mysterious dream symbols

Tarotphelia

A few things have appeared in my dreams this past year that I am not sure about the metaphysical meanings of :

1. A Red Buddha ( a totally gargantuan one- bigger than a city- not a chubby Chinese one)

2. Daffodils ( a psychic looked at me and told other psychics in the dream that I had daffodils inside me)

3. The White Broom ( students at a school are given different things, & I am handed a completely white broom)

I didn't know there was a Red Buddha, I know nothing about flower meanings & associations, and I had never even thought of a white broom before.

If any of you versed in the magical/metaphysical/pagan/witch-wicca world know what these symbols might represent, I would be grateful for your explanations.

Thanks,
Tarotphelia

Roja

The Tibetan Godess Kurukule is red.

She is the representation of passion, love, charisma and sex.

Roja

You can do a search under "Red Tara" in any major search engines. They have some pretty good sites out there explaining this Bodhisattva...

Tarotphelia

This was not any kind of goddess, it was the classic Buddha guy. I tried search engines on all of the symbols, and didn't come up with more than hints of what they might mean.

Diana

I am not pagan, magical, witch or wiccan. But I'm still going to give my opinion on this, if you don't mind. :)

A red Buddha. You're lucky. I wish I would dream of a red Buddha. Of course, all this depends on the context of the dream - but it sounds great to me. A Buddha in a dream always brings the promise of success. You being told that you are being supported in your efforts, provided they are honest and pure. The red would be giving you the energy, the vitality to do them.

Daffodils. They are the promise of spring. Sounds like a sign of renewal.

White is the colour of grace and wisdom. You may use this broom to clean out your soul in order to fill it with holy stuff. Clean out the mental of all the muck that is cluttering it up - anger, pain, envy, or whatever. You can do it. 'Cos the Buddha is supporting you, the daffodils are already blossoming.

Now, I'm interested in what other people have to say about all this.

lunalafey

dream symbolism

There are no definitive meaning for the symbols in dreams. One must discover what the symbol represents to themselves. Gosh,lots of dream postings lately, I seem to be repeating myself. Maybe I should start a study group??
tarotphilia, make a list of the props in your dream. The budda was significant, and so was the color red, list these two seperatly, just as you would the broom and white. once you have this all down do a word association with about 5 words for each prop. then takes those five words and do another association. do not THINK when you do these associations, put down whatever comes into your head right that second even if it has nothing in common with the original prop. It is these words that are key.
Another thing to do would be to make a list of what you felt, just the feelings. if the dream makes you excited, what are you excited about in your waking life?
Start with that and see where it takes you. If you still are puzzeled, don't worry about it. Sometimes it takes several dreams with the same symbol and doing the excersizes to find what that symbol means.

Tarotphelia

I know how to do regular dream interpretations, but these are symbols that mean nothing to me. They've never appeared before or since. My only feelings were puzzlement.

I found out on the internet that there is a Red Buddha, that the Daffodil was the sacred flower of the Druids, and that the White Broom is associated with German witchcraft.

I know there are folks who have a lot of knowledge about arcane philosphies & symbols, and I thought maybe someone might have more background about these symbols, and why they might appear in dreams if you don't even know what they are.

Tarotphelia

Mlle Lenormand

I agree with Diana's posting, but as to the Red Buddha, as I read it I had a strong feeling of the word 'abundance' for you. Seeing that the buddha was red, could this could mean energy?.

Please, Lunalafey will you start a study group? As I have the most graphic dreams all the time and I would love to be able to interpret them.

lunalafey

You say that these dream symbols mean nothing to you, I think that nothing may have something to do with it as well as being puzzeled. Now apply that literally, you are puzzeled, wondering about these things, such as white magic?=the broom? as was mentioned a broom sweeps, it cleans and is white which also means purity and light(clean). Maybe it is a calling TO find out more about these things, just as you are doing now. As diana mentioned, context, that plays a big part. As you mentioned these symbols have appeard the past year, has it been in more than one dream? Have you seen Buddha just once or several times? you also say they have not returned, what ever it was your subcon. was trying to tell you probably has passed/resolved.I find it hard that the subcon. mind would use a prop you know nothing about and have it mean what it represents literally(except for the above theroy) If your mind does not know that a dafodil is a sacred flower of the Druids, then how can the mine use that meaning? Perhaps the prop is symbolic not of itself but of something totally different(why the need for the word association). Being familiar with dream analysis, then you know when you dream about your best friend that sometimes that friend represents something we see or long for in ourselves. I have a few things in my dreams that I still have not figured out what they mean, like the 3 fire colored sheep.
curious to know HOW they appeared in your dreams along with other events in the dream.
being familiar with dreams, might you be interested in helping with a study group? Mlle Lenormand has expressed that she would like for this to happen.

Tarotphelia

There is more than one kind of dream - not all dreams are of the psychological /Jungian variety, though that would be the vast majority.

There are also premonatory dreams that are visions of a possible future event , sometimes a warning or an alert to a situation with a loved one that is causing them pain.

There is another kind of dream that is of the astral projection/shamanic journey variety.

Another type of dream involves possible messages/instructions/ hints from guides or the higher intelligence. These sometimes come along with synchronicities in waking life, part of a pattern of guidance. This is the category I think these symbols I am curious about fall into.

These were all separate dreams, Red Buddha & White Broom were in the context of wandering around schools. Not any schools that I know . The daffodil dream was very short, as described above. Symbols can appear in your dreams whether or not you know their meanings, they are part of the ancient archetypal soup.

If I had found in my own searches that these symbols had no metaphysical associations, I would have just assumed they were the usual dream weirdness and forgot about them. I feel if I had more knowledge about the original meanings & purposes of these symbols, I would be able to make a better judgement about what they might be saying to me.

The study group sounds fun, and I would be happy to contribute whatever I could.

Thanks,
Tarotphelia