I received a beautiful gift today!

LadyMedusa

I didn't want to hijack Gorgeousbutterfly's feather thread as my feather came in a bit more personal way.

I've been thinking about spirit animals for a while, and wondered how I would find mine.

I was sitting on my back step this afternoon watching a young rabbit playing in the grass. When a shadow coasted across the yard the bunny bolted for the cornfield that stretches behind our yard. A large Red Tail Hawk gracefully landed on the utility pole in the corner of the yard. It watched the rabbit dissappear into the field, then looked directly at me for bit. It almost seemed to say "oh well, I wasn't really that hungry". After a few minutes, it shook out it's feathers and took to the sky. As it flew above where I was sitting, I saw something flutter. A beautiful feather floated down into my outstretched hands.

I think it's safe to say I have my answer.

LadyMedusa

psychic sue

What a lovely story - interesting that you connected to nature. When you mentioned the rabbit, I thought of the queen of pentacles. Lovely.

Milfoil

Beautiful. Its lovely when these things happen isn't it?

memries

It shows you that you were there at just the moment you were meant to be. In other words you are on track...what a miracle ! Does that make the Red Tailed Hawk your Totem ? I guess so. You will have great fun reading about all that. I never heard of it before to actually see a feather float down from a bird ? Pretty neat !