Opinions on Tarot in 10 Minutes?

Razordance

I'm a beginner to tarot, and have been learning both on my own and with the help of a friend who has been reading tarot for years. I was looking at a book today called "Tarot in 10 Minutes". I ended up choosing another guide instead, mainly because, IMO, "10 Minutes" seems to trivialize the actual interpretation of the reading, in favor of more of an answer key sort of system, and I know that there's a lot more to it than that. However, it seems that a lot of people online think very highly of the book, as long as the reader understands that it certainly isn't the ultimate book to learn tarot from. I'm now strongly considering purchasing the book after all, as there was information in it that seemed as though it could be useful. Can anyone give me any opinions one way or the other? If it's a useful book, I'll grab it... Thanks in advance.

Fulgour

Hello :) Razordance!
Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot

If you look on Amazon.ca "hpcbonline-ca"
has this book for CDN$ 3.44 as Very Good.
I have bought from them in the states and
can vouche...they're great. I say go for it!

Just a note:
Check item details for best copy! :)

~Fulgour

Grizabella

I have the book you're referring to and I think the name "Tarot in 10 Minutes" is pretty misleading. It's not such a simple book to get through and even though I'm pretty advanced with my study of Tarot, I'd find it difficult to learn from. There are some spreads in the back of the book that are interesting, but for me, the book wasn't that helpful. I have a different way of learning, I guess, so the method in the book isn't something I can make that much use of.

gregory

I have it too - it is a stupid title - 10 minutes wouldn't come close ! but quite an interesting book. I can't understand why it thinks it is aimed at beginners though. It is quite strange; I wouldn't actually use many of the methods it suggests, but I got something out of it. I might sell it later......

Bonnie

Resonance

In my opinion, "Tarot in 10 Minutes" is definitely not a beginners book. There is something here that is more important - and that is how you as a reader and student of the Tarot react to the book. Just because other people found the book helpful does not mean that you will. You have already stated that you glanced through the book and felt that it was not for you. That is a huge red flag!

I have been known to purchase books that I felt were not all that good, or that I simply disagreed with, if they had sections of material that I felt would help my growth, or that could be used as a resource. You may want to revisit this book in the future, but for now, look for books that you feel resonate with you, and that give you material to work with.

Wishing you much success on your Tarot journey! :)

tarotbear

'Tarot in Ten Minutes' is a wonderful book - I know the author - BUT - it will not 'teach' you anything 'about' Tarot.

It is a wonderful book of exercises about finding your cards - based on numerology - I suggest you start with Exercise One and go through all of them, play the games, do the homework, etc.

You will learn 'something' about tarot, but owning this book will not make you a tarot card reader. I also suggest you stay away from 'Tarot Made Easy' by Nancy Garen, for it, too, is not anything a beginner can use well.

Little Baron

tarotbear said:
You will learn 'something' about tarot, but owning this book will not make you a tarot card reader. I also suggest you stay away from 'Tarot Made Easy' by Nancy Garen, for it, too, is not anything a beginner can use well.

Totally agree!!!

LB