Struck by Lightning

psychic sue

A smallish tree in my back-garden was struck by lightning last night - it's sheared in two and the top half is now lying on my lawn.

I am thinking, this is not a good omen?

Kahlie

Normally I would say no...

On the other hand... this is a strong sign in my opinion to: "Get out of your Head". Have you been analysing, worrying and the like instead of going out into nature?

Kahlie

psychic sue

Yep - every day for about a month now. I think you may be right. I am not a great connector with nature though - maybe now is the time to start?

Alissa

Last summer, lightning struck a tree where I often hike to sit and think deep in the forest... I call it Lightning Tree. Amazing too, it was a huge ponderosa and it looked like Paul Bunyan took an axe to it, about 30 feet up from the ground was where it got split in half.

To me, it is the sign of the Gods fertilizing our earth, imbuing the ground with the wilder energies that exist. I have found it a potently good omen myself....

edited to add: think of the Magician... (he is the lightning rod).

Think of the Tower... (the lightning bolt's destruction frees the entrapped soul).

Lightning isn't a bad thing, but a symbol of Divine power.

Netzach

Looked at another way, is this not a sign that you are protected? The lightning hit a tree, not your house. The tree was split but nothing caught fire. Sad for the tree - but it's replaceable. No one was hurt.

I'd say there are good energies there, not bad.

Sophie

The Druids of old saw it as a great sign, and said the tree was blessed, especially if it kept growing afterwards.

I would interpret it as you might the Tower card - something is exploding and you need to go with it - accept its reality.

prudence

Alissa said:
Last summer, lightning struck a tree where I often hike to sit and think deep in the forest... I call it Lightning Tree. Amazing too, it was a huge ponderosa and it looked like Paul Bunyan took an axe to it, about 30 feet up from the ground was where it got split in half.

To me, it is the sign of the Gods fertilizing our earth, imbuing the ground with the wilder energies that exist. I have found it a potently good omen myself....

edited to add: think of the Magician... (he is the lightning rod).

Think of the Tower... (the lightning bolt's destruction frees the entrapped soul).

Lightning isn't a bad thing, but a symbol of Divine power.

I think Sue's spirit guide is named Lightning Tree. Maybe this is a really big sign from him. A good powerful one, imo.

Wow Sue, that's amazing.

edit~I wonder how a photo of the tree would look, maybe in black and white or sepia, framed....I would surely like to see it.

mingbop

lol maybe hes sick of being called grey wolf !

Netzach

prudence said:
I think Sue's spirit guide is named Lightning Tree.

Yes, that occurred to me, too. Would tie in with the idea of being protected.

Alissa

I second the request for a picture!