Ocean Oracle Study: Intuition Group #'s 190

shell oracle

These shells have no documented reason for their meanings...yet. However they serve my clients equally as well as those for which I have scientific confirmation. At times I had a meaning in mind first and then chose a shell to represent it. Other times, I meditated with a shell to discover what it had to teach. As you become comfortable with the shells, allow them to speak to you. You may feel guided to fine-tune or alter some of the meanings I use. Seashell readings are living things, constantly evolving as new shells and clients come into my life. Some I seek out, some find me. All are valuable contributors to this work in progress. The shells and I invite you to join in the conversation :)

shell oracle

Tropidophora Land Snail #190

190. Tropidophora Land Snail
Meaning: "Feeling that nothing comes easily, progress through struggle"

shell oracle said:
Attraction to this shell indicates a belief that life is a constant struggle, with nothing handed over easily. Great difficulties benefit this person because there is no value for anything that comes too easily. Ascending the mountain, we can be chauffeured in style, or claw our way through the back trails on foot. This person would not appreciate the view unless arriving scraped and bruised from the arduous climb.

Let’s apply this to relationships. Imagine a woman attracted to the Tropidophora shell entering a club. A man approaches her who is immediately smitten, and begins extolling her virtues. Another man won’t give her the time of day. Since she has to earn the second man’s attention, this challenge increases its value. When the Tropidophora is involved, it is time to ask yourself these questions: “Can I value something if it is easy?” “ Would I be happy with someone instantly attracted to me?” “Would I value an item gifted to me if I didn’t have to work to pay for it?” “Can I accept something (an object, a job, love) if it is given freely, or must I struggle to feel I earned this?” If you are willing, the view from the top can be just as lovely, no matter what route you took to arrive there.

When considering readings, Tropidophora asks... If you have to struggle to connect with your intuition, does that somehow make you feel you have earned the right to be a good reader? This is not good or bad, just questions to see what hidden beliefs you hold that could be impacting your life. This is not a conscious thought,you can consiously think it would be great to do this easily, it is the subconsious thought, will it have value? That is what the Tropidophora is about.