How To Laminate Cards?

tarotlyn

Okay...it is the same as my 5"... meaning it also takes the 'magnet' rolls, which
is really thicker than the 110# card stock...

so...I am wondering what else it could be then? it's weird... and come to think
of it, I used my 5" machine to run through a thick (Brotherhood of Light card)
and it didn't bow at all.

Another thought, when I run my cards or sheet of cards through either my 5" or 9" xyron,
I crank it pretty fast. I don't go slow at all...I mean not too fast of course, but
pretty quickly.

Anyway, the ironing idea (of gregory's) sounds like a good thing to try at this point for you.
Can you post the results if you go this route?

Wish I could be more help :(
:heart:tarotlyn

strings of life

I cranked it very slow, maybe that's it? I'll try it faster. I'm not worked as I'm sure th iron/heat will flatten them. Thanks :love:.

shadowdancer

wow, sounds an awful lot of trouble some of you are having to go through here.

I just put mine through, trimmed the cards out, then put them through individually for a second time, just for luck. No warps, bends, peeling or anything else problematic.

Laminators are certainly different.

Davina

strings of life

shadowdancer said:
wow, sounds an awful lot of trouble some of you are having to go through here.

I just put mine through, trimmed the cards out, then put them through individually for a second time, just for luck. No warps, bends, peeling or anything else problematic.

Laminators are certainly different.

Davina
Just a small bump for me, but all will be fixed :). They came out great otherwise! I didn't want a hot laminator so this one is fine. Who knows, mine could be damaged one.

ETA: I had some issues (see below). Chalking it up to a faulty machine. Really, it can't[/] be me.

gregory

Nina* is good with cold lamination - call her !!!

strings of life

I gave up ;)

I gave up.

I'm returning my Xtron 5" and am chalking it up as being defective. Aside from ruining about 7 cards tonight, the cards are still bowing.

I'm also returning 2 of my unused laminating refills to Amazon.

Perhaps an attempt in lamination is something I'll tackle further down the road ;).

I made myself better though and ordered 2 copies of the deck I ruined: one to use carefully and one to save, plus I have some of the Minors from the failed lamination job, ha!

tarotlyn

aurarcana said:
I gave up.

I'm returning my Xtron 5" and am chalking it up as being defective. Aside from ruining about 7 cards tonight, the cards are still bowing.

I'm also returning 2 of my unused laminating refills to Amazon.

Perhaps an attempt in lamination is something I'll tackle further down the road ;).

I made myself better though and ordered 2 copies of the deck I ruined: one to use carefully and one to save, plus I have some of the Minors from the failed lamination job, ha!

:(...so sorry, :heart: sweetie... I think it might have been your machine...
maybe the rollers are too tight or something...next time just buy a used xyron
machine on ebay possibly...that way it is sure to be loosen up enough maybe.

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

strings of life

tarotlyn said:
:(...so sorry, :heart: sweetie... I think it might have been your machine...
maybe the rollers are too tight or something...next time just buy a used xyron
machine on ebay possibly...that way it is sure to be loosen up enough maybe.

:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn
I'm okay. My cats (I have 2) were looking at me like I was crazy since I was talking to the machine. I'm a pretty crafty person, so I really don't think the issues had to do with me doing something incorrectly.

I think it's wonderful that all of you have been so successful! And like I said, at least I can replace (and did!) the deck that I destroyed :laugh:.

:love:

tarotlyn

...well you know our pets are always entertaining us...
...so they must have had a blast watching you...Ha Ha...:laugh:

Dancing Bear

Well I have been lurking in this thread , reading everyones posts for a while now.
It has inspired me to laminate a deck.
Thanks everyone!