Planet Series: The Sun & Jupiter

dadsnook2000

For huredriel

Optimistic Pessimist ? --- That would be Sun square Neptune. Sun's vitality, joy and will is challenged (square) by Neptune's illusions, fears, uncertainty. This is another of those building blocks that have to be considered within the chart. The art is putting them together such that we can understand them or explain them to another. Dave.

dadsnook2000

For Astrid O

You noted . . . So, in this repsect, it does resonate. Jupiter is in a trine with my Sun, and also with my Venus.(Jupiter is at 5 degrees Scorpio, in the 8th House)

Well, Sun is conjunct the "minor benefic" and trine the "major benefic" -- what more do you want? Of course you can do it, you can screw up and still come up smelling like roses. Dave.

dadsnook2000

For SirenRising

You have two acute patterns -- Sun conjunct Saturn, and both of those opposite the Moon. These will probably over ride much of your chart in terms of their influence.

By themselves, these pairs suggest:
** Sun conj. Saturn: Inhibition, seriousness, difficult struggles in life.
** Sun opp. Moon: Fluctuations in being balanced or in uncertainty. To know, do, or don't do -- that is the question.
** Saturn opp. Moon: A conflict within your identity or past hinders your achieving balance quickly.

You can put these elements together in terms of your enviornment and social structures. Chances are the basic symbols will work out in several different variants.

dadsnook2000

For squeakmo9

You have much the same experience in this regard as I have had. Read my posting early in this thread. We do the same thing, only different, try to achieve the same things but end up with a variant. Are we following a well-trod path or are we in a inter-generational rut? Dave

dadsnook2000

For Crystelle

Actually, your Sun-Jupiter is in the Performer Phase and approaching the Prophet Phase. So, you need to think in terms of obviously using this phase as well as taking a relatively short-term approach so that you can convert this plus by somehow giving it away or sharing it. Dave

Let us know, this sounds fascinating.

huredriel

Thanks Dave,

Much appreciated. I'm still trying to work out how the Sun and Jupiter act together *house-wise* ... both in 10th .... occupation and calling (from astro?) ..... hmmm maybe I'm in the wrong job, cos I would have thought that these two would be more in the *caring* sector (I'm in the legal arena LOL).

x Huredriel

dadsnook2000

For huredriel

When using "transiting-type" charts such as Solar Returns, Lunar Returns and daily-progressed Solar Returns, the Sun represents authorities and recognition while Jupiter represents (among other things) legalities, social programs, etc. Dave

huredriel

Many thanks Dave :)

Crystelle

dadsnook2000 said:
Actually, your Sun-Jupiter is in the Performer Phase and approaching the Prophet Phase. So, you need to think in terms of obviously using this phase as well as taking a relatively short-term approach so that you can convert this plus by somehow giving it away or sharing it. Dave
Let us know, this sounds fascinating.

PERFORMER PHASE: 0 to 45 degrees; Sun to Jupiter.
One gravitates toward, or acts as if, one (who) was wealthy, generous, and highly optimistic. One tends to "live large" and encourage others, enjoys the fruits of life and is highly gregarious in nature. The only aspect that might occur in this phase is the opening semi-sextile

Approaching -->
PROPHET PHASE: 315 to 359 degrees; Sun to Jupiter
One might lay out paths and visions for others, one bequeaths to others as a way of streamlining ones life and way of life. Wealth and resources become a tool for the benefit of others or to escape a life style that is no longer attractive.

This sounds like me! Funny that I thought maybe I was more a Performer phase and it turns out that I was! I am very gregarious, I love life and I love living life. I always tend to attract very wealthy people and very broke people -- they share my outlook on money, it is to be spent for enjoyment, hoarding it does no good! LOL I am always trying to be the good hostess, making sure everyone has fun, including everyone in the discussion. I am constantly trying to find ways to help people around me advance. I help market my BF's business for free, I help people put together budgets, I got two of my friends jobs (that they both love!) when they needed them. I think this is a much better fit than my calculations....
Dadsnook, what did I do wrong in the math? Thanks!

Crystelle

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
You have much the same experience in this regard as I have had. Read my posting early in this thread. We do the same thing, only different, try to achieve the same things but end up with a variant. Are we following a well-trod path or are we in a inter-generational rut? Dave

I know that I'll probably have to get off this well worn path sooner or later but haven't figured on how to apply what it is I can offer in another capacity, another field. So, for me, that would be a "yes" to both the well-trod path and inter-generational rut, at least now I have a name for the discomfort I was feeling these past few years:)