No children lines

Dancing Bear

I have never come accross self inflicted scars, but would definately not mention them, a bit of etiquette is in order.

As far as childrens lines I couldnt say as I officially have never studied the palm, I read through touch (tuning in )and intuitively.. I do have guide lines I use for children and they have never failed me, They are on the mount underneath the thumb.. I know this is not the spot that you are suppose to read them.. But they have never failed me yet! The deeper stronger lines I find are boys and the finer lighter lines are girls....

I have lots of upright lines underneath my pinky coming from the horozontals, and am not a teacher of children and definately do not have that many of my own. I only use any of these lines for emotional connections Horozontals and or verticals.(Sometimes)
I do have the upward swing of my rascette and have not had problems in having children, they came when the time was right not when i thought the time was right.. I have actually had my tubes tied because as you say Katrananda I too only had to look at the Pyjamas and I was pregnant..

I have also heard the Indian Palmist use the heart line as in indication of length of life.. Starting at the pinky is 25yrs and so on until the heart line ends.. Their belief is when the heart stops life stops. this is their reasoning for using this method.. Please do not quote me as it is just heresay..If i went by this i would live beyond 100years as my heart line goes completely accross my palm.
I generally as a rule do not like to give a number of years someone will live.

Anyway I will stop babbling because as said before i have never officially studied the Palm, .

katrananda

So, what's the consensus on children lines? Is it the rascettes, or the vertical lines up near the pinkie finger? Or something else again? I find this is the problem with palmistry - 10 books and 10 palmists will tell you 20 different things.
Kat

Crowqueen

Alissa said:
Interesting, Crowqueen! I should add, I don't subscribe in the least to predicting the length of one's life during a palm reading. Not Ever. It's against my principles. And I've not found it helpful in a reading, in the very least. Especially since our lines change.

I say just go out and live a long and happy life!! Children? Smildren. It is not uncommon for women of our generation to have their children much later than was considered normal even 25 years ago, you've got plenty of time to keep considering your options.

As for the upward swing of your rascettes, would you know if gynecological issues need addressed for a successful pregnancy? I've actually never seen an upward-swinging rascette, only read of them... I believe it's another extremely rare palm marking.

My boyf was telling me how he intends to live to a good 110-odd, maybe 145 if he's feeling lucky. And he wants me to join him - I've apparently been marked down for at least two kids...!!! No, only joking (well, a bit). (He was done at the age of 14 and told he would live a long time, have children and get married... though he didn't mention to whom, we are pretty sure that we are meant to be together.)

I am not the world's most enthusiastic person when it comes to the idea of kids at all. At a pinch I might consider adoption, because I think I lack the necessary biological drive. But, you never know, and of course you never know how specific palmistry can be: I heard from someone who was told she would be married twice. She has had one marriage and one "relationship" where she shares the bills and house with a very close male friend, but she feels like she has all the negative aspects of marriage/cohabiting without the intimacy and affection of a real one.

Crowqueen

Dancing Bear said:
I have never come accross self inflicted scars, but would definately not mention them, a bit of etiquette is in order.

Mine are on the wrong side anyway. IME of the idea of self-harm - which in my case extended merely to pricking myself with a needle to try and draw blood, and one incident with a bread-knife - the scars are not on the palm but on the wrists or back of the hand.

December Fairy

tabbycat said:
I was told by a reader that my hand showed that I'd have two children. I said that I didn't have any and he asked me if I was sure! Heck, I know my memory's going, but I'd have noticed two pregnancies, the subsequent births and the two small strangers running about in the house, wouldn't I? ;)

Are you sure??? That is way too funny. lol

I think you would remember that.

December Fairy

Alissa said:
If the top rascette arches upwards into the palm it is an indication of gynecological problems and difficulties in childbirth. The ancient Greeks [sic?] knew this. If the priests noticed a woman with the top rascette arching onto her palm, she became a vestal virgin at the temple and was not allowed to marry."

I have one child. 3 rascette lines. Both sides arch up. I do have gynecological problems. Wow. I've never heard of that before.

I'm wondering if it matters which hand you use?

What are the best books to find on this subject?

I would like to read more about it.

Alissa

December Fairy said:
I'm wondering if it matters which hand you use?
As a general rule of "thumb," ;) read the sitter's predominant hand, that is, the hand they most often use.
What are the best books to find on this subject?
I recommend Cheiro's Palmistry: language of the hand as a good classic reference source. Most modern palmistry techniques are based off Cheiro's methods. However, his Victorian language and approach can make it tough going, not an easy read.

I also like Richard Webster's Revealing Hands as well, his illustrative examples are large and much easier to use than Cheiro's.

Hope these ideas help!

December Fairy

Thanks, I'll look for those books.

psychic sue

One thing I don't understand is that I have LOADS of children lines - yet only two children. Can someone explain this to me?

Alissa

Well, it's a good question, one we're trying to puzzle through here, sue! :D

One theory we're working with is that the perception of "children" may be different than just one's offspring. It would seem that personal projects (or others' children) whom we hold a close attachment to might be showing up as "children" lines.

The discrepency of where to find the children lines on the palm would be up to the individual palmist to resolve though, as several methods are at play. ;)