Communicating beyond the grave.

Baroli

Messages from beyond,.....

First of all, I think my laps and desktop are "from another world" when they get a virus or something, :p. But to be honest, if I did that, I would have to reformat it completely and then bless it profusely. Something like that just creeps me out.

Baroli

Pagan X

Hi kids!

Well, I figured that if spirits could move a planchette for Ouija or throw stones or change temperatures, it's got to be a lot easier for them to use a word processor by sparking the chips in the computer. That's got to be even easier than putting sound onto audio tapes.

Just open "notepad" and leave it running in the background so a spirit can use it.

Later I read Buckland making the same suggestion, as an analogy to the old "sealed slate" experiments. He goes into more detail on casting protective energy around the computer than I do; I set my screensaver to "text" and have my computer sit and chant while it is idle. You can download many magical alphabets from the web, mine is in Theban.

I've used that as a "prayer wheel" form of spellcasting for years...

In essence, you azre inviting spirits to use your computer. I figure that has to be both easier for them than using you, and safer, if that is a concern. A humorous thought: if you have bad spirits messing up your computer, anti-virus and anti-spyware software could detect and repair such alterations.

If your computer starts acting really flaky, just pull the plug.

As a practicing Witch, I have so many amulets, talismans, blessed gewgaws, and regular blessings done ritually as a matter of course that I'm not worried about bad spirits bothering me. I've Feng Shui'ed my office and hung up photos of Mars in the ghost gateway corner, I figure that will confuse the heck out of them.

You can put up a blessed sign or a protective text on your computer as a background bitmap or a pentagram bumper sticker on the bottom. Many models of Ouija board are sold with pentacles on them, those are self-protecting as it is a protective sign.

Now, I know what you all really want to know, have any text messages shown up on my computer? With disappointment, I must admit no, not so far. I take comfort in my regular vivid dreams of my beloved dead, may they take joy in their time with the Goddess and I will see them soon enough.