Help needed

a_shikhs

Hi i am planning to make a love oracle. But instead of using cards, i am planning to use stones and make love symbols on them. But i cant figure what symbols to make and what meanings to give them. I dont even own any love pack which can guide me and give me ideas. :(

So please help me and give me your whackiest and most creative ideas and help me make this oracle. :)

Shikhs

Colby

Here are some suggestions...
* Ai, the kanji (chinese/japanese character) for Love
* Bow and Arrow (as in cupid)
* Stick figure of a Cherub
* 1 heart or 2 hearts intwined or 3 hearts for a love triangle
* 2 lips kissing (side profile)
* hands clutched together
* 2 pinky fingers linked together
* male/female symbols linked together
* ying and yang symbols
* happy/sad eyes
* side profiles of 2 faces looking at each other
* flowers
* an areoplane for long distance love or 2 people apart
* wedding dress/wedding veil
* rings intwined
* champagne glasses for celebration
* a dove

mmm... that's all I can think of at the moment :) I hope it helps :)

a_shikhs

Wow.. Thats great and quite a lot of ideas.. thanks Colby for such lovely ideas.. :)

Simone

Well, a good oracle also needs the downside, because not all is always well...

- a breaking heart
- two faces facing away from each other
- now I keep having this idea of a heart with a lightning bolt - for tower-like moments, but it could be the love at first sight thingie too - so if you did that one you'd have to read it in the context. Mabe two of those, one with a whole heart, one with a broken one?
- two figures holding hand and a third standing alone, dejected
- a cross or other symbol of death - could mean the person is a window(er) or the death of a love
- nursery symbols, like a stethoscope or an IV or something for ailing relationship, either being taken care of or not...
- some symbol for a purely sexual relationship, hmm, blocking on ideas here
- some symbol for a purely platonic one too...

This sounds like fun!

Whick kind of stones would you use? round flat ones? or crystals? With natural stone you could also use the colour, form, irregularities to match the meaning.

Sophie

What a lovely idea, Shikhs!

As for symbols...why don't you have a look at your beautiful ancient Indian art, and get some ideas from it? Your country produced some of the most beautiful love art in the world.

a_shikhs

Lovely ideas Simone. :)

I plan to use natural rocks which have a flat surface. Painting would be a good idea. Cool..

Hevetica, thats a nice idea. Didnt think of that.. ;) Im gonna do some good research work now..

Thank you for the rocking ideas.. :thumbsup: