really start our practice. As i stated previously, i'm a beginner just like you so i won't be teaching anyone...i thought of this project so we could gather information together and have partners to tell our experiences.

So, the first thing i'd like to know is...what will you use to scry? Water? A crystal ball? You coffee mug?
I'd also like to know a bit about your previous experiences...what you tried to do, why it worked, why it didn't work, which was your greatest difficulty and any other information you feel like sharing!
I believe this will help us to notice how we can improve, if we are doing something that doesn't work to us etc.

Last but not least, i'd like to know if there are any more experienced scryer/seer who would be willing to help us in anyway?
I've seem some people giving ideas/tips in the first post, and i'd love if they kept doing so :)

That's it for now!
Ah, any suggestions of good sites about scrying is also welcome!

~Yuko

SfB Project Thread:
Scrying for Beginners...a project.

huredriel

Hiya,

Method - Well I have a scrying mirror, which my Mum got me for Christmas :).

Practice - Have only tried it a couple of times, and not really seen anything. Though I have had thoughts pop into my head (much like when I do tarot).

Idea/tip - ensure you connect and center, with protective circle around before you begin.

x Huredriel

MareSaturni

My experience

I'll be using to scry a big dark-blue (non-opaque) cup i own. It's filled with spring water, and charged under the full moonlight monthly. The water is changed every full moon!
For now, i just don't have money to get a decent mirror or a crystal ball.

In my previous experiences i...saw nothing. And for reason, i was scared to seeing in the cup for too long, under that dim light...as if i was afraid of what would show up. I believe this happened because i didn't protect myself. I'll have to learn to do that.
My other greatest difficulty is to concentrate and relax. Common difficulty.

My tip is something i've been taught by a friend...she told me that you should charge your speculum monthly under the full moon light. And never let it exposed to sunlight!

That's it, for now :)

~Yuko

Unknownspirit

For Scrying I use water in a small dark blue dish, and I before I read I go out side and get a reflection of the moon in the water. I think that my problem is that my mind wanders to much, so I sometimes catch myself thinking of other things.

Sheri

I have never scryed before, but I am going to try by using the same medium as Tk2dsky suggested in the other thread....mug of black coffee! I have a really big one that I have used as a bowl in the past.

I am going to try to protect myself using :love: huredriel's :love: technique. :D

valeria :)

Tk2dsky

I have never really attempted scrying, other than soft focusing my eyes on a mirror during meditation, so I am basically a novice. I do have a small crystal ball I may eventually try. For starters I will use my morning cup of coffee. I did pick up a frame, and am going to make my own scrying mirror eventually (maybe with the full moon) Here are some directions I found online for anyone else who may want to try:

How to Make a Black Scrying Mirror

Why spend $50.00, $100.00, or $150.00, dollars on a scrying mirror.
Make your own for less than $5.00. Here's how!

1. Find yourself an old wooden or metal picture frame. Make sure that the frame is a dark color, as shiny frames tend to reflect in the finished mirror. I prefer an oval or even better a round frame of about 12" in diameter. Don't get one too big; you will want to carry it around sooner or later. With very little effort these can be found for a couple of dollars at any second hand store, antique shop, or Goodwill Store. Flee markets, garage sales, and swap meets are a gold mine for these frames and I have bought beautiful ones for as little as .25 cents. Don't bother if the frame is a little beat up, you can always paint or refinish it, but be sure the glass is unscratched and clear. For a dollar or two glass can be replaced. I have also bought a round piece of glass and lead trim from a stained glass supply house and made some beautiful gifts from these. I have even trimmed them in stained glass. Total cost? About $20.00.

2. Buy a can of high gloss spray enamel paint. Read the label and make sure it is good for glass. Some paints are not. This can be found at any hobby shop, or hardware store.

3. Remove the glass and clean it well with a good glass cleaner. Let it dry for several hours.

4. Place the clean glass on a large piece of newspaper, being careful to handle it by the edges so as not to get finger oil on the surface. Spray paint the glass using quick even light passes back and forth until the glass is covered completely. WARNING! do not allow the paint to run! If you do the painting outdoors, be sure it is a sunny windless day. You do not want the paper or other debris to blow onto the wet paint and it takes several hours to dry so as to be hand led.

5. Apply a second coat if necessary, but for the best effect it is best to do this in one coat. The mirror effect will be flawless that way.

6. Place the glass back into the finished frame and you have your Black Scrying Mirror. Believe me, it is every bit as good as any you can find for sale.

7. Empower the mirror with a Full Moon Spell or any spell which works for you. Once consecrated it is infused with your own personal magnetism and should not be handles by anyone else. If someone picks it up, reconsecrate it.

I will definitely surround myself with protective light before I start. I will also ask for Archangel Uriel's help in my new adventure.
B*B
Ericka

Rhiamon

I would love to do this too! I have a small crystal ball that I have tried using before, but my best friend bought me this HUGE beautiful one for Yule, and I cannot wait to try it out...I have been wanting to make the scrying mirror too, thanks for sharing the instructions Ericka :thumbsup:

Sheri

I have an iMac - one of the newer models and I splurged for the 20inch screen. So I have a huge flat black area at my eye level at my disposal. The surface is not reflective at all and there is no light over me to cause a reflection. I wonder if I could try scrying with it?

valeria :)

Téa

I use a crystal ball that I find magnetic to my third eye. The challenge consists in not trying to direct the images that come to you yourself, not be judgmental about the impulses. It is really just a method of allowing yourself to connect with your inner self. What makes it difficult though is that it takes such a long time to reach a place and space in time where the images just flow to you. You have to be patient.

catlin

Method: either a bowl filled with black ink (dissolved in water) or a blue glass ball or a candle.

Experience: with the bowl and ink res the candle I get impressions but no pictures, with the ball I see pictures.