help with The Empress

ana luisa

What can the empress mean when she comes as the outcome of a relationship? Is it only a "maternal" card?

manda78

what deck were you using?

Depereo

If I were reading the Empress as the outcome of a relationship, I would read it as a calm, mostly smooth relationship, because I usually view the Empress, when dealing with situations, as a card of calming or luxuriousness.

However you read it, I can't see the Empress being a very negative thing alone.

My two cents ;)

livelife

I would see it as a fruitful relationship.

ana luisa

I was using the Gilded Tarot. In fact, I used a spread I really like for relationships. It´s a simple 3-card spread showing the Past of the relationship, the present and the future. I got a very easy reading for the past and present.I only use major arcanas for this type and got the world as the past and the moon as the present. If I read it right, it would mean that in the past, the relationship was complete, fullfilling and whole. The present, as I don´t dislike the moon card, I read as a period of doubts, wonderings and may be discoveries. The two are getting to know each other better. But then, I got the empress, that looked like a really mild, lukewarm closure for a "world" relationship.... That´s what confused me.

memries

I would see it as someone caring, nurturing and faithful. Someone who is with you through all your travails.

Lady Orchard

ana luisa said:
But then, I got the empress, that looked like a really mild, lukewarm closure for a "world" relationship.... That´s what confused me.

I wouldn't see the empress as a lukewarm future....I think this points to the relationship continuing to grow and develop, the two people nurturing each other, unconditional love even

starrystarrynight

All of the above...with even the possibiity of motherhood in the future, as the Empress often signifies fertility, creativity, and fruitfulness.

cybercat

The empress is also the high queen of her domain. So it could relate that the person would become more in charge of all around her.

cybercat

tink27

ana luisa said:
. But then, I got the empress, that looked like a really mild, lukewarm closure for a "world" relationship.... That´s what confused me.

I see the empress as a potent force that creates an environment in which we are each free to develop our own potential. She knows how to make the world run smoothly - all we have to do is to be willing to listen to her and work together physically, emotionally and spiritually

Perhaps she is a symbol of teaching love between two people that encompasses love, security and comfort and not a relationship that has become only sexually based.

tink