Scrying with Rocks, Crystals & Other Stuff

Lee

Thanks, jade, and wow, hermit, that was a very interesting and well-written description, thanks so much. I may work up the courage to try it.

-- Lee

the hermit

The road not taken...

Lee said:
Thanks, jade, and wow, hermit, that was a very interesting and well-written description, thanks so much. I may work up the courage to try it.

-- Lee
Lee:
I know of no one ever 'hurt' by exercising their mind. At the very least you may find a way to restful meditation. As Jade suggested, try a semi-darkened room so you'll have a less distractive atmosphere. Pick a quiet time and place that will allow you plenty of undisturbed time for the exercise. Pick whatever method and/or object that makes you feel most comfortable. Relax, breath slowly and deeply and remember to 'unfocus to focus' :)
Don't worry if you don't realize immediate success. Be happy if you do, have fun, enjoy life...

catlin

I have read the T. Andrews book about crystal balls but havn't tried srying with crystal balls as they are pretty expensive here but when I saw a smoke quarzt globe in a gem shop, I felt immediately drawn to it and wanted to get it as soon as I have some cash.

However, yesterday I saw a big calcite globe at a fairly reasonable prize which was even more interesting for me. Normally I am no fan of calcite but when I touched this one, it responded very strongly to me. Maybe I'll get this one instead of the smoke quartz but I am still dreaming of a black onyx globe *sigh*

jade

the one i'm getting today (spoiling myself) is clear :D

i'm so excited.

love
jade

starfish66

I've been wanting a gorgeous amethyst one... a bit beyond my price range, though.

:TMAGE Starfish

Trogon

Resurrecting an interesting thread

Since I have just begun my journey into the world of scrying, I thought I'd resurrect this thread...

This past weekend (July 5th) I finally found a quartz crystal ball which really jumped out at me and screamed "buy me - I'm the one you need!" Well, not exactly screamed - but pretty close. ;) When I walked by my eye was drawn to this one crystal ball out of several others. When I first touched it I felt... a jolt? A surge? Well, whatever it was, it ran up my arms and made my head tingle. I pulled out my pendulum (which I carry almost all the time) and asked "is this the crystal ball which I need for scrying?" I got one of the strongest "yes" answers I've ever gotten with a pendulum. The thing that made it easiest was that this 3-inch crystal ball was only $35 US!

Now... I do have a question for those of you who are "in the know"; There is a general term for a device used for scrying... does anyone know what this word is? This word is kind of like saying "car" and how "car" includes mercedes, ford, chevrolet, sedan, etc...

My first real try with this ball for scrying was yesterday morning... I will post my surprising (to me) results in a separate post...

Astraea

originally posted by Trogon:
There is a general term for a device used for scrying... does anyone know what this word is?
Trogon, I believe the word you are looking for might be "speculum."

Trogon

Astraea said:
Trogon, I believe the word you are looking for might be "speculum."
That sounds like it. :D Thanks Astraea!

Wisp Wings

Mirrored Pyramid

Guess I am adding in a new one here!

Much like Trogon and Catlin, I got my scrying item at a good price. Mine was at a local Fair from a vendor that had gems and decorative items. I did buy an amethyst pendulum and some very small crystals too. My ancestory was known for dowsing. Not sure if this is carried over, but I have had lots of luck in using the pendulum and I am not new to using one. Plus amethyst is very dear to me and one of my stones.

Back to the scrying. Just like Catlin was drawn to "BUY ME!", I was strongly pulled to this mirrored pyramid. I had several times before in shops been attracted to crystal pyramids and I have a huge love for anything/everything crystal. I love 24% lead crystal!! I know this is not the best for meta-uses. I never have as much as I love the crystal pramids felt like this is the time to buy and certainly not with it to have a purpose. So here I was at this vendor's area and I am so drawn to this mirrored pyramid. I immediately knew "scry with it"! So I bought it. I have worked with attuning it to me. I recently searched (a few days after buying it) on a search engine to see if there is this use for these. I didn't come up with one hit! I did learn a lot about scrying in reading though. From what I read and what has been stated in Aeclectic Tarot, I guess anything that can give a reflective image and best to see somewhat through or beyond it a bit will work. I did read many times to have a candle lit with the object between you and the candle and to peer looking at the candle into it. The only thing I found about scrying and a mirror is a black mirror. Instead of the silver paint backing this is black. One site told of making your own.

I haven't yet tried out my mirrored pyramid, but I am strong at receiving mental messages (guidance) and listening well. I do totally believe I was nudged to noticing the crystal ones in months and years past but more as preparing me to this one, that was to come. I know that I was guided to buy and use this mirrored one for this purpose, lol more like pushed (ever so kindly).

Has any of you tried to scry with a mirrored pyramid? I guess the main purpose of these are just to sit out and to look pretty as a decorative piece. Ohhhhhhh! This just brought to me, has anyone used the garden type round balls, the reflective spheres????? I have always loved and wanted one of those!! Humm, perhap a good way to connect my gardening, being in nature, fae and "reflective" time and activity! (Smiles)

cricket

I don't -own- one of the garden looking spheres yet, but did happen to find one at the local Wal-Mart that drew me in. They can be wonderful for scrying! It took just a few seconds for this particular one to grab my attention, and about the same amount of time for things to start showing in it - everybody else that was there must have thought I'd lost my mind. ;)