Tarot of Prague Companion Book by itself??

sunflowr

Is there a way to order the Tarot of Prague book by itself? Tonight I bought the deck by itself, and it comes with a nice little booklet but no explanations as to the imagery or anything. I'm very interested in the book, now that I have seen the deck and am in love. :)

baba-prague

Yes, but I'm afraid only on our shop site. We did have a long talk originally with our US distributors, who wanted us to do the book separately, but we felt there wouldn't be a huge (or even a moderate) demand for it on its own. We did, however, snaffle all the left-over books after packing which means that usually we have a few (we ran out last year, then found a small heap of them in a corner at the printers!) Once the ones left have gone, then I'm afraid that's it.

The kit is now OOP - we are almost out, although the various distributors still have some so I'm sure it'll be around for a few months yet.

We aren't sure about a second edition of the kit. If we do one we would make substantial changes (we find it impossible not to change things :) ) so I think it could be a good year or two - if it happens at all.

Edited to add - you could try in the trading forum if you need to find one in the US. Someone may have a spare or something, always possible.

Also edited to add. I'm glad you are in love with the deck :). It means that one day you will probably come to Prague - no really, I do think Prague, the city, somehow draws people in. It's a very special place.

sunflowr

I think I will order it from you. I dont mind the wait. Well.... hmmm I do but I dont want to wait for someone to maybe have a spare and meanwhile you sell out. I really want this book. :)

I'm already thinking Prague will be somewhere I'd like to visit someday. :)

edit to add: I'll ask this board and give it 2 days, otherwise I will def order from you.

sunflowr

ps: I think that, now that the deck is by itself (and only recently being seen in shops here), the demand for the book will be more. I hear it's one of the best! :)

Baroli

Tarot of Prague

Quick story about this deck. I had a dream, which I posted here about me going into a classroom and the teacher who was there said one word to me which was Prague. As I was waking up, someone once again said in my ear quite loudly Prague. Of course there was no one in my room except my cat.

I have since purchased and use quite often my deck, with excellent results. The book is wonderful to read, if just for the history of this beautiful and magical city. And yes, while being in London working next year, I fully intend to do a side trip to Prague. The city is calling to me to come and visit and visit I shall and I will document this visit with my trusty digital camera, so that I may download and show all this beautiful, mysterious, magical city.

Baroli

PS Btw, when I ordered my kit from Amazon, I was fortunate to receive a 1st edition deck. I was thrilled with that and surprised when I saw two different death cards.