Pendulums

catlin

Hi tarotlady,

Not every stone works for everyone in the same way.

You have to find one to connect with. I can work with amethyst, clear quartz, haematite, sodalithe, brass, copper, heliotrope and black turmaline but rose quartz only droodles lazily around although I like this stone, too.

wavebreaker

Hi catlin,

I chose the amethyst because it's a stone that works well for me in other ways. For example, it cured me of my migraines.
But then I suppose it doesn't mean that if it works for you in one way, it will work for you in other ways as well. Apparently, it doesn't work for me as a pendulum.
I also connect very well with tiger's eye, I think I'll try and see if that one works for me as a pendulum, just out of curiosity.

The pendulum I have now, doesn't have a stone in it.

cjtarot

finding things with a pendulum

Hi,

I live my pendulum...even took a few and added stone donuts to weight the chain so it hangs nicely.

I pray for assistance and ask my guide to control the pendulum.

When I used it to locate something (a ring a friend hid), We drew a rought diagram of the house, asked in each room if the ring was there. It said yes and no in each room. .It found the room. When we went to the room, the pendulum pulled us twards the ring then did circles over where it was hidden..pretty nete.

PS,,in a past thread..told everyone I took my pendulum shopping...It is not my subconsious..it picked a tarot deck out of a catalog I have never heard of or even liked. Go figure.

Blessings,

Cj

Faerie Lin

I just bought a pendulum off ebay (yes I live on ebay, errr am an ebay addict). It is a carnelian stone with a golden chain that has a hand at the top. I will do my best to connect with this stone. I really haven't had the chance to try out different stones to see how I connect with them. But I guess we'll see... The clairvoyance book I'm reading has exerices dealing with pendulums. I wanted to get one anyway, so it turned out alright.

Lin

jade

i have never been accurate with a pendulum. although i have been able to find the remote with it heehee

any other answers.............i have a 50-50 chance of accuracy which, as we all know is NOTHING!

:(
jade

Diana

I find it practically impossible to use my pendulum for finding things, although I do try sometimes because on occasion, it has worked.

Interesting what zorya had to say about having a ritual beforehand. I'll try this, because if the pendulum works sometimes, there must be some reason it doesn't work the rest of the time. Something is missing, and it may be a ritual.

When it comes to yes/no answers, I have a 90% (well, more or less) accuracy. Yes/no answers are not so useful for everyone. But it calms my anxiety in some stressful situations, because that waiting period is not full of so much of the unknown.

Wishful thinking has never seemed to influence the pendulum. I do not get the impression at all that my thoughts are influencing it.

Sorceress_Jade

I only use mine for yes/no sorts of things. How do you locate objects with it?

lili

Everything I have read here about pendulum is so interesting that I just want to get one I was not sure on how pendulum works till I read this thread.

Sorceress_Jade

you can make them too

particularly using things that are valuable to u, like rings

and you can stick a needle into anything that it'll stick in and string the string through the eye.

But the nice ones that you find in the shops ARE lovely. Mine's amethyst with a clear ctip but dark on the rest, and it has a chain with a small hematite bauble at the end

wavebreaker

Sorceress_Jade said:
But the nice ones that you find in the shops ARE lovely. Mine's amethyst with a clear ctip but dark on the rest, and it has a chain with a small hematite bauble at the end
Yes, you can use anything, but of course I had to get myself one of those nice ones from a shop--I'll use any excuse to buy myself a nice present ;)