Great book on intuitive reading

Keigh

Babs,
I recognized the title and realized that it sounded very familiar....it's in my pile of unread tarot books, though it's just now jumping right to the top of the pile (it's almost like magic!)....thanks for reminding me about this little book. Here's hoping it's a gem!

Keigh

SunChariot

I hope you enjoy it too. It does have a unique approach, which I have more or less embraced. I think that book did a lot to help form my reading techique. And I think that means something. When you're about to read something and you get a sign from the universe, that usually (at least in my experience) means that it is something that will be important to your life. It looks like the book might well be that for you too. It really is quite freeing. :grin:

Babs

SunChariot

sunstallion said:
Hi SunChariot,

I finally bought this book. Looks very good. Do you know any other good books on intuitive tarot that you can recommend ? I just want to know more than one author's opinion.

Actually, no. I wish I did because I love reading that way. But that's the only book on the topic I can think of.

Babs

Saphyne

This is a great book - just purchased it recently and have already read it twice, certainly has freed up my reading skills - can't recommend it enough.

Tomatohead

I just bought A Magical Course... a few weeks ago and loved it so much a bought a copy for a friend. This book explained why sometimes I'd get a feeling about a card and just *know* what it was telling me with only a hazy knowledge of a book definition in my mind. Short and sweet, (if you remove the card definition section!) but very enlightening.

I am hoping my intuative/psychic friend, who hates challenges and is overwhelmed by the thought of memorizing 78 definitions, will be freed by this book to read the cards the way her brain was meant to do. She will be spectacular at it if she lets that wild mind of hers loose on the cards! This book, I think, offers just the gentle, humorous guidence she needs. The book also includes a section on psychics . The spell section was interesting to me too although I haven't tried any!

SunChariot

Tomatohead said:
I just bought A Magical Course... a few weeks ago and loved it so much a bought a copy for a friend. This book explained why sometimes I'd get a feeling about a card and just *know* what it was telling me with only a hazy knowledge of a book definition in my mind. Short and sweet, (if you remove the card definition section!) but very enlightening.

I am hoping my intuative/psychic friend, who hates challenges and is overwhelmed by the thought of memorizing 78 definitions, will be freed by this book to read the cards the way her brain was meant to do. She will be spectacular at it if she lets that wild mind of hers loose on the cards! This book, I think, offers just the gentle, humorous guidence she needs. The book also includes a section on psychics . The spell section was interesting to me too although I haven't tried any!

When I started Tarot I was a lot like your intuitive/psychic friend, except that I did not consider myself either intuitive or psychic. LOL

I don't know that I hate challenges, but if I had to memorize 78 definiations, I'd die of boreddm before I was a quarter of the way through. I absolutely hate memorizing anything. Luckily I found that book.

I have always found too, that even if I looked the meanings up in the book, that I get much more elaborate and accurate meanings by letting my imagination run wild and just writing down the first things I think of and comparing it to the question...it's like hey that blue sky =the colour of my Mom's blue dress when I was 5=childhood=innocence=the querent needs to e more childlike and not as serious and worried about his/her responsibilities...kind of thing....that's how my readings go, as series of those and they work for me.

I do know that the suits represent and idea of what the Majors mean, what courts mean, but that makes up a very minor part of my readings. 90% is just "following that deer though the woods" :grin:

Honestly, I never thought I was intuitive when I started to learn Tarot, and I still am not that much without my cards. My my intuitive readings (all my readings are intuitive) work out quite well. I think reading this way is a wonderful way to develop and strenghen you intuition. I know mine is much stronger that when I started. The more you practice anything the better you get at it.

Babs

Amaris

When I was looking at amazon for the Michele Morgan book (and adding it to my wishlist! I would have just ordered it outright, but my husband and bestfriend get annoyed with me when I buy goodies for myself this close to the holidays), amazon pointed me to another book in the same vein: The Intuitive Tarot: A Metaphysical Approach to Reading the Tarot Cards by Richard Gordann and Dixie Taylor. It only has two reviews, both of them positive. Does anyone know anything about this book?

lark

Amaris said:
amazon pointed me to another book in the same vein: The Intuitive Tarot: A Metaphysical Approach to Reading the Tarot Cards by Richard Gordann and Dixie Taylor. It only has two reviews, both of them positive. Does anyone know anything about this book?
I used to have it but I gave it away...it didn't have much substance to it as I recall...someone else who owns it might be able to confirm this but I think it had a lot of blank sections where you wrote down your own intuitive thoughts.

Michele Morgans book is much superior with a little touch of magic to it too.

Tarotwytch

A Magical Course in Tarot sounds fascinating.....just what I need. Another book that I just can't live without!!

ana luisa

Need help choosing a book on intuitive reading!

I was browsing the Internet, looking for more books on inuitive reading (already got a Magical Course in Tarot) and saw three interesting titles that seem to deal with the type of learning I´m looking for. Do any of you have one of these books? If so, do you like them? I can only afford one for Christmas so I´d love to get some experienced feedback before I make up my mind!
the titles are:
"Awakening Intuition" by Frances Vaughn
"Intuitive Tarot:Discovering and Reinforcing the Power of your intuition: Using the Tarot as a Tool" by R. Prosapio
"Tarot:Intuition Through Interpretation" by Virginia Santini

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!