Struck by Lightning

Sophie

Sue - do you remember Follyfoot on telly -with The Lightning Tree?

Here's the Lightning Tree song from the series :)

Down in the meadow where the wind blows free,
In the middle of a field stands a lightning tree.
It’s limbs all torn from the day it was born
For the tree was born in a thunderstorm.

Grow, grow, the lightning tree,
It’s never too late for you and me;
Never give in too easily.

Down in the meadow where the wind blows light,
The lightning struck in the middle of the night.
Limbs stripped bare by the lightning flare
The lightning flare was a wild affair.

Down in the meadow where the wind blows cold,
The lightning tree stands stiff and old.
Branches bent when the lightning rent
The lightning rent from the firmament.

Down in the meadow with the wind in the west,
The lightning tree faced up to the test.
Its heart went snap when it took the rap,
the terrible rap of the thunder clap.

Down in the meadow when the wind blows free,
A whispering breeze in the lightning tree.
Dreams come true if you want them to
If you want them to, then it’s up to you.

It’s never too late for you and me.

It’s never too late for you and me.

How about that for an upbeat message? Try and sing it - you'll see, it works magic.

Milfoil

Good grief, I even remember the tune (how sad is that?) and I've just realised how many words I've been singing wrong all these years!!

psychic sue

My God you have given me the shivers - when I first met my Guide, that was the song playing in my head - and why I called him Lightning Tree.

I think there is a message for me in those lyrics too - very apt at the moment.

Sophie

I've had that song in my head ever since I stumbled upon this thread ;)
I hope it can cheer you up, if nothing else.

I loved that series.

Milfoil - you and me both for the wrong words. We can do better now :D

Netzach

I've never heard of the series . . . or the song. But the lyrics have sent shivers down my spine.

psychic sue

It's the song he always puts in my head when he is around me. So he is pretty much screaming TAKE NOTE SUE isn't he?

Alissa

I thought of this thread today... this morning, I went for a walk in our lovely, wet forest out to Lightning Tree, mostly for exercise for the body and mind. Once there, I stopped and rested my hand on his broken limbs for a while, just chilling - was thinking about the notion of harvesting some of the broken wood that's still lying in large chunks and splinters from the initial blast last year, as mentioned in this thread.

I looked down and noticed a perfect 8" thick chunk of wood, from this tree, lying right next to my foot. And I picked it up, and turned it in my hand, and was thinking of how my thumb seems to fit the natural sway of the wood grain so nicely, makes you want to hold it with your thumb pointing up instead of wrapping around the fist.

And I said, Gee... my hand is the Ace of Wands right now!

By this point I had been holding the wood for maybe a minute or so, and I noticed a slight buzz coming over me... at first it was so sublte, it felt like the energy high you get when you stop exercising, and your blood's coursing through you - maybe it's from my walk, I wondered. But then, the tingling seemed to concentrate itself in my 6th and 7th chakras, really a slow-building buzz.

I held the chunk the whole way home, knowing I had found my perfect wand. I put the stick down about 15 minutes ago, and I'm still buzzing.... Great suggestion again, DI!

Tarotphelia

Wow Alissa - that's fantastic ! How are you going to finish it ? Or are you just leaving it natural?

Alissa

Totally natural! Actually the way the wood is split from the lightning to follow its grain, it looks rough and fantastic - it's 8 inches long or so, but it's only a rough inch in diameter. I'll polish it with my hand oils over a good long lifetime spent holding it during meditations and other journeys. :D