Great book on intuitive reading

SunChariot

Hi everyone,

I just thought I ought to share this, as there is always a lot of talk here on intuitive reading, and technique and all.

There is a book on it that I find so well written and I know for me it's had a lot to do with how I developed my intuitive reading style. I read it a few years ago and somehow felt the need to pull it out again a few days ago and reread it. I was amazed how much of my intuitive reading style, that has been working so well for me, comes from the lessons of this book. I had the idea that I should share it here.

It's called:

A Magical Course in Tarot: Reading the Cards in a Whole New Way, by Michele Morgan.

There's a bit at the end about spells and things which for myself I have ignored so far, but I find it well written and helpful when it comes to learning to develop intution while reading.

I hope it helps someone as much as it has helped me.:grin:

Babs

lark

One of my all time favorites SunChariot!
I have read it over and over again.
I also love the illustrations they use for the tarot section.
They would make a perfect little simpified, intuitive reading deck.

SunChariot

lark said:
One of my all time favorites SunChariot!
I have read it over and over again.
I also love the illustrations they use for the tarot section.
They would make a perfect little simpified, intuitive reading deck.

One of mine too, that one AND Tarot for Self-Discovery, by Nina Lee Braden which I adore as well. :grin:

Babs

lark

I don't have that one...I'll have to check it out!

OK, I officially have too many books...I do have it I've just never read it...
But it'll go on the stack... maybe I'll push it to the head of the pile. :)

SunChariot

lark said:
I don't have that one...I'll have to check it out!

It's basically not a text book so much as a list/collection of unique Tarot exercises to do, mostly with the deck faceup, that just end up teaching you so much about yourself.

My favourite so far is called "Love Breaks" where, to simplify the exercise, you chose three cards that remind you somehow of (make you feel like) love and you carry them around for a few days and anytime something gets you down you can pull them out and relive the feelings of love whenever you need to...just like a breath of fresh air. :grin:, great to do when in a hard period of your life.

Some others I have found really useful and revealing are called:
Life Purpose (helped me define my life goal); Visiting the World of If; My Mother, My Self (that one really changed my life), Maybe Later, an Exercise of Procrastination; Transition....you get the idea. GREAT book. I adore it.

Babs

geministar

Thanks for this advice SunChariot. I definitely will look out for this book and add it to my reading.

SunChariot

Anytime. And you're very welcome. :grin: I just somehow felt this week that I needed to post it here and that it would help someone on their path. Call it an intuition. LOL

Babs

Fulgour

SunChariot said:
I hope it helps someone as much as it has helped me.:grin:

Magical Course in Tarot:
Reading the Cards in a Whole New Way
(Illustrated)
Michele Morgan
Paperback (245 Pages) Conari Press 2002

ISBN 1573247065

http://www.fetchbook.info/compare.do?search=1573247065

If I'm allowed, I'd like to recommend Amazon's "Mondazzi"
~they have it New for $7.95 ~ and they are wonderful...
(They're also "books4little" ~ Say "Hi!" to Buddy the Cat!)

fyreflye

Shortly after encountering this thread yesterday I ran across the book in a local used book store for $9 and bought it. I'm about a third of the way through and it looks very useful, though it also demonstrates that no matter how strongly you recommend using intuition rather than "official" meanings you can't get a tarot book published unless you include a long section spelling out the "official" meanings.

lunakasha

Fulgour said:

Magical Course in Tarot:
Reading the Cards in a Whole New Way
(Illustrated)
Michele Morgan
Paperback (245 Pages) Conari Press 2002

ISBN 1573247065

http://www.fetchbook.info/compare.do?search=1573247065

If I'm allowed, I'd like to recommend Amazon's "Mondazzi"
~they have it New for $7.95 ~ and they are wonderful...
(They're also "books4little" ~ Say "Hi!" to Buddy the Cat!)

I would like to second this recommendation....not only is this one of my favorite books, BUT I also recently placed an order with books4little/Mondazzi at amazon (for Ship of Fools) and they are simply WONDERFUL!!!! :D

:) Luna