Tarot Software

blackadder

I'm thinking about downloading a tarot program for the computer. I was wondering if anybody used a program or could recommend a good one. I'm looking for one that allows you to keep a tarot diary and possible help intepret card meanings or have meanings on the program. I would like to be able to see the Tarot cards in the spread I've read them in and in the decks that I use.

jmd

The Forum section Tarot Books & Media has a number of threads on various software programmes.

Depending on the operating system and hardware used, the four seemingly most often mentioned are:
  1. Orphalese (for PC only, and requiring further software);
  2. Wise Tarot (again for PC only);
  3. Tarot Card (Dashboard Widget for OS X 10.4); and
  4. Reading Tarot (again Dashboard Widget)

The last two are very limited in their capacity, though they claim no more than being Dashboard elementary widgets, and the first two seem to be well matched, though being only available for the PC, am relying on hearsay.

With regards to Spirogenics Divinatory Suite, does anyone know the system and hardware requirements?

blackadder

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't realize that there was a section for software, I will have to check it out.

jmd

[Threads merged]

This is the same Widget as my No. 4 above, by the way.

It's extremely limited, but allows a number of spreads, not just the Celtic Cross. There is no choice as to deck, and the meanings assume that the imagery of the Waite-Smith deck.

dadsnook2000

Tarot Magic

I purchased the software, Tarot Magic, the software that is used on the Tarot.com site. It is worth its small price and has a great deal of flexibility as well as being able to print out the readings. Dave

Leletko

Hi there!!!

I'm newby at this forum, spent a lot of time looking for
the better PC tarot software, and finally found this topic!

Thank you, jmd, for the list of programs - they are the best on the
net! :)) It's a pity that this topic is not at the top of the forum
- it could save a time! :)

dadsnook2000, I couldn't find the Tarot Magic demo version -
do they have it, or you need to buy it to try?

dadsnook2000

As I remember it . . .

I believe you go to the tarot.com and ask for a reading. They don't have demo software to download but the program will give you a reading using the same software that they sell.

The software has a number of decks that can be used. When you choose a deck and shuffle it, then read with it, the decks stays in whatever shuffled mix you left it in. If you then go to another deck, you can shuffle that deck and use it. If you go back to the first deck, it is not in perfect/new order, but has remained just as you shuffled it last -- like a real deck.

You can choose from several spreads, you can pick out cards from a fanned out display, you can select specific cards for a spread to see what the reading is like. You can save your spreads and readings or print them out. Readings for a card change context based on where it is in the spread. It is a nice software program to use for learning tarot or getting a reading for yourself. Dave