No children lines

katrananda

Hi, I read at a festival this weekend, and I seemed to attract teens and those under 28. I did 31 palm readings, coupled with tarot, and what I noted was the lack of children lines on the hands of anyone under about 25, and on older people who have no children but still want some.
At what age do children lines form?
I must admit this freaked me out a bit, especially since I have close to the surface of my mind the palmist who read on Brighton or Blackpool Pier back before WWI, and saw truncated life lines on most of the young men who had their palms read.
What am I to make of this? That Y Generation won't have children? That there is some event coming that will make it unlikely that those ready to have children actually won't?
Thanks,
Katrananda the Concerned

Alissa

I've stopped reading children's lines on folks' palms, so I must admit, I haven't really watched this trend. I'm curious, which method do you prefer for children lines?

I'm familiar with both the antiquated Victorian version where the children lines are thought to be vertical hash marks on the marriage lines (beneath the pinkie finger), as well as the version that an old woman taught me when I was a little girl (my first "palm lessons" were from her)... she taught me to count the rascettes at the wrist; disregard the top and bottom rascette, and count the solid lines in between.

I have noticed that my son's hand (rascettes, I only read the rascettes) looks much like mine, which is to say he will have one child, or none... it's not entirely clear. But he's the only one I've paid much attention to when it comes to reading future children.

(I stopped reading this for people a few years ago as I found it opened more uncomfortable conversations than was worth it to me... I would say, "You have 3 children, but one was lost... the second one." And then conversations about abortions, miscarriages, and children whom they were dissociated with, either through divorce and custody battles... all manner of delicate subjects got opened that I stopped opening).

tabbycat

I was told by a reader that my hand showed that I'd have two children. I said that I didn't have any and he asked me if I was sure! Heck, I know my memory's going, but I'd have noticed two pregnancies, the subsequent births and the two small strangers running about in the house, wouldn't I? ;)

Crowqueen

tabbycat said:
I was told by a reader that my hand showed that I'd have two children. ;)

"Had" or "have"? ;)

Unless of course you are of a certain age, there is always the possibility of twins.

DarkDementia

tabbycat said:
I was told by a reader that my hand showed that I'd have two children. I said that I didn't have any and he asked me if I was sure! Heck, I know my memory's going, but I'd have noticed two pregnancies, the subsequent births and the two small strangers running about in the house, wouldn't I? ;)

As a mom of three, yeah, I'm pretty sure you'd remember that LOL

I do have three children lines but the middle child line is really small. Hopefully that's not an indicator of anything horrible happening.

In relation to the original post, I haven't come across anyone without children lines.. my daughters are 6 and 8 and they both have two lines (although I wish many more upon them *evil snicker*). It'll be interesting to see how the recent global activities (ie. hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes etc.) will impact the Y Generation and their children, or lack thereof.

.traveller.

tabbycat said:

Oh that gave me a really good laugh! Thanks for that.

When I was learning palmistry, I remember reading that child lines could also show up as a representation of something you loved as if it were your child. People who dedicate their lives serving others, a calling, a total lifelong devotion to a cause.

Alta

When I had my palm read in my early twenties I was told I would have many children, as many as six. I think I would have noticed them by now. :)

I am pretty sure she used the vertical hash marks on the marriage line, and yes, there are quite a few of those.

Julien

Marion said:
When I had my palm read in my early twenties I was told I would have many children, as many as six. I think I would have noticed them by now. :)

I am pretty sure she used the vertical hash marks on the marriage line, and yes, there are quite a few of those.

Yes, I had a reading like this when I was young. Actually, the reader said that both my sister and I would marry young, and the marriages wouldn't last. Then later, he said, we'd marry again, and marry for life. I can't remember how many children he said she'd have, but I do recall that I was to have half a dozen. He was reading the hash marks on the marriage line. I am 37 and have yet to be married, and no biological children. I have a lot of hash marks on that line -- and I have a lot of non-biological children in my life. Oddly, my racettes, per the original post, show no lines. I wonder if there isn't a nuance, there, that deserves some attention...

As for the original post... Odd as it may seem, as I listen to the news, I really still don't think Generation Y will not have children because of an event. I wouldn't be a bit surprised, however, if the international trend in developed countries to have small families (one or two children) that has been prevalent for a few decades now doesn't continue for at least another generation beyond Y. That might have been what you were picking up on.

Just a thought,
Julien

katrananda

I read the vertical marks stemming from the marriage lines, but I'm liking the rascette idea. A lot damned easier to see. I have a tonne of hash marks, but only two kids, but I do have attachments to a bunch of other kids, so I guess they show up.
I think the marriage lines and children lines are the dodgiest ones on the hand to read, and they're the ones EVERYONE wants to know about.

I'm hoping to do a face reading seminar soon, and will be curious to know if anything on the face gives away marriages and children - apart from wrinkles and grey hair. lol!

Kat.

huredriel

katrananda said:
I read the vertical marks stemming from the marriage lines, but I'm liking the rascette idea.
OK this has got me puzzled ........ where are the marriage lines and what is a *rascette*?