REALLY horrible dream

Wandlimb

I had a dream a few weeks ago that I just can't get out of my head. I often dream sort of adventure stories and that's how this started out, but it went seriously nasty. I was in a sort of ice stadium thing and these guards/soldiers were taking over and shooting people. One of them told me to move, so I said yes sir and was going to, then he smiled and just shot me in the forehead. Everything went black but I could still hear. Then the guard said to make the bodies less recognisable and I just knew he was going to shoot off the rest of my head.

It's not surprising I woke up in a cold sweat! Couldn't get back to sleep for ages I was so freaked out! Any ideas? I hadn't been watching anything violent the night before, so I'm stumped.

memries

Hi Wandlimb...I checked your id and see you are female. Within us, we each have a feminine side (in you this is prevalent as you are female) and we have a masculine side which we tend to ignore if we are female. The male who shot you was this masculine side of you. It is very important that we are balanced between the two sides and this is one meaning of the word C.Jung used, individuation.
You may be practising being too feminine, ie fluffy, needy, not independent enough. It is easy sometimes if we have a nice man who does everything for us but you must develop yourself. (I used to do the plumbing..which drove my husband nuts) but I read a book and knew how ! I drive my car very independently, just things like that to excercise what we think of as masculine traits and they are not really. That go forward, I can do it attitude that we expect of men and then when we find out they do not know how we are surprised... kind of like they are born with it ? The stock market is a good example..do you think men are born knowing or are their interests developed like anyone else's has to be.
My husband was away quite a bit so of course I took over, with three children I had no choice but when he came home he wanted me back in the niche he understood, dependent and looking to him for answers !
You are developing into being you and there is only one of you in the whole world. You are unique. No one else's growth is yours. You may share with someone and be happy for them but you are just as important as they and also one really important factor ....YOU ARE ENTITLED TO LIVE YOUR LIFE.
This what your dream was about, balancing the two sides of you and when you work at it you will find yourself happier and more whole. Do not sacrifice yourself totally for others. Keep something for you and love yourself and know that you are on a spiritual path and by being whole you will be even a better person.
Do not be afraid of your dream just know that it was to show you something which I hope I have explained fairly clearly above.
I know it was upsetting and I know the answer because the same type of dream happened to me years ago.

Apollonia

I also think it's very interesting that you were in an ice stadium. Water represents our emotions, but in your dream the water is frozen. Soldiers and guards are hyper-masculine symbols, and guns are symbolically male as well.

All in all, I feel at the time you had the dream there may have been a situation in your life where a man or group of men was trying to force you to do something, and although you did your best to give them what they wanted, it wasn't good enough for them, possibly because your methods tend to be more on the intuitive/feminine side. To add insult to injury, at the same time you had to hide behind a mask of indifference and act like it didn't matter that your ideas, wishes, or actions were being obliterated.

star-lover

Apollonia said:
I also think it's very interesting that you were in an ice stadium. Water represents our emotions, but in your dream the water is frozen. Soldiers and guards are hyper-masculine symbols, and guns are symbolically male as well.

All in all, I feel at the time you had the dream there may have been a situation in your life where a man or group of men was trying to force you to do something, and although you did your best to give them what they wanted, it wasn't good enough for them, possibly because your methods tend to be more on the intuitive/feminine side. To add insult to injury, at the same time you had to hide behind a mask of indifference and act like it didn't matter that your ideas, wishes, or actions were being obliterated.

very interesting
i had a similar dream once and it was all about deferring to the men in my life and me dying. - husband/father/boss/other men....feeling like a hostage and helpless and all sapped out of me - horrid stuff - like they all knew better than me.......oh no i say 20 years later thats so wrong - all were so controlling.....no need but if youre in that situation for whatever stupid reason its hard to get out but out you MUST get

Wandlimb

Thanks guys! That sheds some light on things, particularly what Apollonia said. I was in a bad situation with a bloke at the time, fortunately I am out of that situation now.

I was also interested in what memries said - I have noticed that I either act very logically/coldly (very Swords, if you like) or very "fluffy"(!). I am having trouble reconciling the two!

memries

There is really no need to reconcile the two. You are a complex person. Just be true to yourself, it is the only way to live.