4 of Pentacles and The Devil

Genny

Well, i draw these two cards in that order for my first week.

And already i'm getting the feeling that these two involves Corruption in Business..hehehe.

But i plan to study each card individualy first.

Well, i already made journal entries for these two:

4 of Pentacles - Investments, Entreprenuership
The Devil - Binds, Captive

So far, i figured out what them two tails represent in the Devil card and about the demon-figure in the card. (thanks to you guys) Now i have to wonder about the hand sign that the demon is showing. I don't know if it's actually showing something symbolic.

Fulgour

When I look at The 4 of Pentacles it seems
he may suddenly spin around in a circle...
he has his arms wrapped so tight he could!

If he did that, he could escape XV The Devil.

Genny

hmm..from what i can see in the 4 of pentacles..the person is possibly driven by money or any item. With the Devil impling the disadvantages of obsession to something.. so this two would tell me that the person is too attached with something which can lead him to something bad.

But since i mentioned earlier that both these cards would mean corruption in business..I'd probably relate it to what i said earlier to how would this person deal with his customers.

wow, my first reading just by trying to study each card individualy :D I'm so happy..But really, the first time i got to study the Devil card..it'd scared me. Wait till i get the Death card :D Which would probably wouldn't scare me that much now

When I look at The 4 of Pentacles it seems
he may suddenly spin around in a circle...
he has his arms wrapped so tight he could!

If he did that, he could escape XV The Devil.

Really?..seems that the pentacle that the person is holding seems to look like he's attempting to spin it. Since i don't plan on learning reversal for now..i wonder if the 4 of pentacles is reserved..

Fulgour

Ready for Action or Not..?

I do not look at the cards as if what we are seeing
is really happening to a real person...but like Tarot.

In the world of Tarot the man on the 4 of Pentacles
looks very busy but he is stuck in place there too...

1 on his head (on his Crown, he is someone special),
2 under his feet (did you see: his shoes are untied!),
1 he is holding wrapped within his arms so strangely.

He can not simply stay there like that! What to do?

And remember, he is outside...and he is smiling too!

Fen Windglimmer

Genny said:
..i wonder if the 4 of pentacles is reserved..

Oh definitely. Extremely reserved. And all that stuff he has reserved for himself.

Love and light to all.

Fen

catlin

The guy on the 4 of Pents always reminds me of Dicken's Ebenezer Scrooge, whereas the Devil, now, he is more like (was it Banderas?) the Devil in "The Devil's Advocate" or like J. Nicholson in "The Witches of Eastwick" to me.

job

I see this card as a creator, a magician even. In the background he is actually showing you the fruits of his work. At the centre of the picture Pam is showing us a square within a circle. Bringing to mind not only Leornardo's 'Vitruvian Man' but also roots to a book called 'city planning according to artistic principles' By Camillo Sitte (Originally published in 1889) it has been called the doctrine of the visually ordered city.

"Works of art cannot be created by committee but only by a single individual."
Camille Sitte

...so the architect is king.

The hub of it is about building with inspiration and for the betterment of the people who will live there.
Where I used to live was designed on this principle.