tarot for self discovery

truthsayer

has anyone gotten this book yet? i got it this week and i love it! in fact, i think it's going to be a tight race b/t tarot for yourself and this one as to being my favorite. ninalee braden writes so well and her self discovery exercises are so thought provoking. i'd love to have a study group on it. i got mine from amazon for around $12 plus shipping. i haven't done any exercises yet but i'll post back what i think after i do.

Maan

Hi Truth
Please keep us informed....this book is on my whislist all i need is a little more convincing;)
And if it can compeet with M Greers book that i really love i just need a little puch to extually buy it :)

Minderwiz

I'd also like to hear more. Anything that rivals TFY sounds like something I'd want to get

Minderwiz

truthsayer

if you want an idea of what the book covers, simply pop over to ninalee's website. she has some self discovery exercises and lots of other goodies posted there. i think your questions about the book can be answered better there than anything i could say.

http://www.geocities.com/~ninalee/

starfish66

Truth -

I've got this book on order at my local bookstore (they said it should be in by the end of this upcoming week). I would also be interested in a group study of it.

:T10C Starfish

Molly

If I ever get enough money, I am definitely getting this book - I love her website and her ideas for working with tarot beyond prediction spreads. I wanted to see these exercises in book form as that would be so much easier to study, and *yea* it has happened finally! I will definitely join a study group for this - I'll post when I finally have the book!

Fiona Blackwolf

I just got the book last week and I would totally love to join a study group on it ! It looks so amazing. I havent done any of the exercises yet but they all look great!

Phoenix

I just got this book yesterday, so will let you know how I like it once I really get into it. I was lucky to find it. I was in a book store yesterday, and I saw it there, just sitting on the shelf, asking me to buy it! LOL!

Cerulean

It's less expensive than most tarot decks.
It's worth a great deal if you like to do journal-type or storytelling exercises. I did a test with my current top five favorite decks--a two card draw and then saw if I could do a write-up or storytelling exercise.
It turns out my Tarot of the Cloisters worked the best for me.
I compared it to Giorgio Trevisan's Tarots of the Renaissance (very light-hearted and romantic), the majors only Romantic Tarots by Trevisan, AGM Mueller's Tarot of Love with illustrations by Marcia Perry (many Asian symbols, mixed ancestry pairs) and the Dante Tarot. Even with familiarity of Asian symbols for the Tarot of Love, I found that I wanted to read about the meanings before I did any writing. Same with the Dante Tarot, although I had some recent classes on Dante's Divine Comedy.
The author mentioned using the Rider Waite, Spiral, and a few other decks, but mostly the Robin Wood name stood out to me. Unfortunately the Robin Wood doesn't work for me at all.
Cloisters is probably an unusual choice, but I especially like some details. For instance, the expression of the woman in the Nine of Pentacles. Just outside my round window, with decorative glass, the woman reaches to gather the folds of her mantle. Nine discs decorate the rich lining on one side of her: the other side of her, you can see a peacock standing and nearer to me, a beautiful arbor of grapes spill their fruit. She doesn't see me yet, but there's a smile beginning in her face. She's a friend, come to visit my hobbit-home.
Lots of ideas to inspire from the right deck and Tarot of Self Discovery book.
Mari H.

jema

i already done a lot of the exercises when i had a tarotgroup i mentored about two years ago and when i was in nina lees yahoo mailing-list group.
i had it all saved to my hard-drive. but well, it is gone now.
so i just went ahead and ordered the book myself.
perhaps when i and a few other get it we could do one exrecise and post about it here at the forum?