tarot tells the tale - boy what a good book!

MariaAZ

Keeping my fingers crossed, I just read this thread today & checked out eBay and found a copy for a few pennies more than a credit I have with Paypal. I'm on pins and needles now, because the seller holds the right to sell his/her goods elsewhere as well. So, hopefully no one bought it yet!

Saphyne

I just received this book yesterday and I'm a couple of chapters into the book, I'm impressed, it is a great book! Recommended reading for anyone.

Grizabella

I totally agree that it's a great book. I haven't gotten into many of his readings for the characters yet because I just got the book yesterday, but I can tell from just beginning the book that it's excellent.

shadowdancer

I have had so much fun since reading this book, doing my own character 3 card readings.

I have done 31 now, the last one being Princess Fiona from Shrek :)

go on.... give it a go yourself - it is great fun, and a great way of learning to put some of the techniques into practise for yourself.

I never did 3 card readings until I read this book, always assuming they were pointless etc. I have opened my eyes and actually realised I had been very (and wrongly) judgemental

Davina

MariaAZ

I just got my copy and haven't even read past the first chapter. The description of how to determine the meaning of court cards was worth the price of the book alone! Totally awesome book with great info on how to interpret the individual cards that I, as a tarot novice, am finding of IMMENSE help!

HearthCricket

I just got my copy, today, and I can't wait to dive into it. I have taken a few peeks, though, and it looks right up my alley! This looks like fun, and very enlightening!

Flavio

Currently reading the book... really good indeed, the best part is that you'll learn a lot while enjoying the tales, my favorite part is the explanation of the reading process given by Mr. Ricklef in each one of the 22 readings.

Most of the readings are 3 card spreads (actually 21 out of 22) and the last one is a Celtic Cross broken into mini-spreads, book also includes cards meanings and useful techniques to deal with Reversed and Court Cards.

Llynn

Sorry I'm late to this thread but I have to agree - this book is really good. It presents a way of reading reversed cards that is not just the opposite of the upright meaning and which I'm finding most helpful. Three card spreads are deceptively simple and this book encourages us to experiment using characters from history, TV and Films, literature - what an opportunity to have fun and learn at the same time!

Gayla

I finished reading it last night...it is a great book.

I emailed James Ricklef and shared how much I enjoyed it...he send me a nice, warm note.

A few knighthawk readings into the book I started reading the letter, doing a mini self interpritation of the cards and them comparing it to the Ricklef's interpretation.

He has a very light hearted approach to the tarot...I love it.

He has some fun stuff on his website...he puts funny little antidotes under cards and puts them on mugs and stuff..
http://www.jamesricklef.com/

Jewel

I recently finished reading this book, which I found and purchased thanks to this thread, and it is as good as you all said it would be!

I did not expect to really enjoy or get anything out of the readings, but I was really really wrong. I learned a lot from them. This book is great for beginners and experienced tarot practicioners alike.

Like others on this thread, I highly recommend this book. It is an easy fun read, and is helpful in improving tarot reading skills, as well as message delivery to the querent. It also teaches the depth of three card readings, which to me was very valuable.