Planet Series: JUPITER

prudence

dadsnook2000 said:
Astrid O and isthmus nekoi, there are no coincidences in terms of your sharing views and practices relative to Jupiter in the 8th house. Each component of the astrological chart has a general meaning. You both have Jupiter in the 8th, you both experience and are aware of that general meaning.

That said, Astrid O, your Jupiter retrograde and Saturn in the 2nd both help to modify the general meaning of Jupiter. Retrogrades often twist or express their meaning in different ways or thru other people. Saturn in the 2nd is a big modifier of your outlook. I think you nailed these conditions quite nicely.

And, isthmus nekoi, your perception of how phases modify your approach to using Jupiter is quite appropriate also.

So, we have two great observations and confirmations here, as well as a good reminder that one component in a chart is not a sure thing. Everything in the chart can play a role in our lives if we let it. Dave

Thanks Dave. It took me so long to post that last reply, you beat me to posting....I will need to go back and look at the other retro planets in my chart, and apply what you said here to them as well.

dadsnook2000

My Jupiter

#6 Ethics and advice, overseeing and management, teamwork.

My Jupiter is at 16-17 Sag in the 6th house, the focus planet of a T-Square between Sun/Neptune and Saturn in the 4-10 axis.

Work always finds me. I always have more work to do then I care to think about. I can change jobs on a whim and have a new job in a new career field within minutes. Highly confident, always looking at the big picture, always advancing or taking charge -- all the Jupiter things. The one thing that doesn't ring true for me is "teamwork", probably an influence of Sag and/or Saturn, as I prefer working in small groups. Yet, I've managed groups and organizations of several hundred people.

Then again, I once founded an astrological study group that grew to over 20 members and which met weekly for seven years. We had a very active program going. On night a lady asked who the President was (it was me) -- I guess I was a little low key at that point but many of us had been so close over the years that we just ran things without conflict or discussion.

Dave

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
#12 Kind-heartedness, enjoyment in retreat, self-modesty and helping others in quiet ways.

Wow, this is a really a nice interp, I have Jupiter in the 12th in Cancer. I suppose my greatest outlet for expression of this energy is at work, where almost everyone is female. I also find it easy to express this soft, fuzzy side with family/close friends. There is also a trine with Neptune in my 4th house. I find my home a sanctuary and a great source for recharging and we are always busy trying to fix the old girl up, our house is 100+ years old...so she's come a long way baby! Because my mom and I share similar interests in spiritual talk, we have many a conversation on the "whys" and "hows" of the spiritual found in the mundane. I never really thought of my Jupiter placement as more than spiritual intervention when needed the most, so this is a nice, fresh look at how this energy could express itself. Thanks Dave.

isthmus nekoi

You have a 12th house sun too, Astrid?.... LOL. Moi aussi. Yeah, this is what I meant by coincidence - it looks like we share a lot of astro factors. No surprize we have similar views on commodity aquisition and such like.

I'm think 12th house sun is a factor, but a minor one. I think the Saturn contacts are probably much more indicative of our attitudes towards "stuff".

I don't think I've been exposed to more death than is natural. But I did almost die before, when I was young. I can't recall ever having a negative attitude towards death. As for the occult... was into tarot before astrology. I used to love horror and all that sort of thing as a teen.

prudence

isthmus nekoi said:
You have a 12th house sun too, Astrid?.... LOL. Moi aussi. Yeah, this is what I meant by coincidence - it looks like we share a lot of astro factors. No surprize we have similar views on commodity aquisition and such like.

I'm think 12th house sun is a factor, but a minor one. I think the Saturn contacts are probably much more indicative of our attitudes towards "stuff".

I don't think I've been exposed to more death than is natural. But I did almost die before, when I was young. I can't recall ever having a negative attitude towards death. As for the occult... was into tarot before astrology. I used to love horror and all that sort of thing as a teen.

okay Isthmus, the almost dying thing, another match. (2 X, very close, a few more times fairly close, like almost falling to my death from a ledge on Smith Rock in Oregon, I am only counting that one as fairly close)....and all of that mars stuff we share in common, the bully baiting in childhood....I did all of that stuff with my best friend(we're still best friends,too) who is a Cap Sun, on cusp of 12th house, Mars in aries in 1st house...and a few other similar things in the chart. Funny, eh?

star-lover

i have jupiter in sagitarius in my 4th house conjunct my moon
all i can think of right now is that i have been a life long student studying from home on various courses
trine uranus in 12th and astrology being one of them
interior design being another (sextile my venus in 2nd)
and on another note have this life long fascination with finding the truth/getting to bottom of things if that makes sense
always been a stay at home person but travelling from here if you see what i mean and the www has helped alot in this respect
x

isthmus nekoi

Astrid O said:
okay Isthmus, the almost dying thing, another match. (2 X, very close, a few more times fairly close, like almost falling to my death from a ledge on Smith Rock in Oregon, I am only counting that one as fairly close)....and all of that mars stuff we share in common, the bully baiting in childhood....I did all of that stuff with my best friend(we're still best friends,too) who is a Cap Sun, on cusp of 12th house, Mars in aries in 1st house...and a few other similar things in the chart. Funny, eh?

Ah, a very good friend of mine, 12th house Aquarius sun (I'm Cap), also has Mars conj ASC. Both Aquarius ASCs. Both fire moons (in trine). I think this makes sense. When you share a strong Mars, 12th house activity as women, you may share similar problems in terms of breaking traditional gender roles... sort of a bonding thing...

It would be interesting to see what else we have in common (maybe outside this thread though, we're getting rather off topic now...)

dadsnook2000

12th House Mars

Sometimes a 12th house Mars can act very un-Mars-like, sort of like a proactive Venus. Not necessarily an agressive Venus, but definitely an active, helping, sharing Venus. Dave

isthmus nekoi

dadsnook2000 said:
Sometimes a 12th house Mars can act very un-Mars-like, sort of like a proactive Venus. Not necessarily an agressive Venus, but definitely an active, helping, sharing Venus. Dave

That's a good point. 12th is generally considered a negative house, but that sounds a bit easier than having a 1st house Mars - at least for women, who are raised to hide their aggression and other Martian qualities anyways. Hard to hide a 1st house Mars lol. I can't personally recall any women w/a 12th house Mars right off the top of my head, but I can see how it would possibly be easier on females despite the 12th's notorious reputation!

dadsnook2000

12th House myth

The 12th house is not a bad house. It is the house that has just risen at the time of your birth, it acts sort of like a welcoming committee. Everyone with a 12th house Sun that I have met has been charming, sunny, alert, sensitive, helpful and fun to be with.

And, your birth 12th house moves to your MC before your ASC and 1st house does, so it must be an important zone for each of us. Someday we will have to do a Planets in Houses series. Dave