What's your Soul's Urge?

darwinia

kerrip said:
PS. Yes Babs, your numbers added up to 20 = 2+0=2. If they had added up to 11 then you would have kept that rather than reduce it down to the 2.

Actually it adds up to 11. Since 11 is a Master Number and kind of special because you don't reduce it, what does that mean?

Sorry, should clarify--when you added it up at the secondary point, you didn't reduce the 11 for the last name which is why you got 20, but shouldn't the numbers be added and then reduced only at the end?

Just a sec. . . should have copied Babs' numbers:

My first name adds up to 3
my middle name is 15=6
and my last name is 11=2

3 + 6 + 2 = 11

But you are saying

3 + 6 + 11 = 20 because the 11 should "never" be reduced. I understood from other web site systems that numbers are not reduced until the end.

Therefore:

3 + 15 + 11 = 29
= 11

Which stays as 11 because it's a Master number.

Sorry, I'm thoroughly confused.

kerrip

Quote:
my middle name is 15=6
and my last name is 11=2

Okay the way I look at is that the 11 stays as is and I added 3 (first name) + 6 (middle name) +11 (last name)=20 which then reduces to the 2.

The way you suggested with the 3+15+11=29 I don't see as the right way because the 15 wasn't reduced.

I know it can be confusing, and I also know that different people will reduce the numbers their own ways. That's fine. I just go with the way I learnt it.

Kerri

SunChariot

kerrip said:
Quote:
my middle name is 15=6
and my last name is 11=2

Okay the way I look at is that the 11 stays as is and I added 3 (first name) + 6 (middle name) +11 (last name)=20 which then reduces to the 2.

The way you suggested with the 3+15+11=29 I don't see as the right way because the 15 wasn't reduced.

I know it can be confusing, and I also know that different people will reduce the numbers their own ways. That's fine. I just go with the way I learnt it.

Kerri

Thanks, I was confused too. LOL Now I get it, it's cause I reduced the 11 in my last name, when I shouldn't have.

Babs

darwinia

kerrip said:

Right, and the way you suggest is not the way I do it, I wait until the very end to reduce, which is a classical problem in numerology, and a matter of personal preference as noted here:

http://www.decoz.com/Calculations.htm

It does tend to skew the numbers though which seems to defeat both systems.

His way of calculating the Soul Urge or Heart's Desire number is the same as yours - by reducing immediately and not reducing Master Numbers at any time.

I think this is why I was never much interested in numerology, because different people use different methods of calculation! Yikes, people are so illogical.

aria

kerrip said:
Hi Aria

People with a soul urge 4 are usually quite orthodox in outlook and not given to emotional outbursts. Does this sound familiar to you?

Kerri

hmm...not really...i'm lil conservative but not orthodox!!

Crystelle

kerrip said:
Yes, you're right I should have given the y=7 for cases like yours where the y really should be read as a vowel. I'm glad you figured it out.
Can I ask you a question? Did you use your full birth name or just your first name?

I used my full birth name but I see that I did the 7 part wrong let me re-calculate:

First name = 17 = 1+7 = 8
MIDDLE = 7
Last Name = 14 = 1+4 = 5

8+7+5 = 20 =2+0 = 2

So I guess I am a two afterall!

levannah60

when I was growing up, the vowels were 'A,E,I,O,U...' and 'sometimes Y'. Does 'Y' Count?

levannah60

Opps...that was allready answered, sorry!