Lionheart Spread

Muser257

Lol, I just love that word, Lion Heart. Anyway this spread is basically just the celtic cross with some additions on the circle and staff for a deeper understanding.

****6***8*********17*18
**5**S/1/2*9*******15*16
****4**10*********13*14
******3***********11*12

I feel reinforcing the staff and circle helps to give a clearer image of the problem. There are also many variations to the celtic cross so use your own layout, don't be restricted by mine.

Circle
S - The significator.
1 - The problem
2 - Crossing
3 - Root
4 - Water (Everything that water symbolizes)
5 - Past
6 - Earth (Everything that earth symbolizes)
7 - The Crown
8 - Air (Everything Air Symbolizes)
9 - Future
10 - Fire (You get it now i take it)

Staff

11 - Self (mind/feelings)
12 - Temple (Body/ Health)
13 - Enviornment
14 - Perceptions - How you see this enviornment
15/16 - Interchangeable (both relating to hopes and fears)
17/18 - Both Outcome

the celtic cross being such a common spread I take it this has probably been done many times. it took me a while to decide where the elements would fit in but it keeps earth in the north, Water in the east, Air in the west and fire south. So it should be all good. if anyone has any better suggestons for cards 11 - 18 plz feelfree to make suggestions. Remeber this is a spread in progress.

There was one thing i was confused with. If for example if the 9 of pentacles came up reversed on water, would the card keep it's original meaning or would it mean love that was compromised? Just a thought.

Thanx, Sandy

Muser257

someone reply to my spread or i'll cry...

Lain_82

Well..... I'm not that familiar with the Celtic Cross.... I mean, I've done some readings with it but I got all confused with the positions and everything.....

About this spread, I think it's interesting, but I'm not getting the "everything that water/earth/fire/air symbolizes...." How are you supposed to read those positions?

Lain

Ukkonen

Looks interesting...
Differentiating time and quality -aspect, instead of interpretating them in the same cards (i.e. time and element seen together...which some may find disturbing). I would personally use the elemental positions as shown in the pentagram; Fire-right below, water-right above, Air-left above, Earth-left below. Regardless of these, Spirit still remains in the "Crown" position, which is nice.
I'll give this a try. Thanks for posting :)

Muser257

Thank you for the comments.
What I meant by everything that water/air/earth/fire symbolise is that Water is symbolic of emotions, faith, love friendships and the like. What the suits of cups represents and the same for all the other elements and suits.

I like the idea of usig the pentagram instead. I was thinking about cutting down the staff sections too. I like the bottom cards but hopes and fears and outcomes can be reduced.
A work in progress.
Its nice and sunny where i am thats why i have shades on, lol

Lain_82

Muser257 said:
Thank you for the comments.
What I meant by everything that water/air/earth/fire symbolise is that Water is symbolic of emotions, faith, love friendships and the like. What the suits of cups represents and the same for all the other elements and suits.

Oh!!!!! I get it :p. Actually that's a very cool idea, it brings a whole new level of perspective to the spread.

Muser257

LOL, Lain, I'm glad you like it. I've also made some alterations to the staff after a number of readings with this spread. Continuing the elemental attributes.
12 being the temple and body is associated with feeling and health. (Earth)
14 was perceptions and I feel best attributed to Swords (Thinking)
16 besides hopes and fears i have now decided this will be what you SENSE will happen.
And finally card 18 besides outcomes being associated with Wands and Fire is telling you what has to be DONE.
This is well on it's way to be becoming my favourite spread now, mostly because I feel something personal towards it.
Hope you get it. Lol

Muser257

Ok. totally changed the whole staff layout. Happy enough with the circle but i felt that staff was too ridgid.

So the usual celtic cross staff is laid and then another card is placed on top.
so now it's basically

14/18(Doing, ie what must be done)
13/17(sensing)
12/16(thinking)
11/15(feeling - also health)

...for anyone that's interested...

if anyone can think of a more useful interpretation of cards 15 to 18 your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again
Sandy

Dancing Bear

I also find that the base card of the wand (staff 11/15) normally comes out to be who the querent is on the inside, thoughts feelings, overall general personality, or what they need to do to attain a certain state of mind..

It is a very personal card to the querent,and gives me an idea who this person is.. It is the first card i look at..., I just find it covers all bases.. a second card on top is a lovely idea.

I will give your spread a go and let you know how it goes..

DB xx

Muser257

Thanx Dancing bear. Hope it Works for you. Its all I really use now apart from the occasional past, present , future and astrolgical spread.