Dropped Cards

blackadder

Tonight I was doing a simple three card spread with my Tarot of the Cloisters deck. As I was shuffling, three cards fell out of the deck. I used them in my spread in the order that they fell out. Surprisingly the cards worked well for the spread that I did. I was wondering does anybody else used dropped cards? Or do you put them back into the deck and keep shuffling? Are there any rules about dropped cards?

poivre

I always use the cards that drop out unless
there are too many. Over three, I would put them
back in the deck.

To use them or to put them back in the deck
is your choice, no rules!

ros :)

Michelle

If I drop one - I look at it/ then put it back in the deck and see if it comes up in the spread. If I drop three and I'm doing a three card spread - I use them as the spread.

Blessings,
Michelle

Sigmar

Sometimes I feel liked they dropped out for a reason so I use them, other times I shuffle em back in.

Sheri

I have always heard that it is important to pay attention to cards that pop, fall, or otherwise present themselves during shuffling or handling. I haven't had any present themselves to me yet, but I would probably use them if the number of cards that came out was useful in the spread I was doing, like the example presented ~ needed 3 cards and 3 cards fell out.

valeria :)

Michael

I look at them but put them back in the deck and continue shuffling.

SunChariot

I always use them and so far they have always been relevant and added a lot to the reading. Not only to I use them, btw, I consider them as extra important and as a message the universe considers it very important that I take into consideration. For me I call them flipped cards as they kindof flip out of the deck while shuffling. :grin: But same thing no matter what you call them.

Babs

Elven

Hi blackadder :)

I like to use the jumper cards, and those cards that somewhow turn themselves over (picture up), or around, when shuffling.

Depending on what Im doing - about to do a reading or just thinking about things while shuffling, I will do a few things. Either take a good look at the card - write down my first impressions, and put it back in the deck. Or use it as a signifier for the spread.
They always seem relevant in the reading.

I did a Faeries reading recently, and just used the jump cards in a series of 3 shuffles with a one card draw (or jumper as it turned out to be :)) - it worked out perfectly.

Blessings
Elven x

Lady Orchard

I find that when a card jumps out when shuffling, and I put it back and continue to give them a good old shuffle, more often than not it will also come up in the spread. so I do think there is a significance to it

Dwaas

It feels like there is a difference, the cards that fall because of clumsy shuffling, or the cards that really seem to jump out of the deck. Because of clumsy shuffling, that happens sometimes to me when handling bigger cards, I just put them back. Often they fall with lot of them together so there is no use in remembering the cards :)
When they jump out, and are three or less, I will make notice of it and remember them during the reading, but I put them back in the deck for more shuffling and before making the spread. If there are more than three I try to remember it's general message and try to connect that to the reading.
Blessings