The Ocean Oracle: Journey to the Shore and Beyond...

Satori

Wow, busy thread here!

I used to find razor clam shells on the beach all the time as a child...never knowing I was finding compassion.

lark, I'm not sure if you are saying that the earth is withholding compassion from us by not spitting up the razors or if some people don't find them as much anymore because they lack compassion...

I know that I noticed I couldn't find any sand dollars on the beaches here. And then last summer suddenly there was a single sand dollar for me on the beach. I was thrilled.

And our money situation has been improving steadily, so for me, sand dollar did seem to herald a new phase for me.

I can tell all of you that I am eager for our trips to the beach this summer. I am very excited to see what kinds of shells I find and what I am open to receive. I feel that suddenly there are all kinds of options opening up for me and for the family. There is a new energy around all of us and I am pretty amazed by it all.

As for our study threads with Ocean Oracle, let's do between 5-10 shells, with no more than 10 shells per thread, and break them down according to the groupings Shelley listed. Some shells naturally will get more attention and more discussion, so if we find a thread getting too big we'll cap it, even if say we have only 4 shells up for discussion in the thread. So we won't close the thread, we'll just keep it to the number of shells in the thread and open a new set of threads from there.

I think if we play it by ear and remain a little loose we'll be led by the shells in the end!

Simone, should we open the threads ahead of time?
We already have several shells here in this thread, why don't we split off these shells according to their groups and go from there???

That means some work for our moddie.....so please say if that is too much Simone.

I'm very excited about our study here.
And I'm kicking myself for not buying a book on the St. James shell journey, the Scallop. It was a beautiful red leather bound book with little scallops all over it....I think I'll call them and have them hold it for me.

peace everyone! Happy shell journeys!

lark

elf said:
lark, I'm not sure if you are saying that the earth is withholding compassion from us by not spitting up the razors or if some people don't find them as much anymore because they lack compassion...
I think a little bit of both.

Skydancer

I definitely feel that it is us, as a people, who do not have as much compassion as we used to; Gaia wouldn't withhold it. It's our fault - the consequences of our actions. And it is up to us to turn it around.

*S*

lark

Skydancer said:
I definitely feel that it is us who do not have compassion: Gaia wouldn't without it. It's our fault - the consequences of our actions.

The good news is that we can fix it!

*S*
Who would blame poor Gaia if she did withhold a little of her compassion...she has been so patient with us.
We need a wake up call so we can fix it.
And I think in so many ways in nature we are seeing that in the world today.

But yes people are so without compassion now....everyone lives for themselves.
I am guilty of it myself.
But that little Razor Clam is getting into my psyche now! :)

Simone

Excellent idea, to play it by ear, elf.

now as to splitting off the shells already covered - Can it wait until I am actually awake? ;)

shall i set up an index at the same time, while i am at it? I also might need some guidance as to which category the different shells belong to - I have to admit, since I had forgotten I HAD the oracle, I had not studied it in detail yet... and not used it.

Satori

Behaviour, Interaction, Name and Appearance, Intuition are indeed the four categories.

Let's do headings like this:

Ocean Oracle Study:Behaviour Group:#'s 36,58,44,23,32

Listing the numbers in the thread title will give us more room.
This group could be an actual group since some of the shells I listed are in the thread we have already.

I'll go pick out the other shells we have started to discuss and add a few more. Does this help Simone?

Satori

Shelley, I was dreaming again about the shells.
I was wondering, the series of shells we have talked about, how they would lay out in a reading...
As in, why this group of shells? What does this group of shells say about us in the study group and why is this grouping this series of shells working together to introduce us to Ocean Oracle.

So, in my dream this is exactly what we did.
We looked at the series of shells in this thread and put them together to make a reading. And we took janthina from the other thread too...was that the only shell over there that we talked about? Or was it another shell?

shell oracle

Shells on this thread:
Pearl Oyster 44 (seeing the gift in the situation)
Sand dollar 95 (recognizing that you are not a victim)
Chambered Nautilus 36 (a pattern that needs your attention to be healed)
Helmet Conch 22 (someone willing to fight for you)
Cockle 8 (jumping for joy)
Starfish 58 (survival over something that disgusts you)
Razor Clam 94 (compassion)

Shells mentioned on the first thread:
Janthina 23 (clinging to a fantasy)
Long Ribbed Limpet 28 (looking for where the grass is greener-looking outside yourself, but the shell message is to look inside yourself)
Abalone 67 (need to heal emotionally so that it doesn't become a physical problem)
Paua Abalone 66 (don't judge a book by its cover, looking beneath the surface)
Angel wing 2 (feeling trapped, not seeing all the optons)
Bittersweet 4 (concerned about efficiency)

Mentioned but not fully discussed on the first thread:
Paper Nautilus 37 (spiritual birth)
Long-spined star 193 (confronting your destiny)
Sundial 159 (patience)

So, Behavior shells are 2,4,8,22,23,28,36,37,44 and 58
Interaction with Man shells are 66, 67, 94, and 95
Name and Appearance shell 159
Intuition shell 193

It is interesting to me that we never discussed 32 on the thread. Pink Mouth Murex...Inner child shell. That must have stuck with you from the workshop. It would seem that you did just give yourself a reading using the pattern of 36, 58, 44, 23, 32 :)

Skydancer

~~~~~ ELF!! ~~~~~~~~~

WHAT other thread??
I went looking just now but I'm not seeing another thread discussing "Shelley's shells." Where am I to look?? Who is Janthina??

I've been thinking/dreaming of shells too. Revisiting incidents from our 3 years on the lovely tropical island of Guam (35 m. long and 5 m. wide at the widest!!)

We have a few shells from there!! Including one that is rare, but failed to put it in a safe place and now we can't remember which one it is. My husband and older sons took it to the shell club at Anderson AFB and it "got a prize"... so now I'm super fired up again to go through them, with our books, and see if I can still find it. It was SO tiny.

I, too, have mirrors rimmed in shells. Necklaces. Tons of money coweries. Conch or two - lots of pictures of starfish because we let them go after photographing them. Of course. Blue star fish are so cool. Even have a photo of an itty bitty teeny tiny puffer fish who thought he was just the cat's pajamas all puffed up and mighty, swimming in my oldest son's palm!! He was SO indignant when he was lowered into the water again to swim off. Which he couldn't do at first cause he was so full of air!! He just sort of floated off ... :D

Anyway - wonderful memories.
Looking forward to the threads ... and waiting most anxiously for my cards to arrive. I'm taking this "having to wait" as a message. Don't know what it means, but I'm sure there's a message in there someplace!! ;)

S:OL