Scrying with Rocks, Crystals & Other Stuff

Trogon

cricket said:
I don't -own- one of the garden looking spheres yet, but did happen to find one at the local Wal-Mart that drew me in. They can be wonderful for scrying! It took just a few seconds for this particular one to grab my attention, and about the same amount of time for things to start showing in it - everybody else that was there must have thought I'd lost my mind. ;)
Ah yes, Cricket... that is probably the big trick to scrying in public... not caring that people will think you've lost your mind... :D

Hermgirl

Re: Gazing

the hermit said:
Jade:

As for my experience… I learned more or less by accident as a young boy. I've always liked my solitude and often would wander off into the woods when I lived on my grandparent's farm. I would sit under trees and watch the water flowing in a near by creek or visit a small pond I'd found, or just find myself staring at a rock or leaf without really seeing it. I would drift off and 'see' things that often made no sense to me. Adults told me I was just 'daydreaming'.

This is interesting to me as I have found myself going into what I would call "scrying mode" when I would go to this pier on a beach near where I live. I would walk out to the end and would feel very calm after listening to the waves for a while. Then I would look over the edge of the pier and look at the swirling waves below.

After a few minutes of this I would go into a trance, and I would start to "see" flashes of misty color coming up. I'm fairly certain that it wasn't the sunlight playing off the water, because I have also seen it on days when it was rather overcast.

I have also sort of gone into blissed out trances when I see particularly beautiful cloud formations and looking at the full moon or the night sky. I have recently started to look up in the night sky while lying on my back in the grass in the yogic corpse position and have seen those same kind of flashes of color coming down to me from the sky.

I feel that I can receive a lot of power for scrying or channeling, which I used to do a little of years ago, when I spend time in nice outdoor settings. This was a good reminder for me to recharge my batteries this way more often.

cricket

Trogon said:
Ah yes, Cricket... that is probably the big trick to scrying in public... not caring that people will think you've lost your mind... :D
It helps that I used to work there - the employees KNOW I'm off in left field most of the time. Everybody else was just a tourist, so that doesn't matter to me in the least.

Now where did I put that.... *going off in search of a lobe*