your dream tarot book

jmd

My dream Tarot book would consist of only 78 pages, each loose so as to enable them to be shuffled.

22 of these would have significant depictions, with page numbers on only twenty-one of them, in Old Roman style. Words would be kept to a minimum - maybe a brief suggestive name to each of these pages.

The other pages would be divided into four chapters, each chapter echoeing the others, yet presenting something different.

The title would probably include the word Marseilles, or something to that effect! :)

Liliana

My book would contain only one page saying

"It means what you think it does"

lol

Actually Id like the craft/meditation/ritual Tarot book.

:THP

jema

jmd said:
The title would probably include the word Marseilles, or something to that effect! :)

*LOL*
i think i have one of those;)

Laurel

The coffe table book project sounds wonderful; I hope it gets underway.

My dream tarot book would be a qabalistic book that taught the concepts and "language" of tarot, archetypal astrology, Lurianic Kabbalah, and psychological alchemy step-by-step and side-by-side. I acknowledge that I am, in fact, weird. :)

Laurel

Violet Gargoyle

I was originally thinking that every tarot deck should have a companion coloring book.....

I would like to help in a book or zine format. It might give me a chance to use that Folklore degree.

Ravenswing, I've emailed you....

truthsayer

i like the tarot coffee table book idea. i have so many books all ready, i'm really having to think to find anything original. i thought "tarot games"! no, there is all ready a book out on that. now i'm thinking a puzzle book named something like TAROT FUN!! inside would be tarot word searches, tarot cross word puzzles, other word puzzles, tarot trivia & trivia tests, tarot craft ideas like how to make a tarot t-shirt, tarot stories, tarot poetry, quotes about tarot, tarot jokes, and other light but titillating things to do w/ tarot that are fun and entertaining. i spend so much time doing serious stuff w/ tarot that i'd like to learn how to have more simple fun w/ it.

jema

truthsayer said:
i like the tarot coffee table book idea. i have so many books all ready, i'm really having to think to find anything original. i thought "tarot games"! no, there is all ready a book out on that. now i'm thinking a puzzle book named something like TAROT FUN!! inside would be tarot word searches, tarot cross word puzzles, other word puzzles, tarot trivia & trivia tests, tarot craft ideas like how to make a tarot t-shirt, tarot stories, tarot poetry, quotes about tarot, tarot jokes, and other light but titillating things to do w/ tarot that are fun and entertaining. i spend so much time doing serious stuff w/ tarot that i'd like to learn how to have more simple fun w/ it.

hey truth, you just gave us tons of ideas for the zine.
care to join us and make a tarot word puzzle or something like that?

truthsayer

jema said:

hey truth, you just gave us tons of ideas for the zine.
care to join us and make a tarot word puzzle or something like that?

yeah! i'd love to! i could try designing a crossword puzzle. i've been working on the t-shirt but haven't figured how to do it yet.

Jewel

Laurel said:
My dream tarot book would be a qabalistic book that taught the concepts and "language" of tarot, archetypal astrology, Lurianic Kabbalah, and psychological alchemy step-by-step and side-by-side. I acknowledge that I am, in fact, weird. :)

Laurel, I am wierd with you *LOL*. I personally love the academic side of Tarot and I would love a book like this. Preferably with a workbook format where I can apply the concepts as I learn them, and that the book not be deck specific. I would include some archetypal psychology in to this book as well. I love the whole Qabalah and Tarot associations although I firmly believe that the tarot was created independently from the Qabalah.

What is Lurianic Kabbalah?

By the way the Coffee table book sounds really neat! Get to work! I look forward to purchasing the book once you get it published ;)

Cerulean

The suggestion:

My dream Tarot book would consist of only 78 pages, each loose so as to enable them to be shuffled.

22 of these would have significant depictions, with page numbers on only twenty-one of them, in Old Roman style.
------------------------------------------
Sounds like a good card deck to me. In another forum the idea was position cards. I actually did a layout/background card for my painted/collage Magician design where I followed Gareth Knight's suggestion to place Aces around the Fool. I'm still working on my idea, but the idea is all 22 majors has a suggested spread key motif in the corners or sides and top/bottom.
To start you off: Fool card with motif for pentacle on top, sword on the right, cup on the left and baton/stave on the bottom. Use that for the Aces, as per Gareth Knight's layout in a Treasure House of Images. I think my idea was to do finish the world card that would have the same insignia for the 10s or completion of each suit. How I'd space two-nine with the rest of the majors, I'm not certain.
Anyway, it was just an idea that relates to the former post--do a layout deck book as a card portfolio. That's a dream book!
Mari H.