Struck by Lightning

Milfoil

psychic sue said:
A smallish tree in my back-garden was struck by lightning last night - it's sheared in two and the top half is now lying on my lawn.

I am thinking, this is not a good omen?

"Of all the trees in all the neighbourhoods in all the world, lightening strikes mine" ;)

Odd though that you used to call your guide Lightening tree . . . . .

I concur with Helvetica's link to the Tower card. In my Ananda deck, the Tower is quite beautiful and some of the accompanying text . . . .

The very oldest traditions of the Tarot tell us that the image of the tower is connected with an imminent experience of God. Titles like <<House of God>> and <<God as Home>> point to the polar opposte of the image of the Devil. . . . . Here we cannot get around being honest with ourselves as we really are with all the positive and negative characteristics. The warning in this image is the deeper we fall, the higher we can climb. On the way to Heaven the path keeps getting narrower.

Keywords: Emergence of repressed emotions, following one's own calling, harmony of thought, word and deed. Future orientated thinking, ready to take risks, higher striving, goal orientated, experiences of limitation, imminent experience, over stimulation of one's abilities, pride, false ambition, freing unused energies.

Some of that I find very useful to my own life right now (and guess what card I pulled as a daily on Monday?)

Attachments

• tower.JPG
    tower.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 62

Tarotphelia

Girl go get some of that lightning struck wood ! Cut it up for runes and wands - sell some to Druids and witches !

prudence

Alissa said:
I second the request for a picture!
I'd frame it and hang it above an altar creating a center piece to honor my guide.

Crowqueen

Milfoil said:
Some of that I find very useful to my own life right now (and guess what card I pulled as a daily on Monday?)

What deck is that?

I know what I would like to add to this discussion, but it involves politics so I guess I should leave well alone. But don't say I didn't warn them at the time.

Nevada

I would say no, the damage is done.

You wouldn't believe the number of times trees near me have been struck. I'm still here, and so are some of those trees. Maybe, yes, it's a sign to pay attention. Or maybe simply to make the most of life because our lives are like those of the trees, we never know when lightning will strike. Good or bad.

Nevada

Tarotphelia

Nevada said:
You wouldn't believe the number of times trees near me have been struck.

If that's specific to a property, that is sometimes said to be a sign that it's a possible negative energy area. I was staying in a house in the woods temporarily, and it had lightning struck trees on 3 sides. A nasty place I never wish to see again.

Nevada

Dark Inquisitor said:
If that's specific to a property, that is sometimes said to be a sign that it's a possible negative energy area. I was staying in a house in the woods temporarily, and it had lightning struck trees on 3 sides. A nasty place I never wish to see again.
Interesting point. They weren't all here, but two or three were, so I tend to wonder if that's true. We've actually been thinking about moving. Two incidents here were dry lightning that struck palm trees on neighboring property. We're on a hill, and there are lots of palm trees. They go up like tiki torches. Surprisingly they've all survived. We moved in during a very stormy winter, and the first night in the house our cat (no longer living) slept in my husband's arms (he never did that before or after) while a storm blew outside. Anyway, I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but there are other things about this house that make me think (and I have thought for a while) that we don't belong here. Even though finding this house did seem the right thing at the time, and we were desperate for a new home, I tend now to think it was only meant to be temporary. Thanks for your insight, Dark Inquisitor.

Nevada

Alissa

Dark Inquisitor said:
Girl go get some of that lightning struck wood ! Cut it up for runes and wands - sell some to Druids and witches !
Dayum... why didn't I think of that...??? What a great idea, DI!

psychic sue

Gosh yes I will go an get some branches off it - I'll take a pic but it's just a tree stump now.

I did think about the Tower card actually and I am having a "Tower" time of it at the moment.

Mary - I think I will go back to calling him Lightning Tree!

Sue x